PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on fast SBG army

RohanCaptain
20-04-2009, 04:21
What's going on, I hope you're all doing great.

Need your help with something.

I need to put a 600pts SBG army to use in about 1mo. Sadly, i'm not the fastest painter, and pretty much all my models are primed black.

I could go with the route of 6-8 heroes, but wanted to add a few more troops.

Working 8-6 everyday and running chores doesn't leave much time for a whole army, so I wanna have a back up plan.

What would you guys suggest??

I was thinking Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, and some army of the dead to represent when they come back to fight at pelennor fields.

Another option could be the same, with Theoden, Gamling, and Riders of Rohan, to represent the crossing from Eodoras to Helms Deep. This would require painting horses.

In the books, when Aragorn comes back to fight at Pelennor Fields, is he with the Gray Company?? Who else is with him?? I'm reading the books now, but I'm still at Helms deep.

Thanks for the help, any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I'm looking for an army that I can paint, be somewhat reasonable competitive, while having fun. I'm sure I'm not gonna win with 15-20 models at most, but I also don't wanna be a walk in the park for my opponent :)

Thank you

jaws900
20-04-2009, 07:40
I would suggest Gondor as a silver spray paint (Witch they still sell i think) will paint most of them in seconds with only flash and balck coulrs need to be added. And Elfornd's Son along with Halbarad where with Aragron. Also i think that Forlong the fat may have been with them too.

Bento
20-04-2009, 08:14
I believe Elladan and Elrohir were with Aragorn, as Jaws900 said. You've also got Halbarad carrying the banner of the Evenstar, if memory serves.

RohanCaptain
21-04-2009, 05:24
Thanks for the help :)

It seems that SBG is not as popular anymore, or more people are into WOTR.

if my local store has the silver spray, I might try it for some men of gondor. If not, I'm thinking Aragorn, Legolas, gimli, about 3 Rangers of the North, and about 6-8 Rangers of Arnor.

I don't think I'll give Aragorn Anduril, since it's 75pts, and that's quite a few arnor rangers. I'm thinking since they have no bow limitation, a small force that can pick off the enemy from far away, and then hopefully deliver in hand to hand.

jaws900
21-04-2009, 06:54
Good luck. Oh and if you have (Or a friend has) some Wash's then i would really recoment them to help with the gondor army. It's quick to do and really makes them look far better without spending ages painting the armour about 3 diffrent coulors.