PDA

View Full Version : Excuses for WH taking up all time instead of homework??

Lordi
20-04-2009, 16:05
Hi everyone, me and a friend were making up excuses for not doing any homework because we had to paint, here's what we came with:

''Sorry sir, Chaos called and how can I resist the gods?''

''Sorry sir, a goblin ate my homework''

''Sorry sir, I was trapped in a cult of pleasure''

''Sorry sir, I got a cold while painting my Plaguebearers''

Quite geeky actually, but we had a blast. So, do you have more excuses?:D

Max Jet
20-04-2009, 16:41
"The only reason YOU can stand here and ask me for my homework is because > I < defended this Place from the ******* Xenos!"
(Space Marine snobish answer)

"Homework? HERESY!!!!!"
(inquisition answer)

"I accidently painted over it."

"I left it at the hobby center."

"It is now absorbed by a Hyve fleet.. you see.. >without number< is called >with Algebra< now"

"The Inquisition called >exterminatus< on it"

"It was NOT for the greater good."

zedeyejoe
20-04-2009, 17:09
None I am afraid. Real world takes priority.

Just think, effort now allows you to get a decent job at decent pay so you can afford to indulge your hobbies.

Max Jet
20-04-2009, 17:17
None I am afraid. Real world takes priority.

Just think, effort now allows you to get a decent job at decent pay so you can afford to indulge your hobbies.

Easy! XD I myself am a physics student and have only ever forgotten my homework about three or four times in my entire life. It's just for the fun.

Griefbringer
20-04-2009, 17:23
It is the will of the Emperor for the homework to be done, for as he spoketh from the Golden Throne: "Homework shall be done, for thus will be the future of mankind ensureth!"

It is the easy and vile lure of chaos that tempts one away from his duty and study, and it must be resisted. Give ye not into temptation, or thy shall be punished by eternal damnation as a traitor and renegade.

So conscript, stop inventing excuses and get to those homework now, and you might make it into a real guardsman one day!

(More seriously, stop inventing excuses and get that homework done for the day before you start doing any painting.)

Lordi
20-04-2009, 20:27
Lol, didn't think I would get these kind of reactions!! I AM making my homework every day, it's just for fun remember? :angel:

Deamon-forge
20-04-2009, 20:41
Lol, didn't think I would get these kind of reactions!! I AM making my homework every day, it's just for fun remember? :angel:
LOL! i was over due for some food hygien work i needed for work, i was to busy making Elysians and forgot to do it lol. all done now,

Home work should be done but i did like some of the excuses you done.

Griefbringer
20-04-2009, 21:23
Remember:

- Imperium does not tolerate failure.
- Imperium does not tolerate forgetfulness.
- Imperium does not tolerate excuses.
- Execution squad, take aim!

zedeyejoe
20-04-2009, 21:37
Lol, didn't think I would get these kind of reactions!! I AM making my homework every day, it's just for fun remember?

Neither did I actually.

I mean who cares about work these days. I remember firms putting TVs in their offices so that people could watch the world cup, rather than calling in sick to watch the matches at home (I suppose none of these people own a TV recorder).

Oh well glad there are few other people out there who also think its the best thing you can do in life to get a good start in school/college. However as an antidote to that, a friend of mine made a small fortune in currency dealing and he was awful at school. On the other hand he could not manage his money and went bust a few years ago. Now he works as a taxi driver.

Lewzardman
20-04-2009, 21:55
There seems to be a fair few Serious-Steves around, the OP is just trying to have a bit of fun. :rolleyes:

zedeyejoe
21-04-2009, 06:48
Well feel free, off you go...

Osbad
21-04-2009, 13:47
"Sorry sir, I'm actually 40 years old and left school in 1986..."

ehlijen
21-04-2009, 14:06
The book didn't bear the Aquila so I didn't think it was safe to open!

Disclaiming of course that a) do your homework m'kay and b) pretending that your imaginary game world holds more sway over you than real life can quickly lead to the entire hobby becoming prosecuted by all the wrong people. It happened to dnd, I'd hate for it to happen to warhammer (if it hasn't already).

Angelwing
21-04-2009, 15:55
"Sorry sir, I'm actually 40 years old and left school in 1986..."

Unless you are on an adult course as I am.
I really had to push myself to get the homework done with the distractions around.

However in the spirit of the thread:

"Sorry sir but I was conscripted by an Imperial guard bandwagoneer" :p

Jo Bennett
21-04-2009, 16:05
As a teacher I must point out that any of these excuses used in my classroom are likely to result in exterminatus.

Griefbringer
21-04-2009, 16:50
I can just see a teacher who has heard one excuse too many picking up a chainsaw from under his desk and starting to yell: "Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Throne of Khorne!"

philbrad2
21-04-2009, 17:00
I left in '83 so beat you there, this ones not going to far is it? Can we have some 'constructive' comments to the OP's question , let the thread die a natural death or I'll be forced to exterminate.

PhilB
:chrome:
+ WarSeer Mod Team +

FAQ
http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php
POSTING GUIDLINES
http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_posting_guidelines