PDA

View Full Version : Warrior sized force.

hendybadger
20-04-2009, 21:08
i am looking into building a warrior 'mid' sized tyranid army
the units im lookin at are
warriors
winged warriors
raveners
biovores
zoanthropes
lictors

which units should i take without fail and which should i avoid?

hope someone can help

Vepr
20-04-2009, 21:19
i am looking into building a warrior 'mid' sized tyranid army
the units im lookin at are
warriors
winged warriors
raveners
biovores
zoanthropes
lictors

which units should i take without fail and which should i avoid?

hope someone can help

Biovores can be taken as a just for fun unit just as long as you do not expect big things from them. They hand out KP now and they are expensive for the return you get from them.

Raveners are cool but also expensive for what they do. Plus if you deep strike them they stand around that turn waiting to get shot before doing anything. You can deploy them regularly but you really have to keep them protected and in cover which can rob them of their speed which is their only asset at this point.

Winged warriors are pretty expensive for what they do especially with run in 5th.

Warriors with death spitters are decent on ranged attacks. CC warriors can get expensive and often you are better off with stealers instead but they can still put a real hurting on a unit if you get them across the board without getting shot up to much.

Lictors are fun but they tend to win big for you or fail miserably. They are great at going after undefended heavy weapons teams, artillery tanks etc. They are not so good going against units unless they are small and particularly squishy.

Zoans are still decent and a tough target but the can have a hard time landing killing blows on armor due to the test they have to take and low BS they have. They can actually really put a hurting on infantry with the regular blast even tough units.

All in all it could be a lot of fun just don't expect to dominate. :)