PDA

View Full Version : Models that most need to be replaced

Nicha11
21-04-2009, 11:07
What are the models you most want replaced?

My vote goes too Skaven clanrats, and Dark Elf Harpies.

What do you believe are the models that need to be replaced?

Whitehorn
21-04-2009, 11:09
Monkey Skaven.

Lizardmen Cold Ones.

Tomb Kings. Entirely.

Dark Eldar.

Luthor
21-04-2009, 11:11
Black Knights, Zombies, Necromancers, and the Wight Kings.

Tomb King Skeletons.

All of Skaven except the Lustria stuff.

bob_the_small
21-04-2009, 11:12
The new DE collector characters, except for the great weapon one, the rest are TERRIBLE!!

BigBossOgryn
21-04-2009, 11:15
Dragon Ogres because they are older than most people that play WFB these days.

Chaos Ogres and Chaos Trolls because they're a pile of *****.

Not so much being replaced, but a Warshrine model would be nice.

ICEMANQ
21-04-2009, 11:16
What are the models you most want replaced?

My vote goes too Skaven clanrats, and Dark Elf Harpies.

What do you believe are the models that need to be replaced?

Just a time when I'm trying to hunt down a bunch of harpies:p They've been taken off the GW store order forms. Damn.

But.. The entire Tomb Kings range.

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
21-04-2009, 11:23
Goblin Wolf Riders, Saurus cavalry, Poisoned Wind Globadiers, Dwarf Flame Cannon, Dark Elf Spearmen/Crossbowmen. That's just for starters.

Ultimate Life Form
21-04-2009, 11:31
Whatīs wrong about the Tomb Kings range?

Well, in my opinion, all core units that are not plastic need a replacement. When the DoC book came out, I contemplated starting mono Nurgle, but upon learning that Iīd have to spend hundreds upon hundreds of bucks on core units alone, I quickly dropped the idea. I think Savage Orcs are metal as well? Donīt know about other races, but whatever core is metal, replace it!

bob_the_small
21-04-2009, 11:32
Goblin Wolf Riders, Saurus cavalry, Poisoned Wind Globadiers, Dwarf Flame Cannon, Dark Elf Spearmen/Crossbowmen. That's just for starters.

The gobbo wolf rider models, Poisoned Wind Globadiers, Dark Elf Spearmen/Crossbowmen there's nothing wrong with these, although the saurus cavalry models are TERRIBLE

W0lf
21-04-2009, 11:35
Black Knights, Zombies, Necromancers, and the Wight Kings.

Seconded.

Also to add;

Dark Riders
Harpies

Dragon ogres
Chaos chariot

Minotaurs

danaid
21-04-2009, 11:36
Dwarf Hammerer

mr.kislev
21-04-2009, 11:44
umm what? the dwarf hamerers are awsome.

now what i think need updates all forms of orgres not in the OK book (chaos orgres, dragon orgre and that renown unit) and alot of beast men stuff

O&G'sRule
21-04-2009, 12:08
Empire Knights

Whitehorn
21-04-2009, 12:20
Vulkan He'Stan.

*puke*

badgeraddict
21-04-2009, 12:25
Dark Elf Herpies need to changed urgently!

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
21-04-2009, 12:31
The clanrats from skaven, the boars from OnG, the necromancers from GW.

Greetz
G

kramplarv
21-04-2009, 12:31
Chaos Warriors.

or, all models which has no dynamic pose whatsoever.

Satan
21-04-2009, 12:35
Wood elves. Most of them, but specifically the glade riders. Wardancers and Wild riders just need someone to sculpt some proper faces on them.

I guess tomb kings, particularly skeletons, would be in a more dire need though. But let me tell you, those glade riders are horrible.

Ocid
21-04-2009, 12:45
Skaven clanmonkeys.

O&G'sRule
21-04-2009, 12:50
Chaos Warriors.

or, all models which has no dynamic pose whatsoever.

No way, the current models are awesome, totally capturing the vision of no nonsense martial power advancing on you, Theyre coming to kill you, nothing else is important

Sheena Easton
21-04-2009, 12:54
High Elf Spearmen / Sea Guard & Archers (and bring back the previous version of Shadow Warriors - the latest ones are terrible!)
Goblins & Goblin Wolf Riders
Savage Orcs (with plastic ones that have different poses)
Skaven Clanrats
Saurus Cold Ones

only joking...
21-04-2009, 13:20
Chaos chariot, Dark elf chariot, TBH most metal chariots, lizardmen cavalry, skaven clanrats, zombies (although i have a lot of love for that frame.) disgusting wood elf plastics, empire infantry (too peasant like for my altdorf army), EMPIRE PONY KNIGHTS, dark elf manticore, minotaurs, tomb kings range , chaos warriors, chaos marauders and theres plenty more after that...

bob_the_small
21-04-2009, 15:14
dark elf dragon, HE spearmen arent bad! theyre great!

Spider-pope
21-04-2009, 15:51
Ogre butchers and Greasus Goldtooth. They are the only OK mini's i cant stand. The Butchers faces dont even look like ogres, and Greasus is just plain awful.

Urgat
21-04-2009, 16:11
Ogre butchers and Greasus Goldtooth. They are the only OK mini's i cant stand. The Butchers faces dont even look like ogres, and Greasus is just plain awful.

I'll point you to the gorgers and sabertusks if you want ugly ogre minis. Those two get my vote, they're... ewww! Greasus I couldn't care less, and I like the butchers :p

moose
21-04-2009, 16:27
BoC - Dragon ogres
Brettonia - Grail Relique
Daemons - Plastic horrors/plaguebearers not that I need them
Dark Elves - Dragon
Empire - Flagellants, same sort of style but better
High Elves - Shadow warriors
Lizardmen - Slaan - new sculpt or alternative 2nd model as they all look the same :(.
Ogres - Plastic rhinox cavalry
Orcs - Plastic savage orc boyz
Skaven - Warpfire throwers as the rats look way bigger, plus I LIKE the clanrats
Tomb Kings - Skeletons, everything else looks great
Vampires - New black coach sculpt
Warriors of chaos - Chaos ogres
Wood elves - Plastic eternal guard

Moose

theunwantedbeing
21-04-2009, 16:36
Orc Boars could do with being re-done. Mainly to give them tusks that look more like they'de give +2 strength on the charge, as opposed to the tiny little stubs they have.

Dragon ogres and the Shaggoth.
Although the Shaggoth more than the dragon ogres, simply as it looks the least like its image of the two in the Warriors of Chaos book. (also the shaggoth image looks awesome and the model needs to look like that)

Skaven could do with new clanrats.

New plastic elves would be nice, thinner ones as currently they see far too chunky.
The elf range could get away with an entire overhaul into much more slender and lithe looking models.

Azethel
21-04-2009, 16:49
I will put up another vote for marauders needing to be redone. I am considering using dark elf warriors for my marauders (Slaaneshi) instead of the current awful marauder models. The chaos warriors are not too dynamic but still look quite good and have enough detail.

Chaos ogres, dragon ogres and chaos trolls also need to be redone desparately. Why is it that warriors of chaos get a new army book but only has models for one special choice made before 1995?

Rolo Ramone
21-04-2009, 18:19
Mounted Yeomen.

selone
21-04-2009, 18:45
All metal non character models with plastics :)

Tunnel Rat
21-04-2009, 19:10
Skaven: clanrats/slave and night runner/gutter runner box sets

Generally new horse, wolf, boar sculpts are in order I think.

New Swarm sculpts as well I suppose. I just recently saw Reapers bat swarm mini (http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/bat/sku-down/03355) and it's ten times better than GWs bats-on-sticks.

chivalrous
21-04-2009, 19:28
I'm not sure where all the Harpy hate is coming from, maybe because the wing tips take a fair bit of filing down before they fit properly.

On my list are:
Plastic core units that don't have plastic models yet and I suppose top of that list would be Demons.

Dark Rider steeds and command group (I don't like the helmets);The 'rank and file of the riders are fine, if a little too metallic for a core unit :p

Netherghoul
21-04-2009, 21:20
-zombies

-all skaven

-Nagash

Ertle
21-04-2009, 21:30
Im gonna have to go for the skaven clanrats and plastic savage orcs. Savage orcs could be really good if ya didnt have to spend a pretty penny for a handful of points.

Godgolden
21-04-2009, 23:47
any model you love ruleswise, but never will own them as their model is beyond fail.

see: chaos ogres, chaos dragon ogres.

Duke Georgal
22-04-2009, 00:00
Dragon Ogres.

They are just awful, even when they were new they were bad.

Dexter099
22-04-2009, 01:29
Dark Eldar.

Arduhn
22-04-2009, 01:49
Empire state troops and missile troops...give us back the puffy sleeves!

Alathir
22-04-2009, 09:11
Nagash.

Also, I really think the White Lions need an update... I dont mind the rest of the High Elf range, although Im not too big on the Silver Helm and Reaver mounts... plus I think the Swordmasters could use an overhaul, need to be much more dynamic.

Harpies for sure... and Lizardmen Cold ones... some near Boar Boyz (ones that actually rank up would be nice) and for the love of god, new CLANRATS. My Bretonnians and High Elves feel bad for the monkey-ratmen.

Harwammer
22-04-2009, 10:55
Going by looks alone. Obviously as a cheapskate I'd like most stuff to be plastic. Missing models also need filling, but that goes without saying!

BoC:
Shaman, bestigors, minotaurs, Chaos ogres, dragon ogres.

Bretonnians:
mounted yeomen

Daemons:
furies

Dark elves:
Harpies (traitor flying beastmen, terrible poses!)

Dwarfs:
Gyrochopter,

Empire:
Knights (if anything)

High Elves:
Ellyrian reavers,

Lizardmen:
Skinks, swarms, chameleon skinks,

Ogre Kingdoms:
Gorgers, yhetees, sabretusks, butchers need a face lift :rolleyes:

Orcs and Goblins:
Boarboyz

Skaven:
Storm vermin (they don't fit the skaven big hands look)

Tomb kings:
Horsemen

Vampire counts:
Fell bats

Warriors of Chaos:
Marauders, Chaos ogres, dragon ogres

Woodelves:
(I can't think of anything!)

All the ancient plastic mounts (boars, empire war horses, etc.) need replacing.

Based on my list, my release order would be:

Beasts of chaos (fixes some WoC models too!)
Ogre kingdoms
Lizardmen second wave
rest of late 6th ed armies, finishing with dwarfs and woodelves.

Ocid
22-04-2009, 11:39
Skaven:
Storm vermin (they don't fit the skaven big hands look)

Wait what?

You want some of the nicer of the range looking models to be resculpted to look what most people currently hate about the skaven range?

mrtn
22-04-2009, 12:07
I'll join the choir: Clanrats, Minotaurs, Dragon Ogres.

Spider-pope
22-04-2009, 14:11
I'll point you to the gorgers and sabertusks if you want ugly ogre minis. Those two get my vote, they're... ewww! Greasus I couldn't care less, and I like the butchers :p

Rather amusing, given that Gorgers are among my favourites. I think we can agree on Sabertusks. Personally i intend to use the High Elf Lions from the chariot to represent mine.

Ultimate Life Form
22-04-2009, 14:14
Hm, so, after reading the whole thread, I come to the conclusion:

The entire GW model range needs to be redone!

Great. Seriously, did anyone expect a different outcome?

Dr Death
22-04-2009, 14:59
For me, the most serious thing that needs redoing are the Lizardmen- the Slann was excellent, the Stegadon's great and the Skinks are servicable, but the Saurus are perhaps the most hideous models in the current range and have pretty much put me off lizardmen who previously i would count as one of my favourite armies. I also would like to throttle the person who thought that lizardskin crescent shields were a good idea (maybe not to death, just enough to get them to change their ways). If the Saurus got a redo then i could live with finding alternatives for the other models (Kroxigor, Salamanders, Chamealeon skinks etc) but i wouldnt cry to see them removed either.

Common Goblins need a redo to keep them in line with the night Goblins- regrettably that means a revamp of the doom diver too :( (maybe they can just change the crew and not the cool machine).

Skaven could do with a redo, but to be honest if you just swap their hands for say, human hands, they'd look nice :). No such luck with the rat ogres though- Hideous models.

Flaggellents dont need to be redone, they just need to bring back the old metal models which were fab. Same with the deamonettes.

Vampire Count Necromancers/black knights/batswarms need help (swarms are an interesting point- i'd love to see some jungle swams along the lines of the rat and scarab swarms).

Tomb King plastics obviously need a revamp in the wake of the new Skeleton dollies, but the rest of the range is fab.

There's a few 'golden oldies' that really need replacing- a lot of the ogre-sized monsters, chaos chariot, goblin chariot, Beastman chariot.

So yes, a fair list.

Dr Death

Enigmatik1
22-04-2009, 15:12
I'm gonna echo the sentiment on the Dragon Ogres...blech! I don't mind the Chaos Ogres too much, but the Dragon Ogres are trash and despite them being a decent unit I will not field them until they don't look like refuse.

I'm shocked no one has mentioned the TK Bone Giant. Worst. Model. Ever! Thank God the unit is lackluster or else there'd be another good unit I don't use because it looks like a heaping pile. There's an amusing thread about TK models over on Librarium and someone drew a rather stunning comparison between the Bone Giant head and Carmen Miranda. Do I really need to continue? ;)

esqulax
22-04-2009, 17:04
I really don't get people complaining about stuff like DE, WE or TK and then not mentioning either orc boar boyz or black knights. Those models are so horrible I don't think there is anything currently in wfb that even comes close.

Peregijn
22-04-2009, 17:57
i call dragon ogres to.
love the lore and abilities of these guyes but i will never ever use them because of how the look... same for the old ogres.
fortently the ogers from the oger kindom are awsom an easly converted to chaos ogres.

Deon
22-04-2009, 20:54
[QUOTE=Ultimate Life Form;3493846

Well, in my opinion, all core units that are not plastic need a replacement.
you are entirely right

I think Savage Orcs are metal as well? Donīt know about other races, but whatever core is metal, replace it![/QUOTE]
yes savage orcs are metal and yes they do need to be plastic

O&G'sRule
22-04-2009, 20:58
Rather amusing, given that Gorgers are among my favourites.
I don't see people problem with them either, I think theyre great

Duke Georgal
23-04-2009, 11:18
Going by looks alone. Obviously as a cheapskate I'd like most stuff to be plastic. Missing models also need filling, but that goes without saying!

Bretonnians:
mounted yeomen

What!?!

Those are some of the best models in the game! Not to mention that there are almost twenty different poses in a metal model! These are one of the few examples that would be worse in plastic.

badgeraddict
23-04-2009, 11:29
I agree with Duke Georgal, I recently got hold of a unit of these beauties! They only thing that lets them down is the horse model.

Woodsman
23-04-2009, 11:57
White lions...

badgeraddict
23-04-2009, 12:00
The Bat Swarms could do with a redo, they are more amusing that scary.

They are like a blob with wings!

frenchmanrtb
24-04-2009, 08:16
completely agree on the chaos ogres/ trolls and dragon ogres haha, they are woeful!

Krom The Eternal
26-04-2009, 02:59
CHAOS CHARIOTS!!!!! i cannot stress this enough....

orkz222
26-04-2009, 03:31
Skaven clanmonkeys.

see: chaos ogres, chaos dragon ogres.

Both of this too painful to look at.