PDA

View Full Version : Nobz questions

isaac
21-04-2009, 12:33
1.does anyone know all the english names for the german equipment?

2. What is the best way to equip a footslogging nob unit (6 nobz w/warboss)?

3. What does the fette spalta (big choppa?) do? I have heard it is a PW and/or it adds strength. I don't have a copy of the codex next to me right now.

Grimtuff
21-04-2009, 12:36
I don't know what the German names are.... :eyebrows:

Besides, it looks like your fishing for rules, buy the codex or borrow someone elses. We cannot give out rules here, it breaks forum rules.

Kyrios
21-04-2009, 12:51
Insteda you could head over to the english Gw homepage. There is an article about the new plastic nobs in the Ork section. Most namnes are given there.

Joewrightgm
21-04-2009, 13:02
The big choppa doesn't ignore armor saves, but increases the nob's strength. Can't give the exact bonus, because the Inquisition is the eye that sleepeth not . . .

isaac
21-04-2009, 13:11
I wasn't fishing for rules, I just couldn't remember what it was exactly.

Thanks, Joewrightgm

sigur
21-04-2009, 14:44
1.) Bosse - Nobz
Energieklaue - Power klaw
Bazzukka-Kombiwumme - rokkit launcha combishoota (I assume)
Gitbrenna- - scorcha-
synchronisierte - twin-linked
Panzarüstung - 'Eavy Armour
Trophä'nstangä - bosspole
Waaaghbanner - Waaaghbanna I guess
Munigrot - Ammo runt

2.) Exactly the same question has been asked twice in 40k general in the past two weeks. Of course it actually belongs in 40k tactics and this is also where this thread should be.

3.) has been dealt with

Edit
21-04-2009, 14:47
Since his were answered i'll throw another one out there.

can the painboy have 'eavy armor? aka does it matter what order i take the upgrades in?

sigur
21-04-2009, 14:51
This question belongs in the rules section.

If it would make any difference in what order you take the equipment, the whole thing would be MASSIVELY flawed. Anyhoo, as for rules (and some "raw" people might object because of some aspect of punctuation or something), the "being a painboy" thing is an upgrade just like 'eavy armour. As far as I know, nothing stops you from having a Painboy with 'eavy armour but Painboy with any sort of special weapon (combishoota or anything close combat) is a no-no. There might be flaws in my interpretation but meh. To me, it makes sense that way and I have yet found nobody who objects.

Edit
21-04-2009, 14:57
just curious as i am converting block orcs to Nobz and not sure if i can use the same body for him, i'll ask in rules

isaac
01-05-2009, 07:23
That is a modeling/painting question, not rules

popisdead
01-05-2009, 18:53
the best way to equip a footslogging nob squad is with a trukk. otherwise don't play them. put all heavy choppas and armour on them with a painboy. should work nearly anything?

Mojaco
01-05-2009, 19:03
This question belongs in the rules section.

If it would make any difference in what order you take the equipment, the whole thing would be MASSIVELY flawed. Anyhoo, as for rules (and some "raw" people might object because of some aspect of punctuation or something), the "being a painboy" thing is an upgrade just like 'eavy armour. As far as I know, nothing stops you from having a Painboy with 'eavy armour but Painboy with any sort of special weapon (combishoota or anything close combat) is a no-no. There might be flaws in my interpretation but meh. To me, it makes sense that way and I have yet found nobody who objects.

Oddly enough, the Flash gits can be used as evidence that the dok can't have heavy armour. Here, the dok specifically replaces 'eavy armour, among other things, and has no option of getting it back.

I'd say a painboy in a nob squad can have armour though. I was just pointing out a silly contradiction.