PDA

View Full Version : About Grimgor

Sasori_jap
21-04-2009, 16:26
Anyone else noticed that in the new OnG armybook they changed Grimgor a bit? He no longer has that amulet that gave him Magic Protection and they removed from his backround the headbutting contest he had with one of the Orc Gods.

Braad
21-04-2009, 20:51
Well, it's already some time since that happened... and it's not all. They also now allow him to leave his bodyguard, he became ItP, doesn't have to be the general anymore, doesn't get the extra +2 combat resolution, enemies no longer flee further from him...

DarkTerror
21-04-2009, 20:59
And the biggest of them... no longer stubborn

isidril93
21-04-2009, 21:04
oh god...next he'll be a goblin :)

DarkTerror
21-04-2009, 21:07

It would be sweet to have a goblin with 7 strength 7 attacks

isidril93
21-04-2009, 21:22
it would wouldnt it :)
if that happens then O&G could actually be *shivers* competetive
next thing you know well be calling the borken *gasp*

LKHERO
21-04-2009, 21:53
What does Grimgor do again? I know he does 7 S7 attacks, but what his statline?

selone
21-04-2009, 22:23
It's very good, not sure we're allowed to post statlines though :)

Lordy
21-04-2009, 22:29
M4 WS8 BS1 S5 T5 W3 I5 A7 LD9

Special Rules
Hates Everyone
Immune to Psychology
Always Strikes First +2 strenght axe
1+ Save and 5+ Wardsave

Not too bad for 375 points :)

kramplarv
21-04-2009, 22:31
He is a pretty lame character too. Just an ultra fighty orc. Nothing special. Not as cool as Morglum or Azhag. they have som character, than just being a Black Orc Warbozz XXL.

DarkTerror
21-04-2009, 23:04
He is a pretty lame character too. Just an ultra fighty orc. Nothing special. Not as cool as Morglum or Azhag. they have som character, than just being a Black Orc Warbozz XXL.

Being an orc warbozz XXL is the dream of every orc, including Morglum and Azhag. Bigger orc = better orc. No further info needed :p

O&G'sRule
21-04-2009, 23:37
Hes a great character, never mind hes rock hard, immune to psychology Black orcs with hatred are handy too. His rules changed, some for the better some for the worse, but his points went down alot as you can take him without the bodyguard

O&G'sRule
21-04-2009, 23:38
Being an orc warbozz XXL is the dream of every orc, including Morglum and Azhag. Bigger orc = better orc. No further info needed :p

exactly:).

LKHERO
21-04-2009, 23:59
M4 WS8 BS1 S5 T5 W3 I5 A7 LD9

Special Rules
Hates Everyone
Immune to Psychology
Always Strikes First +2 strenght axe
1+ Save and 5+ Wardsave

Not too bad for 375 points :)

That's pretty hardcore indeed.

I'd say he's worth the points, especially if you compare him to Tyrion.

Tryion has a 0+ armor save, 4+ ward, 4+ regen, MR2, 4 WS9 S7 flaming attacks, ASF w/ I10.

Too bad he's toughness ELF.. but with so much protection, I'd say that's not half bad. Not to mention he has a 20" charge.

O&G'sRule
22-04-2009, 00:20
Can't decide if thats sarcasm ("compare him to tyrion") , tyrion is rock hard and ridiculously hard to kill for his points, and immune to skulltaker too, grimgor is a different type of character, well worth his points, but usually loses to tyrion in my experience

selone
22-04-2009, 00:29
Grimgor hits very hard 7 S7 attacks, ASF, hatred, harder than tyrion, but tyrion is a lot more survivable. grimgor is a very good troop killer but tyrion would probably weather turn 1 with his 4+ armour save (after mod) 4+ regenerate and 4+ ward then kill grimgor.

O&G'sRule
22-04-2009, 01:01
Grimgor hits very hard 7 S7 attacks, ASF, hatred, harder than tyrion, but tyrion is a lot more survivable. grimgor is a very good troop killer but tyrion would probably weather turn 1 with his 4+ armour save (after mod) 4+ regenerate and 4+ ward then kill grimgor.

put a goblin hero next to grimgor in base contact with tyrion with tricksy trinket and amulet of protectyness, that usually swings it. eventually

LKHERO
22-04-2009, 01:40
put a goblin hero next to grimgor in base contact with tyrion with tricksy trinket and amulet of protectyness, that usually swings it. eventually

How? If he challenges?

selone
22-04-2009, 02:09
O&G's rule-
Then if both On'G heros are in base to base with each other neither model gets their ward save so thats a 4+ armour save and 4+ regenerate versus err nothing, unless you do one hell of a tricky positioning where your characters are not in base to base Even then its 4+ save and 4+ regenerate versus 5+ ward save.
That's assuming you've managed to get two characters (one with M4 move) into base to base contact with a M10 character whilst not being in base to base with themself.

Sasori_jap
22-04-2009, 08:17
Iam realy worried about what they are doing with the special characters...That part of OnG armybook was a BIG fail. First the change Grimgor removing some cool fluff about him. Then they add dead characters to the book and they dont even consider including Borgut the guy from SoC. I mean it was suck a cool model and nice character to include in your army why waste them? Seriously i dont understand them at all...

Braad
22-04-2009, 12:16

Haha! You made me laugh. That doesn't happen that often here :D

It would be sweet to have a goblin with 7 strength 7 attacks

Goblin Warboss, shaga's screamin' sword, and positioned near 3 characters...
+ Bigged's kickin' boots for 8 attacks, and the enchanted shield to keep him safe... There you have your lil' grimgor.

Arnizipal
22-04-2009, 12:40
Hes a great character, never mind hes rock hard, immune to psychology Black orcs with hatred are handy too. His rules changed, some for the better some for the worse, but his points went down alot as you can take him without the bodyguard
He has great rules, but his background is made up of hyperbole and cliché.
For more reasons, have a look at my post in this thread (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2383736#post2383736).

Being an orc warbozz XXL is the dream of every orc, including Morglum and Azhag. Bigger orc = better orc. No further info needed :pMorglum and Azhag are/were "orc warbozz XXL" in addition to having and interesting background story.

Iam realy worried about what they are doing with the special characters...That part of OnG armybook was a BIG fail. First the change Grimgor removing some cool fluff about him. Then they add dead characters to the book and they dont even consider including Borgut the guy from SoC. I mean it was suck a cool model and nice character to include in your army why waste them? Seriously i dont understand them at all...If the Orcs & Goblins armybook had had a later release, Borgut would have probably been a special champion unit upgrade like they did for Daemon, High Elves an Dark Elves.

I don't agree about the dead characters though. They were some of the most successful warlords the greenksins have ever had. They're great fro themed armies, campaigns and scenarios.

Sasori_jap
22-04-2009, 23:32
I still dont agree with the dead guys. A huge part that make Warhammer fun is its fluff. I always feel kinda weird when 2 players both use special characters and one of them is dead story wise (etc. Eltharion with Gorbad) Plus i think its a big waste to use beautiful models for dead guys that they are prob not going to be included in the next edition...

Seriously though GW has messed up the story of Warhammer alot lately. They need to clear alot of things up. Like where the hell did Grimgor's amulet go? And did Storm of Chaos actualy happened? Ive even bought a realy cool story book about the events of SoC from black library called Darkness Rising and in the new army books they pretend like it didnt happen at all or that it is about to happen. I mean come on!

Lordy
22-04-2009, 23:41
If anyone thinks Tyrion and Grimgor are hard to kill then try beating Malekith, rediculous.