PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elf Chariot

silveryfox
21-04-2009, 16:46
Hi!

I can't find any Dark Elves chariots anymore so I was wondering what alternatives I have.

Do the High Elf chariot work with the new Cold Ones?

Will there be a new chariot?

KidDiscordia
21-04-2009, 17:20
I believe that the current rumor is that a plastic one will be available soon. GW usually pulls a model just before they release a new one.

Erie Ed
21-04-2009, 17:51
I believe that the current rumor is that a plastic one will be available soon. GW usually pulls a model just before they release a new one.

Yep that's the word on the street that the chariots will be released in a few months.

EvC
21-04-2009, 17:53
And a fine guess it is too!

silveryfox
21-04-2009, 18:36
Nice! :D

How about using Dark Elf Cold Ones with HE chariot, does it work, or just look bad?

Aurellis
21-04-2009, 18:39
Yep that's the word on the street that the chariots will be released in a few months.

If that is the case then I'll be buying some... plastic chariots would revolutionise my army list choices.

I don't think new style Cold Ones would suit High Elf Chariots.

lakissov
21-04-2009, 21:25
In order to fit the new cold ones into a chariot, you'll have to cut off the saddle and greenstuff the back in the place where the saddle used to be.

Another idea, beside HE chariot, is to use the ribbed construction of the corpse cart, and fill the gaps between the ribs with dark elven shields - this would look heavier than the HE chariot (hence justifying the extra point of T and AS)

The 2 Black Dragons
21-04-2009, 22:10
I don't think new style Cold Ones would suit High Elf Chariots.

Actually it works fine, have a look here ;)

http://www.the2blackdragons.com/ebay_minis/d_elfen/DE_wagen/DE_wagen1_1.jpg

silveryfox
21-04-2009, 22:16
Actually it works fine, have a look here ;)

http://www.the2blackdragons.com/ebay_minis/d_elfen/DE_wagen/DE_wagen1_1.jpg

Looks good. Is it hard to remove the ropes connecting a crewmen to the lions/horses? Or is is a separate bit?

O&G'sRule
21-04-2009, 23:39
Gamezones DE chariot is lovely

Duke Georgal
22-04-2009, 00:05
I doubt a new plastic chariot will look as good as the current metal one.

I will buy two of them just to get the cold ones to pull my metal chariots.

There should be plenty of bonus bits as well.

Lycannus
22-04-2009, 00:12
I used the high elf chariot with the new cold ones as well, it does work pretty well.

silveryfox
30-04-2009, 22:42
I used the high elf chariot with the new cold ones as well, it does work pretty well.

I did so too, with some Warriors on, looks good imo.

stonehorse
30-04-2009, 23:04
The latest rumour was that the plastic Chariot will also contain parts to convert it into a Cauldron of Blood... I don't think it will come with the Witch Elves however.

I'm still converting my 2 metal chariots to have the new Cold Ones.

theunwantedbeing
30-04-2009, 23:05
Tomb king chariot works as well.
Make sure to use as much of the knights that come with the cold ones as crew though.
Seeing as the crew are knights, plus it looks extra cool.

Only worth bothering with tomb king chariots if your going to make more than one chariot though. If your making just the one then use the HE chariot.

badgeraddict
01-05-2009, 10:33
Meh, I'll stick with my existing chariots.

popisdead
01-05-2009, 19:04
The local manager said a new one is coming soon with sexxy new cold ones so it's not a re-stock item any longer in stores. He said this a while ago so maybe he was just countering why there are none in the store.

I think you should try to order one from the online store (call them up and offer to bake them cookies if they sell you one) as it's quite a nice model when painted well.

Daxio
01-05-2009, 19:33
I'm with you badgeraddict, I will be using the three I already have, old cold ones don't matter... its the bitey ones you have to watch out for!

badgeraddict
01-05-2009, 20:12
I'm with you badgeraddict, I will be using the three I already have, old cold ones don't matter... its the bitey ones you have to watch out for!

Good chap! Even with the battle cows it is a nice model!

knightime98
13-11-2010, 11:18
Does anyone have any more current information on this particular issue?

The last post for this noted as May of 2009?
It is November 2010 now... A year and half later and NOTHING?

Thoughts, rumors, or anything that is really juicy would be helpful.
I only have one well painted metal chariot and would like another...

vorthain
14-11-2010, 01:46
I replaced the current chariot Cold Ones with high elf lions. It looks pretty good. I explain it as being captured lions from Ulthuan or manticores with clipped wings.

Vaiuri
14-11-2010, 09:29
I used the plastic High Elf Chariot. You can replace the girly elf bits with dark elf spear tips for the scythed wheels and replace the 'fans' at the back of the chariot with the hooked weapon blades from the corsair set. Anything that looks a bit rounded can be easily clipped and changed for something nice and spikey from the dark elf plastics.

As someone else mentioned earlier, fitting cold ones is quite easy, just clip off the back of the saddle. I ended up just filing it down so it ended up looking like a piece of armour or cloth to protect the Cold Ones backs from where the chariot yoke goes.

I never got round to adding crew, but was playing with the idea of using corsairs or mail ordering the old hydra beastmaster crew. You're free to stick whatever you fancy on there, theres plenty of room :)

Steam_Giant
14-11-2010, 16:23
I found the High elf chariot works well with the right paint job. I added skulls and spiky bits and turned the front plate around which works well.

You will need to adjust the left cold ones tail though. Get it in boiling water and bend it in the other direction.

knightime98
15-11-2010, 04:26
So far, this is what I have gathered.

* No one has any information on perhaps a new DE Cold One Chariot release.
* No one knows why GW stopped production of the last DECO Chariot.
* Everyone - because of these 2 factors are converting.

All of this being said, I'm still fishing for any information to say otherwise.
I saw another company released a so-called Dark Elf Chariot but those models look
absolutely hideous. My opinion of course. I'd much prefer to just buy the most recent released Dark Elf Chariot in a box. I'm not one for converting so much. If push comes to shove, I'd be able to do it.. Which, now I'll have to consider..