PDA

View Full Version : Pikemen valid?

IcedCrow
21-04-2009, 19:47
I'm using empire for my campaign army and I used to use pikemen. Are those valid anymore?

Griefbringer
21-04-2009, 19:49
Yep, using the DoW list.

RossS
21-04-2009, 20:01
They are usable, but they are rather expensive (both in terms of models and in gameplay) and, in reality, somewhat disappointing. I would advise against them.

IcedCrow
21-04-2009, 20:04
did their rules change

sroblin
21-04-2009, 20:08
No, they're the same as in 6th edition.

They would be ok if they were 2-3 points cheaper, but for 10-11 points each they are not very impressive verses anything tough or with a high armor save. You get alot of attacks, (the striking first part IS pretty cool), but they're still only S3. Ironically, any normal unit of heavy cavalry isn't likely to lose more than one model against them.

Overpriced, but there are certain units that they work pretty well against.

Bloodknight
21-04-2009, 20:10
If at all. They do crap all vs 1+ knights in my experience, and are heavily overpriced. I play a block of 25 usually for its fluff value. DoW without pikemen are not DoW for me.

IcedCrow
21-04-2009, 20:31
Ah ok. Well I am a fluff gamer. Not really concerned with them being OP to include them in my list. If they are the same rules, then in my experience with using them since 99 or so, they win as much as they lose. Especially against cavalry (as they are S4) with a hero thrown in there they a bit better.

And they are a deterrent and great on a flank. Are the DOW rules on the gw site i couldn't find them.

Griefbringer
21-04-2009, 20:58
The new GW website is unfortunately a bit light on the actual content, so they might be difficult to find at the moment.

However, somebody posted all the DoW PDFs on this very forum section a week or two ago.

Bloodknight
21-04-2009, 21:01
They seem to have gone lost with the new structuring of the GW site and the closure of the GW OZ site.
Would be nice if somebody could post them up, unluckily, I only have the German version.