PDA

View Full Version : Terminator Model Size

sic
22-04-2009, 03:07
Question how do the new SM Terminators compare in size to the old ones? Obviously they are on 40mm bases now but i was wondering are they bigger than the previous metal termis?

Im thinking about expanding my terminator squads and have old metal termis and i dont want them to look small next to the new ones. SO anyone have both sets of models? How do they stack up?

sydbridges
22-04-2009, 03:10
Older ones are smaller than newer ones. My space wolf terminator with a cyclone missile launcher is, including the height of the missile launcher, about the same height as an AoBR terminator - the ones without something on top of them to boost the model size are about five millimeters shorter, I'd guess?

sic
22-04-2009, 03:17
Ouch thats a lot smaller! I dont think thats going to work too well at all, so i guess i hunt down some old termis or spend a truckload of money on all new ones.

I know what the smart option is....

EVIL INC
22-04-2009, 03:25
Well, if you play chaos and dont mind spending $90.00 you can get a great deal on 15 or so of the new ones.

Raibaru
22-04-2009, 03:39
Where is that deal at?

sic
22-04-2009, 04:16
Ok then follow up question has anyone put the old metal termis on 40mm bases and if so do they look ok?

Im thinking i might just hunt down old metal termis to match my existing ones and might mount them on 40mm scenic bases to make them look a bit bigger and come more into line with the new range.

[SD] Bob Plisskin
22-04-2009, 07:34
if you put the small base onto a large base that should raise them to the same height

Duce
22-04-2009, 10:09
Ok then follow up question has anyone put the old metal termis on 40mm bases and if so do they look ok?

Im thinking i might just hunt down old metal termis to match my existing ones and might mount them on 40mm scenic bases to make them look a bit bigger and come more into line with the new range.

I've put the old metal assault cannon termie on the bigger base along with a squad of palstic 2nd edition space hulk ones, their barely smaller in my opinion and look fine, unless people really look the difference isnt noticable i say.

Bob Hunk
22-04-2009, 10:47

Short answer: Yes they do! :)

Long answer: Check the Deathwing link in my sig for really old metal Termies on 40mm bases (ignore the first two pictures). ;)

sic
22-04-2009, 11:22
Long answer: Check the Deathwing link in my sig for really old metal Termies on 40mm bases.

Ah thankyou Bobhunk thats just what i needed, i have the exact same Terminators (RT era) and really didnt want to get rid of them. SO i guess 40mm bases might be the go, oh ive got that Dred and the Captain too but ive got some pretty serious Grey Knight envy there.

Cool_Mint
22-04-2009, 17:35
The new ones are bigger but not that much bigger, it's just that they have a much wider stance - legs apart and arms raised.

You can make the old metal ones look bigger by repostioning the arms and bulking up the gap with greenstuff or epoxy putty.

LonelyPath
22-04-2009, 20:44
I use older and newer minis mixed up in general, the termies are not that much bigger, but it can sometimes be noticable. What I do then is build up the bases of the older minis so they stand around the same height as the newer ones, it's easy to do and not cheating where LoS is concerned since they're matching the height of the current range. The newer ones are slightly taller, heh.

The biggest height difference I found is between the original and newer GK termies.

puppetmaster24
22-04-2009, 20:49
Acording to GW the new termies are thae same size as the old ones but are posed more dynamicly (i don't belive them).