PDA

View Full Version : 40k Gamers in Oklahoma (United States)?

Sttucker13
22-04-2009, 20:09
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this sort of post but I'm attempting to drum up some opponents in my vicinity. I only know of one LGS in the state that plays 40k, so I'm resorting to forum dredging. :)

If any of you lot are based in Oklahoma or southern Kansas I'd appreciate a shout. It'd be nice to know where you play, and if your local group is looking for any fresh blood. I have about 4000 points of Necrons and a slightly larger marine chapter (I field using BA codex most times).

Obliterati
22-04-2009, 20:37
Sorry to tell you this buddy, but you are in the absolute dead zone in terms of 40k games.

If you ever make it up to Wichita, Agents Comics has games every Saturday (or Sunday, or sometimes both)...usually a decent crowd, 15-20 players on average. We're always on the hunt for new blood!

Other than that...uhh...well...ummm...

Here's a link to the LGS in Wichita: http://www.agentscomics.com/

Sttucker13
22-04-2009, 21:07
Haha, well I am in Northern OK on the Kansas border, but Wichita is still about a two hour drive so I'm not sure how often I'll be headed that direction. :)

kendaop
22-04-2009, 21:32
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this sort of post but I'm attempting to drum up some opponents in my vicinity. I only know of one LGS in the state that plays 40k, so I'm resorting to forum dredging. :)

If any of you lot are based in Oklahoma or southern Kansas I'd appreciate a shout. It'd be nice to know where you play, and if your local group is looking for any fresh blood. I have about 4000 points of Necrons and a slightly larger marine chapter (I field using BA codex most times).

I'm from Stilly! Are you up in Ponca City? Yeah, the Bible Belt sucks for 40k.

Edit: My friends and I mostly just play each other and go to the monthly tournies. Let me know if you want to get together and play a game sometime. I'm not opposed to driving an hour or so for an evening of 40k.

MarshalFaust
22-04-2009, 21:50
^
|
|
kendal is that you?

yeah im in stillwater too, there are a few of us that play around here. if your ever in the mood for a game of 40k or fantasy and are in the area send me a PM and ill give you my contact info.

i also wouldnt be opposed to driving a little ways for a game or two.

kendaop
22-04-2009, 21:56
^
|
|
do i know you?

yeah im in stillwater too, there are a few of us that play around here. if your ever in the mood for a game of 40k or fantasy and are in the area send me a PM and ill give you my contact info.

No, not at all. ;)

Okay, you caught me.

Sttucker13
22-04-2009, 22:55
I'm in Bartlesville actually, which puts yall a little over an hours drive away -- which isn't too bad really. I'm a pokes fan, so I'm actually down that way quite a bit.

kendaop
22-04-2009, 23:02
I'm in Bartlesville actually, which puts yall a little over an hours drive away -- which isn't too bad really. I'm a pokes fan, so I'm actually down that way quite a bit.

I like you already! I'm pumped up for football season. Anyways, I wouldn't mind making a little road trip up there over the summer, either.

Wooly
23-04-2009, 00:38
I think there are two shops in Tulsa that host regular events. At least Top Deck Games near 31st and Sheridan does regular 40k games on Wednesday nights. They may even do some on the weekends as well. I think Wizards Asylum out South near Woodland Hills mall may do gaming events as well, but not that sure.

I don't get to go all that often due to wife and kids. I usually battle with a couple of friends on very rare occasions when our schedules allow. We all played back in Rogue Trader and 2nd edition days and now we just have fun little battles while we drink.

Mosedeke
23-04-2009, 02:03
I'm going to be situated in lovely Ft. Sill over the summer, and since I apparently get a weekend pass off base the last couple weeks of AIT (according to some people) I see I need to brush up on my Oklahoma geography and find out where you people are.

kendaop
23-04-2009, 02:14
I think there are two shops in Tulsa that host regular events. At least Top Deck Games near 31st and Sheridan does regular 40k games on Wednesday nights. They may even do some on the weekends as well. I think Wizards Asylum out South near Woodland Hills mall may do gaming events as well, but not that sure.

I know there are a couple thriving stores there, but I try to go to the OKC area instead of Tulsa whenever possible. I can never get around Tulsa without getting lost. The streets are too confusing. :confused: But now that the place in Edmond is closed, I might see about checking out Tulsa.

kendaop
23-04-2009, 02:16
I'm going to be situated in lovely Ft. Sill over the summer, and since I apparently get a weekend pass off base the last couple weeks of AIT (according to some people) I see I need to brush up on my Oklahoma geography and find out where you people are.

Ft. Sill is out by Lawton, correct? OKC is probably about an hour NE of Ft. Sill, and Stillwater is an hour N of OKC. I doubt you'll make it all the way up here. :(

Sttucker13
23-04-2009, 04:08
I know there are a couple thriving stores there, but I try to go to the OKC area instead of Tulsa whenever possible. I can never get around Tulsa without getting lost. The streets are too confusing. :confused: But now that the place in Edmond is closed, I might see about checking out Tulsa.

Easiest way to get wherever you're going in tulsa is remember that streets are numbered highest to lowest from north to south, and from east to west the major streets are Garnet, Mingo, Memorial, Sheridan, Yale, Harvard, Lewis, Peoria (a memory trick I learned early in life: Grandma Moses, My Sister's Yellow Hair Looks Pretty.. retarded, I know, but its stuck with me.) Basically get one of the above roads or one of the numbered streets and you can hone in on anything.

Top Deck Games is a pretty neat little store, but unfortunately I don't know anyone there and I'm not a big fan of driving an hour with 4000 points worth of armies simply to not find a game.

kendaop
23-04-2009, 14:08
Top Deck Games is a pretty neat little store, but unfortunately I don't know anyone there and I'm not a big fan of driving an hour with 4000 points worth of armies simply to not find a game.

QFT. I hate that about this hobby. I've driven a couple hours to a tournament that ended up not happening. I was kinda annoyed.

Wooly
23-04-2009, 16:29
Top Deck has a website with a 40k Forum. There is not always a lot of traffic on it but it is a way to line up a game ahead of time.

http://www.topdeck.us/dnn/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx

kendaop
23-04-2009, 18:59
Top Deck has a website with a 40k Forum. There is not always a lot of traffic on it but it is a way to line up a game ahead of time.

http://www.topdeck.us/dnn/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx

Thanks! That might come in handy, this summer.

Corporal Punishment
23-04-2009, 20:53
I'm originally from Oklahoma and oh boy, I think it is the worst place in the world for 40k gaming. You guys are probably in better shape than I was since I was playing back in 1992-93 and we only had one store in Norman that even sold GW stuff. At least mail order is good these days!

Sttucker13
01-05-2009, 16:05
Is battlefields in okc closed? I'm sitting out front and its empty, so I'm assuming they either moved or shut down. Their webpage says nothing about it and I can't find any other listings for it

Sttucker13
02-05-2009, 05:05
I learned that Battlefields is indeed closed as of January. Made it to Games Headquarters in OKC today though. The shop is F'IN HUGE. They have TWO, count them, TWO separate rooms specifically for gaming, not including a rather massive third room which houses shelf after shelf of miniatures, books, and all things geekdom. If I lived in OKC proper I would be a weekly leech. It was nice to see a wargaming store with actual shelves full of 40k product, including a nice stack of Valks. :) Made off with a Land Speeder and some new Assault Termies to feed my addiction, though I damn near bought another few thousand points worth of Orks. Luckily sanity throttled me back from the brink. Manager was rather helpful and in my short duration there I stumbled into a couple other 40k players (sadly, they play guard so I'm not sure they count :-P ). And at 11am on a Friday there were already games going on (granted, they were FoW, but I wont hold that against them). All in all, I give it a thumbs up. You Stilly boys may want to check it out on your next trip to the City.

Warlord Wang
13-05-2009, 01:00
I live in Ponca City and there is about 8 of us that play here at our local store, Hall of Heroes.

kendaop
13-05-2009, 02:27
I learned that Battlefields is indeed closed as of January. Made it to Games Headquarters in OKC today though. The shop is F'IN HUGE. They have TWO, count them, TWO separate rooms specifically for gaming, not including a rather massive third room which houses shelf after shelf of miniatures, books, and all things geekdom. If I lived in OKC proper I would be a weekly leech. It was nice to see a wargaming store with actual shelves full of 40k product, including a nice stack of Valks. :) Made off with a Land Speeder and some new Assault Termies to feed my addiction, though I damn near bought another few thousand points worth of Orks. Luckily sanity throttled me back from the brink. Manager was rather helpful and in my short duration there I stumbled into a couple other 40k players (sadly, they play guard so I'm not sure they count :-P ). And at 11am on a Friday there were already games going on (granted, they were FoW, but I wont hold that against them). All in all, I give it a thumbs up. You Stilly boys may want to check it out on your next trip to the City.

Now that school's out, I'm definitely going to check them out over the summer. Do they have a website with info on tournaments and other events?

I live in Ponca City and there is about 8 of us that play here at our local store, Hall of Heroes.

That's less than an hour away; when do they have tournaments? Do they have a website? Also, off topic, is there a nice place to eat in Ponca? You know...a place I might want to take my girl on a date to, as a way of thanking her for putting up with my nerdom?

Also, anyone in the Ponca City to OKC area, Knight Arms in Stillwater has tournaments on the first Saturday, every month. No website though :(

And welcome to Warseer!

kendaop
13-05-2009, 02:35
Okay, check out my new sig, guys!

Warlord Wang
15-05-2009, 01:24
Hall of Heroes does not have a website but do have a myspace under Hall of Heroes. Dave Guinn is the owner of the store. There are no tournaments scheduled yet but we are going to start a league on the 30th of this month. We are also trying to have him host a 'ard boyz tournament if they have one this year (hoping, hoping!).

On the other subject of places to eat, there is a good steakhouse called the Rusty Barrel (kind of pricey but very good) and a mexican resturaunt called Enriquez that everyone likes, other food places you could check out also depending on tast.

Come on up and play some games it would great to play other people. The store is open Tuesdays throu Saterdays 12pm to 7pm