PDA

View Full Version : black templar sprues

LemanRuss
22-04-2009, 20:57
is it just me or can you only get black templars by buying a normal space marine squad and then the black templar upgrade sprue.

isn't there a box that contains the upgrade sprue as well as a marine sprue with legs etc. like the space wolves have.

if not thn thats thievery, 30 ******* euro's for a few bits and some rhino doors

anyhow, just wondering

isidril93
22-04-2009, 21:28
im not sure...iirc on the old websites there would be boxes called 'Black Templars crusader' which would have some of the sprue...im not sure

Gutlord Grom
22-04-2009, 21:34
The Templar upgrade box comes with enough stuff for a few squads of space Marines if you spread it evenly. Its meant to be integrated into the current Space Marine plastic line, since almost every Space Marine army uses the same models.

The Space Wolves, as well as the old Dark Angels Tactical Squad are left overs from Third Edition, and their specialized boxes were just to make them different from the rest of the 3rd edition Marines.

pookie
23-04-2009, 13:38
well worth it imo!

the upgrade sprues you get mean you can turn a number of sqds into marines with a BT flavour, and have plenty of spares left over.

LemanRuss
23-04-2009, 19:59
how many sprues are in there then?
how many tabards for example?

Gutlord Grom
23-04-2009, 20:03
There might be a list on Battlewagon Bits or whatever sells bits currently.

Laser guided fanatic
23-04-2009, 20:12
There used to be a crusader box which was Ł18 for a tactical squad + BT upgrade sprue, however, that has been dropped.

IIRC The upgrade sprue contains three distinct tabards and 2 distinct chest peices. Plus all the other stuf ofc.

Darnok
23-04-2009, 20:22
how many sprues are in there then?
how many tabards for example?

The GW online store has a detailed picture of the painted parts you get. Just look for it yourself. However, I would buy it from another online store with a good discount.

Xelloss
23-04-2009, 20:56
I recommand you to buy blood claws for your BT, and buy tabards by ebay (or make them with some epoxy)

LonelyPath
23-04-2009, 21:01
There was a splash release Crusader Box for Ł20 when the codex was released which was later replaced with theupdate kit. From what I would imagine it contains 2 frames for infantry and 1 frame to modify a rhino to BT. I've never bought a box, but those were the contents when the kit was released. You get loads of bits on the infantry frames though, each frame enough to really customize at least 1 crusader squad.

Templar Ben
23-04-2009, 21:12
From a business point of view the upgrade makes a lot more sense then cutting an entire unit.

The upgrade is a good buy as you get chests, weapons, shoulder pads, heads, etc, so you can really stretch them out.

Raibaru
23-04-2009, 21:32
I think what you get is 1 marine sprue and 1 vehicle sprue with the black templar upgrade kit. The Dark Angels I was told comes with 2 marine sprues.

I don't have either, but this is what I was told when I asked about the Dark Angel sprue a week ago or so here.

Templar Ben
23-04-2009, 21:42
I can crack open a box but unless they have changed in the last couple of years you get 1 vehicle sprue and 1 crusade sprue which is folded in half.

It is Rhino Doors, LR Doors and Ramp, Dread Box Cover, and some bits.

10 SM Pads
5 Termi Pads
Power Fist
Power Axe
Power Sword
4 Bolters with both arm sets
3 sets of pistols and chainswords
6 heads
2 chests
3 chests with tabbards
BT flavor special weapons (flamer, melta, plasma, with bling)
1 backpack

Lots of bits with crosses, skulls, and parchment.

pookie
24-04-2009, 14:31
I can crack open a box but unless they have changed in the last couple of years you get 1 vehicle sprue and 1 crusade sprue which is folded in half.

10 SM Pads
5 Termi Pads
Power Fist
Power Axe
Power Sword
6 heads
2 chests
3 chests with tabbards
1 backpack

a upgrade box comes with x2 Infantry upgrade sprues and x1 Vehicle sprue.

captainramoz
12-05-2009, 00:43

10 SM Pads
5 Termi Pads
Power Fist
Power Axe
Power Sword
6 heads
2 chests
3 chests with tabbards
1 backpack

X2 and don't forget da vehicle parts and tabard
Here is a link of a single one in my opinion it may not be the best deal ever but it's a super decent sprue for bitz
link here
(http://www.weetoysoldiers.com/reviews/2005-11_btbf/2005-11-15_bt-crusader-sprue-front_1400x.jpg)

Templar Ben
12-05-2009, 00:46
I was going by memory though. ;)

Man I put too many of those together.

TheDarkDuke
12-05-2009, 02:33
Not anymore. BT were released the old way GW use to do regarding "splash" release style boxes. When they first came out they had:

BT Battleforce.
BT Marine Box.
BT Rhino Box.

Plus the current available boxes. So you are correct the only way in making a marine is to buy the marines + the BT sprue. May I suggest you visit the War Store. I haven't looked in a bit but they often have 10 Marines (basic heads/torsos/legs/bolters) for a large discount. My brother did this as between my SM and BT bits he had more then enough to make his Salamanders with special weapons and such, and saved probably $60.

NealSmith
12-05-2009, 13:43
My son's doing BTs and doing 15 man Crusader squads (10 Initiates, 5 Neophytes). There just aren't quite enough chainsword/pistol arms in a Tactical Squad + BT Upgrade box to do this, so we've been raiding my bits.

I almost wish they'd break this box up into an "infantry" upgrade box and a vehicle/command/termie box. My son wants to do assault marines and buying a whole new upgrade box is just not worth it. We'll probably try ebaying the bits for this one.

I do plan on using some of the BT bits with my guys... :)

pookie
12-05-2009, 15:09
X2 and don't forget da vehicle parts and tabard
Here is a link of a single one in my opinion it may not be the best deal ever but it's a super decent sprue for bitz
link here
(http://www.weetoysoldiers.com/reviews/2005-11_btbf/2005-11-15_bt-crusader-sprue-front_1400x.jpg)

which was noted by me over two weeks ago :rolleyes:

My son's doing BTs and doing 15 man Crusader squads (10 Initiates, 5 Neophytes). There just aren't quite enough chainsword/pistol arms in a Tactical Squad + BT Upgrade box to do this, so we've been raiding my bits.

I almost wish they'd break this box up into an "infantry" upgrade box and a vehicle/command/termie box. My son wants to do assault marines and buying a whole new upgrade box is just not worth it. We'll probably try ebaying the bits for this one.

I do plan on using some of the BT bits with my guys... :)

? there is,
A tac sqd will give you two sets, the BT will give you 6 sets - makes 8 - plus a Power wep/fist/heavy wep and assault wep gives you 10.

If your wanting like me, 10 man Initiate sqds with tabards/Knight style helms, and BT CCWps, then your looking at a quite a few upgrade boxes depending on how many Initiate sqds your using ( id recommened at least 3 10 man ones)

Hood
12-05-2009, 15:47
The Vehicle sprue has

2xrhino side doors
2xCrusader side doors
1xRhino front
1xCrusader upper part of assault ramp
1xFace-plate of a dreadnaught
1xThin tall tabard
1xCross with a hunging lanter (decorations for vehicles I guess)

The thing is that inside there are around 20 shoulderpads which means that they should at least put 8 pairs of swords/pistols and not 6. They do have 8 pairs of bolters I don't see why they shouldn't include 2 more pairs of swords... And don't tell me that the 10-man tactical marine box has 2 pairs of sword/pistol inside... I know! I just like the themed ones better! :D

pookie
12-05-2009, 16:30
The Vehicle sprue has

2xrhino side doors
2xCrusader side doors
1xRhino front
1xCrusader upper part of assault ramp
1xFace-plate of a dreadnaught
1xThin tall tabard
1xCross with a hunging lanter (decorations for vehicles I guess)

The thing is that inside there are around 20 shoulderpads which means that they should at least put 8 pairs of swords/pistols and not 6. They do have 8 pairs of bolters I don't see why they shouldn't include 2 more pairs of swords... And don't tell me that the 10-man tactical marine box has 2 pairs of sword/pistol inside... I know! I just like the themed ones better! :D

that aint a complaint that there is too many bitz on there is it? ;)

tho as you can see from my above post, i agree about the CC Wps ( at least it would have saved me time/money if there had been more).

NealSmith
12-05-2009, 16:36
? there is,
A tac sqd will give you two sets, the BT will give you 6 sets - makes 8 - plus a Power wep/fist/heavy wep and assault wep gives you 10.

He isn't doing the heavy weapon guy, just the powerfist. That's why there aren't quite enough. I probably should have made that more clear, but it would be even worse if he didn't take the PF guy either! :)

He doesn't want any "regular" torsos mixed in. He likes just the BT versions, so these kits don't go as far with us either. I was able to convince him that the regular helmets were OK... :)

pookie
12-05-2009, 16:42
He isn't doing the heavy weapon guy, just the powerfist. That's why there aren't quite enough. I probably should have made that more clear, but it would be even worse if he didn't take the PF guy either! :)

He doesn't want any "regular" torsos mixed in. He likes just the BT versions, so these kits don't go as far with us either. I was able to convince him that the regular helmets were OK... :)

Lol, kids eh!

heres a tip for a cheap Knight 'style' helm.

get the normal MKVII head ( so not the beakie ) and cut/shave away the two raised bits that run along the chin ( normaly one on either side of the head, although one of the heads has two raised bits), it gives the helm a slightly more 'knight' look to it.

Hood
12-05-2009, 17:26
that aint a complaint that there is too many bitz on there is it? ;)

tho as you can see from my above post, i agree about the CC Wps ( at least it would have saved me time/money if there had been more).

If you consider that a so called chapter upgrade box should upgrades only 10 marines (and 5 termies) enough, well then ok, there are plenty of bits! :p

I don't think so personally. But that bothers me not as much as the 6 pairs of chainswords/pistols.... WHY 6?!?! 8 damn it! EIGHT! :skull:

Edit: Oh, and 8 torsos are not enough for 10 (not to mention termies)... Either we are upgrading them or we are doing half-arshed jobs...

They could make it more balanced in what to include or they could even produce a bigger version with more bits in it! *drool*

NovaScotius
12-05-2009, 17:40

Buy Blood Claws boxed sets instead of Tactical Squads - they come with More BP & CCW sets than you can shake a stick at, 2 x Power Weapon, a Power Fist and a Melta Gun - Just grab a file and get rid of those blasphemous Space Wolf symbols and you're well away!

Templar Ben
12-05-2009, 20:10
Buy Blood Claws boxed sets instead of Tactical Squads - they come with More BP & CCW sets than you can shake a stick at, 2 x Power Weapon, a Power Fist and a Melta Gun - Just grab a file and get rid of those blasphemous Space Wolf symbols and you're well away!

That is what I did. Well I traded a lot of the heads and wolf pelts and general SW crap to guys that wanted those but that is the best way to get CC sets.

captainramoz
13-05-2009, 15:03
IŽm thinking in starting a bt force with the AoBR and a battleforce plus the sprue. Here is where u get a great deal.
Taking the assault marines jump packs out youŽll get a five men strong CCW templars.
Then the tactical sergeqant also comes with a CCW right well then when I have the recount IŽll have got:12x bolter and CCW sets(enough for a ten man squad and a four man squad with bolter and chainsword(the ten man squad will have the heavy and special weapon and so the 4 man squad making it a six man squad)
That gives me 2 decent sized squad and then IŽll had three and two neophites to them respectibly.
And
IŽll have still marines left maibe iŽll use the DA sprue to make them 6 normal Sword bhreten.
And
IŽll have the AoBR content left.
Plus with the vehycle bits, the rhyno and some plasticard i could muster a second one.
See you just have to be creative to muster a great force with that sprue:D

pookie
13-05-2009, 15:08
If you consider that a so called chapter upgrade box should upgrades only 10 marines (and 5 termies) enough, well then ok, there are plenty of bits! :p

I don't think so personally. But that bothers me not as much as the 6 pairs of chainswords/pistols.... WHY 6?!?! 8 damn it! EIGHT! :skull:

Edit: Oh, and 8 torsos are not enough for 10 (not to mention termies)... Either we are upgrading them or we are doing half-arshed jobs...

They could make it more balanced in what to include or they could even produce a bigger version with more bits in it! *drool*

well we could all wish eh :D it would have made my life soooo much easier thats for certain! ( see my prev comment on what my sqds are made of)

captainramoz
13-05-2009, 15:26
well we could all wish eh :D it would have made my life soooo much easier thats for certain! ( see my prev comment on what my sqds are made of)
Pookie I now you once said that my post are confusing but please check my last one I think you could muster a 1000 points very customized force with a single sprue if u do what i have said.
Also is it true that the devs sprue comes with eight legs. Cause if its with the torsos and extra heads you could muster at least three more marine besides the original five in the box:D
O and blood claws are a great solution too

pookie
13-05-2009, 15:52
Pookie I now you once said that my post are confusing but please check mine last one I think you could muster a 1000 points very customized force with a single sprue if u do what i have said.
Also is it true that the devs sprue comes with eight legs. Cause if its with the torsos and extra heads you could muster at least three more marine besides the original five in the box:D
O and blood claws are a great solution too

its ok, im kind of getting used to your posts :D

i could the way you describe your force but....

all my BT have a Tabard and Knight style Helm, plus BT CC Wps, so i have no alternative but to use the BT Upgrade sprues.

and as for the Dev sqd - it comes with 6 pairs of legs ( 5 standing mark VII and one Kneeling MKVI )

captainramoz
13-05-2009, 15:54
its ok, im kind of getting used to your posts :D

i could the way you describe your force but....

all my BT have a Tabard and Knight style Helm, plus BT CC Wps, so i have no alternative but to use the BT Upgrade sprues.

and as for the Dev sqd - it comes with 6 pairs of legs ( 5 standing mark VII and one Kneeling MKVI )

Thanks for the tip :D

Templar Ben
13-05-2009, 16:48
You can cut the vents off of the sides of Terminator heads and they will look like GK heads. I found that worked well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/USABOB/40K/GKTHelmetTutorial.jpg

pookie
13-05-2009, 16:56
You can cut the vents off of the sides of Terminator heads and they will look like GK heads. I found that worked well.

i would just like to say i love you :D - there the only heads ive not been able to sort for my BT force! tho, now lets see if i can actually do it.

Hood
13-05-2009, 17:30

:eek: Amazing! I can't wait till I try it on my own! Thanksie for the tip!:D

Templar Ben
13-05-2009, 17:52
The fact that on rare occasion I post something useful is the only reason I have not been banned yet.