PDA

View Full Version : "Gifted" Grey knights

ghost23
23-04-2009, 13:10
Hi guys
Bit of an unusual request i guess but i have just received a gift of 2 boxes of grey knights plus a brother captain off a bud who has quit 40k(he only really just started but got bored quickly) anyway i have no interest in doing a grey knights army as i do chaos :) well nurgle to be exact, anyway they are nice models though and i am looking for a way to include them in my nurgle army, i am not very good at converting so i will leave them as is however i am having trouble figuring out which entry would suit them best, currently i am leaning towards using them as chosen, armed with power weapons with normal bolters, only trouble is that grey knights are armed with storm bolters right, you guys think anyone would complain about it if i said that they were just normal bolters instead and played them as such?

As for paint scheme i was think of painting them boltmetal then using the mudwash to make them looking kinda rusty.

Anyway opinions greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Inquisitor Engel
23-04-2009, 13:18
eBay.

That or see if someone will trade you for plague marines.

Bunnahabhain
23-04-2009, 13:18
Trust me, if you're using unconverted Grey knights in a Nurgle army, their storm bolters instead of bolters will be the least of the WTF??!! responses you get from your opponents...

JCOLL
23-04-2009, 13:41
Agreed. Ebay them or throw them up on the trade forum. They are nice models but are about the furthest away thing you should be adding into a Nurgle themed Chaos army. Unless you use lots and LOTS of green stuff and really go to town on them. ie: Filling in all the text on their armour, filing off symbols, sculpting pustles and all sorts of gribblies. Really wouldn't be that bad, but if you can't do it you can't do it.

DarthSte
23-04-2009, 13:45
Possessed - but mainly as they'll stand out very badly...

Brucopeloso
23-04-2009, 13:53
Mate, as a couple of other people said put them on e-bay!
Grey knights sell really well, especially if you sell the squad and the captain separately.
Unless you are really good at converting they will stick out like a sore thumb in a Nurgle army and it's a shame to waste the great reselling potential.

sigur
23-04-2009, 13:55
I agree with the replies in here. Having Grey Knights in a Nurgle army is the "wrongest" thing that can happen and people will give you evil stares. ;)

genestealer_baldric
23-04-2009, 14:00
Evil stares? he will be chased out of the store and down the street ;)

but yeah it not a great idea unless you have alot of converting time it would just be easier and look better to convert normal terminators.

Captain Micha
23-04-2009, 14:07
Just paint em up as GKs and place them in a spot of honor on your shelf as "Awesome minis".

That's what I did with my Tyranid minis, and Space Marines.

Bunnahabhain
23-04-2009, 14:16
I agree with the replies in here. Having Grey Knights in a Nurgle army is the "wrongest" thing that can happen and people will give you evil stares. ;)

I disagree.

If you converted them to be FEMALE Grey knights in a chaos army, then it would be just that bit more wrong....

Captain Micha
23-04-2009, 14:20
I disagree.

If you converted them to be FEMALE Grey knights in a chaos army, then it would be just that bit more wrong....

No no no..

if they were Furry, Female Grey Knights in a Chaos army -that- would be the most wrong.

Frontier
23-04-2009, 14:44
Hell. I might take them.

laudarkul
23-04-2009, 17:26
Do not do that plssss:)...I mean it will be weird in a hard way...
But if you still intend to go further with this daemonic/tzeentch plan:D just take a cutter and cut the SB and then use a fine nile file to give a proper look to the hand. Then attach a bolter using some green stuff to fit it right.
Then it will be fine if you have some Plague Marines heads to replace the GK heads.

ghost23
23-04-2009, 17:27
Why does everyone assume i am going to refer to them as fallen grey knights, i have not even mentioned the words "Chaos Grey Knights" geez i am only talking about using the models and models only, no rules, no work arounds to make them fallen GK etc etc.

Captain Micha
23-04-2009, 17:29
I think your thread title confused everyone. Gifted after all is a term used when a unit has the mark of the chaos gods.

I'd still paint em up as GKs, to use as proxies, or to be put in a glorious place on a shelf somewhere.

Arbedark
23-04-2009, 17:31
Why does everyone assume i am going to refer to them as fallen grey knights, i have not even mentioned the words "Chaos Grey Knights" geez i am only talking about using the models and models only, no rules, no work arounds to make them fallen GK etc etc.

Because the MODELS look VERY out of place in a Chaos army.

Akin to using Grots as Genestealers

Tae
23-04-2009, 18:09

Because that's the first question everyone is going to ask you whenever they see the army - "why are you using Grey Knights in a Chaos army?"

Inquisitor Engel
23-04-2009, 18:43
I shall say it again - eBay them or put them on the trade forum (Warseer's is FANTASTIC) for some Death Guard!

starlight
23-04-2009, 18:51
Send them to me.:D I don't have quite a full FOC...;)

Oh, and I'll send you some money...or something...maybe...;)

If you aren't going to do a good job of the conversions, you might as well sell them and get something you'll like (thus paint and use:)).

sabreu
23-04-2009, 19:06
Hmmmm when I dabbled in a small chaos combat patrol I chose a grey knight model to lead it. I think I almost got dreadsocked a few times...

Captain Micha
23-04-2009, 19:43
dreadsocked... is that like putting a bar of soap inside of a sock and slinging the sock and beating them with the sock... but instead of soap you use a dreadnought?

Bunnahabhain
23-04-2009, 19:46
dreadsocked... is that like putting a bar of soap inside of a sock and slinging the sock and beating them with the sock... but instead of soap you use a dreadnought?

Precisely, but using one of the old Metal Marine dreadnaughts for the job. They're about 1 Lb/ 500g, IIRC.

Captain Micha
23-04-2009, 19:49
Wow... I'd almost rather be hit by the soap.

sabreu
23-04-2009, 19:50
Yeah...who ever said nerds were harmless doesn't know how resourceful we can be at times. Nerd rage ftw!

petesamd
23-04-2009, 22:16
well, would it work if you said they had took the Armour from the dead GKs they killed? they could be elevated to chosen because they killed such strong enemy's.

monopeludo
23-04-2009, 22:19
Akin to using Grots as Genestealers
That's exactly what I think.
Anyway.
If you convert them they'll make great chosen. But converting GK is not easy. Especially removing the storm bolter is painfull.
Not even filling the GK simbols is just too much.

Ozybonza
23-04-2009, 22:25
You know you could probably turn grey knights into word bearers, what with all their books and all.....

Mannimarco
23-04-2009, 22:26
its not worth the hassle, theres easier ways to make chosen than this, if you try and fail you'll be "the guy with chaos grey knights" no matter how much you claim theyre not fallen thats the way you'll be remembered

i know, for a while i was the guy with space marines scouts in a cadian army "no theyre vetrans" id say, nope scouts in a guard army

Templar Ben
23-04-2009, 22:50
I suggest you sell them.

On the bright side after the recent increase in metals they go for a fair bit.

Velsharoon
23-04-2009, 22:55
I would possibly trade you them as long as I have something you want, I have a greater demon of nurgle boxed and a nurgle demon prince and a set of metal wings to go on it.

As you can see by my sig I have death guard but im not really interested in continuing them

Lamenter
23-04-2009, 23:01
Why not ebay them and use the money to buy more gribbly chaos plastics?

ghost23
23-04-2009, 23:40
I would possibly trade you them as long as I have something you want, I have a greater demon of nurgle boxed and a nurgle demon prince and a set of metal wings to go on it.

As you can see by my sig I have death guard but im not really interested in continuing them

Hmm maybe, clicked the link though and nothing is there.

Velsharoon
23-04-2009, 23:55
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151329

Seems my sig is screwed but the GD and DP are still in their boxes

starlight
24-04-2009, 00:05
Well if you decide to sell them, let us know who you want to sell them to. :)

Brother Xeron
25-04-2009, 10:57
I think you could have some fun with them.. I know you said your not into the converting but you should have a bash! the heads would look great as pre heresy chosen chaos for example

Brother Xeron

Frostmane
30-04-2009, 04:04
Ok my most recent passion is converting, so I say go for it if your willing to risk any of the following:
1. Ridiculous grey knights hanging with the chaos
2. Ruining the miniatures that your bud gave you
3. Having some shoddy looking chaos with cool helms.
4. Having a Legendary conversion that everyone is interested in
5. Having a catastrophic conversion that makes people run you out of your local game store

Or you could start another army. Or to be everyones echo ebay. You can get near full price there.

New Cult King
30-04-2009, 04:09
Make them Chaos Grey Knights, the first and only GK who have fallen to Chaos. Everyone will think you are awesome, clever, and original ;)

Frostmane
30-04-2009, 07:02
Make them Chaos Grey Knights, the first and only GK who have fallen to Chaos. Everyone will think you are awesome, clever, and original ;)[

Edit]Could even use them as fallen Grey knights in APOC!