PDA

View Full Version : William King... What is he up to now?

TreManor
23-04-2009, 18:00
I have just recently finished reading the second Omnibu sof Gotrek and Felix. I must say that the Gotrek and Felix works of William King are by FAR some of teh best fantasy I have ever read. I mean sure the endings were pretty much foregone conclusions, but the reading itself was always entertaining and worthwhile. I think that King achieved a believeability that is SORELY lacking in most fantasy characters. I always felt like ( some of their heroics aside ) Gotrek and Felix were a perfectly plausible pair of adventurers with real personality... though Snorri and Bjorni had begun to really take center stage for me toward the end....

So what the hell happened to King? Why is he no longer working on the series. I have read a very little bit of the new author's other work ( some down on his luck empirial noble pistolier vs Nurglings ) but have yet to read any of the Gotrek and Felix stuff for fear that it may ruin the mental character of the pair.

Also does anyone know how one goes about submitting fiction to GW to be considered for publication?

Anyway just food for conversation.

IcedCrow
23-04-2009, 18:07
Good luck on submitting fiction to GW. It is extraordinarily difficult.

Kerill
23-04-2009, 18:45
First three were great, the last few were pretty poor and samey.