PDA

View Full Version : Ogre Kingdoms VS Lizardmen

shadowskale
23-04-2009, 21:38
As the title says, im rather worried about how my ogres will fair vs this army.
mostly I fear the stegadon and slann, and I would like some tips on ways to remove this problems. thanks ~Shadowskale~

Malorian
23-04-2009, 21:44
Stegadon = tenderiser

Slann = um... there really isn't a good one. Just avoid the temple guard/slann and kill everything else ;)

shadowskale
23-04-2009, 21:48
Stegadon = tenderiser

Slann = um... there really isn't a good one. Just avoid the temple guard/slann and kill everything else ;)

Tyrant with Tenderiser sound good?
also I was thinking of investing in a scap luncher to hit the steggy with from a distance?

thanks for the tips :3

Agoz
23-04-2009, 21:51
I don't think a strength 3 killing blow template is going to do much to a stegadon

Malorian
23-04-2009, 21:59
Although it would do better against the temple guard ;)

shadowskale
23-04-2009, 22:11
I don't think a strength 3 killing blow template is going to do much to a stegadon

witch would be better then a brusier with tenderiser ?

Malorian
23-04-2009, 22:19
Either a bruiser or a tyrant with a tenderiser is going to mess up the steg pretty bad, and has a good chance of killing it in one round of combat.

tomgore
23-04-2009, 23:34
and for the magic...butchers with dispel scrolls, and a hellheart...establish magic superiority in the 1st phase with the hellheart....makes magic less mean and bring the greatskull on your tyrant...and never underestimate leadbelchers...they are awful fun and a great blast when you get them to fire. good luck.

TheDarkDuke
24-04-2009, 01:16
Those should be the least of your issues. Ogres worse nightmare is poison. Pray that you face a Slann and 2-4 Stegadons over 30-60 skinks.

Necromancy Black
24-04-2009, 02:04
Indeed. Lots of quick moving skinks with poison are going to give your army a hell of a time.

Foegnasher
24-04-2009, 02:49
i'd be more worried about the oldblood/carnasaur/blade of realaties.

that thing is gonna have a field day with ogres, and generate CR numbers that will be legendary.

Mercules
24-04-2009, 03:21
i'd be more worried about the oldblood/carnasaur/blade of realaties.

that thing is gonna have a field day with ogres, and generate CR numbers that will be legendary.

Yes... it does.... :p

shadowskale
24-04-2009, 15:54
I kinda never worried about skinks tbh, I mean gnoblar's should be able to wall skinks a certain amount right ?

If not any tactics for skink bashing ;D

edit: and oldblood/scar vet

Eulogy2
24-04-2009, 17:10
my roommate plays ogres, and hes learned to fear skinks more than anything. gnoblars arent very effective against them, cause the skinks can easily outmanauver them, and if they do shoot at your gnoblars, they typically panic rather easily.

Dungeon_Lawyer
24-04-2009, 18:05
skinks pwn ogres.

Zoolander
24-04-2009, 18:34
Take a tyrant with the weapon that does 1 ST8 hit in an area effect like a catapult (thundermace?). You should be able to hit the slann with the radius and scare the bejesus out of him (unless he challenges, which will spare his slann for a turn)! His temple guard won't stand up to that for long either.

Against the Steggys, the tenderizer is probably better with the d3 wounds. Ogre core are fairly strong, so while they can't take a charge from a stegadon very well, they can whoop it's ass with all those strength 6 attacks.

Any OK players, feel free to correct me if I'm off the mark here.

Gork or Possibly Mork
25-04-2009, 02:30
hellheart...establish magic superiority in the 1st phase with the hellheart....makes magic less mean and bring the greatskull on your tyrant

Unfortunately the FAQ says the hell heart miscast effects apply to the ogre army as well. Sucks huh?

shadowskale
25-04-2009, 13:00
Hey, what do you guys think about using my butcher to beat down skinks ?
Movement 6 immune to poision sounds like a good counter to me?

Shamfrit
25-04-2009, 13:42
A hunter will work wonders against Lizardmen, the bow againsst Stegadons, the Sabretooth tigers can rush off to take out Skinks, and he can push back the little blighters from the flank with the appropriate equipment.

Tenderiser Tyrant is all good, but the Thundermace will do much more against Stegadons and as has been said, rip through Temple Guard so quick it hurts - against the skinks you've really got to get at them quickly!

shadowskale
25-04-2009, 16:01
A hunter will work wonders against Lizardmen, the bow againsst Stegadons, the Sabretooth tigers can rush off to take out Skinks, and he can push back the little blighters from the flank with the appropriate equipment.

Tenderiser Tyrant is all good, but the Thundermace will do much more against Stegadons and as has been said, rip through Temple Guard so quick it hurts - against the skinks you've really got to get at them quickly!

Ah yes the hunter, I never thought about him, mosty I underestimated it.
seems like I may have to invest in one at some point, he helps my gnoblar trappers aswell.

Hmmm, I don't care for the thundermace, the D3 wounds of the tenderiser just sounds so much better.
I however will test out the t-mace.

thanks for the tips :3

zak
25-04-2009, 19:20
Ogres rely on hitting hard and fear. These two things don't work well against the Lizardmen who have high toughness and the cold blooded rule. Add that together with the fact that Ogres are one of, if not the, weakest army in Warhammer and you have a very one sided game. the suggestions given are good, but you arte going to need a lot of skill and luck to win.