PDA

View Full Version : Which Mage is Better

Templar47
24-04-2009, 03:31
Hey guys. Well after blowing the dust off my dogs of war, I took a look at the different choices I had and I just have a simple question. Which mage is better, the Truthsayer or the Dark Emmisary in a DOW army?

ZigZagMan
24-04-2009, 04:18
I prefer a Truthsayer, His spells are great, especially if you include alot of ogres. +1 to dispel affect ALL your dispel dice, not just his like a +1 to cast would. and he has a better ward save, I don't really miss the extra magic level. If your group allows lustria stuff you should look into an amazon serpent priestess too (although her spells are rather short range)

Leogun_91
24-04-2009, 08:36
I totally agree with ZigZagMan, join the good side use a Truthsayer.

Condottiere
24-04-2009, 09:44
I suspect it comes down to what tactics you're using for your army; that extra power level could make a difference.

Keller
24-04-2009, 13:15
I prefer the Truthsayer of the two, but I find them to be too overpowered to use most of the time. I gues DOW need some help, though.

Templar47
24-04-2009, 21:59
thnxs for the replies so far, but I have another question for you. Isit worth giving DOW pikemen heavy armor? Also, if you wouldn't mind I could use some more feedback on the Truthsayer and the Dark Emmisary :)

Condottiere
25-04-2009, 05:15
1. As I just mentioned elsewhere, I usually take Regiments of Renown Pike units, since cost wise they bring more to the table, rather than the normal pike units.

2. The Dark Emissary is an offensive unit, the Truthsayer is to buff up your units; either choice allows you to recruit Fen Beasts in a Rare slot, rather useful if you are planning in fighting near water based terrain.