PDA

View Full Version : What is that prong thing on the Falcon?

Poseidal
24-04-2009, 13:23
Inspired by the Land Speeder question, I've noticed there's funny prongs on the underside of the Falcon, underneath the pilot facing forwards.

There's a different one for the Falcon, Fire Prism and GW Wave Serpent. What does it do?

Was it a legacy of something from 2nd ed? (I never had the Falcon Datasheet as I couldn't afford much back in 2nd and only had a few Aspect Warriors in my army).

Is it a Laser weapon or gun of some sort? A Scanner, communications array?

Bloodknight
24-04-2009, 13:27
Some kind of antenna, it has never had rules in the game.

Hellebore
24-04-2009, 13:58
I vaguely remember the Fire Prism's antennae having a special rule but I don't have the WD with its rules on me at the moment (it's in the basement in a box full of them). If anyone else has easier access they should be able to tell you.

Hellebore

Pilgrim
24-04-2009, 19:04
I vaguely remember the Fire Prism's antennae having a special rule but I don't have the WD with its rules on me at the moment (it's in the basement in a box full of them). If anyone else has easier access they should be able to tell you.

Hellebore

If I remember the rules correctly, the Fire Prism had an inbuilt Crystal Targeting Matrix, which enabled it to ignore the to-hit modifier for shooting at a fast-moving target.

As to the original question, there are two sets of 'prongs' on the Falcon model. One is directly under the cockpit, and is its twin shuriken catapults, mounted as anti-personnel weaponry. The ones offset to the right of the pilot are, as Bloodknight said, just assumed to be electronics of some sort, with no bearing on the game.