PDA

View Full Version : Ever seen Tyrion used to good effect?

LKHERO
24-04-2009, 23:43
In 7th edition, have you guys seen Tyrion used in any games to good effect?

I'm going to start experimenting with him 2250 point games.

Edit: Yeah.. this should definitely be in Tactics.

O&G'sRule
25-04-2009, 00:45
Yes hes awesome and almost unkillable

LKHERO
25-04-2009, 01:10
Yes hes awesome and almost unkillable

How was he used if you don't mind me asking?

Nicha11
25-04-2009, 01:37
How was he used if you don't mind me asking?

I personnaly run him with some dragon princes he's god like in a challenge and can cause even GD's some worry.

Agoz
25-04-2009, 02:12
Last time I played against him the elf player had him outside a unit, one Bonecruncher later and he was dead :)

havoc626
25-04-2009, 02:41
I once saw him play a brilliant role as a paper weight after getting hit by a S10 WLC on turn 2.

sulla
25-04-2009, 03:32
Very lucky shot to single him out, wound, fail his ward and regen. Well done.

WhiteKnight
25-04-2009, 05:29
Never have tyrion by himself. He's not invincible.

Condottiere
25-04-2009, 05:57
High Elven units have very specialized tasks - Tyrion's is to challenge the most powerful enemy characters.

LKHERO
25-04-2009, 06:59
High Elven units have very specialized tasks - Tyrion's is to challenge the most powerful enemy characters.

Exactly.

He should deploy opposite to your opponent's badass and get into combat with him ASAP. He will force two outcomes most likely: Deny the enemy Lord from attacking by challenging, or outright kill him.

He should also be in a unit that's rock solid and will never fail him in terms of combat res. Something that comes in mind is:

9x Dragon Princes FC w/ Lion Standard w/ BSB w/ Battle Banner and Tyrion.
5 wide, Immune to Fear and Terror and can add +6 to combat res on top of 2 Banners.

He also goes really well with White Lions OR Phoenix Guard as long as your banner choices and character choices are good.

havoc626
25-04-2009, 09:19
Exactly.

He should deploy opposite to your opponent's badass and get into combat with him ASAP. He will force two outcomes most likely: Deny the enemy Lord from attacking by challenging, or outright kill him.

He should also be in a unit that's rock solid and will never fail him in terms of combat res. Something that comes in mind is:

9x Dragon Princes FC w/ Lion Standard w/ BSB w/ Battle Banner and Tyrion.
5 wide, Immune to Fear and Terror and can add +6 to combat res on top of 2 Banners.

He also goes really well with White Lions OR Phoenix Guard as long as your banner choices and character choices are good.

I agree with this. Tyrion is a mean CC character and he has to be used as such.

To the unit above, it would be something that an opponent would not want getting into his battlelines, so it will most likely cop a hell of a lot of fire from warmachines and anti-cav. weapons. While losing this squad will be a very bad thing, the somewhat bonus of it is that it draws fire away from the rest of your army.

My instance above was just an example of extremely good luck on the Skaven's luck. It's the only time I've actually versed him, but I've heard from other gamers that played that guy that Tyrion was a deadly force on his own.

And, just for anyone's interest, the pesky elves fought back with a vengence and won the day, mostly due to the fact 90% of the Skaven's weapons blew themselves up turn 3. The only one not to blow up, was the WLC, which misfired and killed my Grey Seer on Screaming Bell and the bell itself. I think I was laughing harder than the HE player.

moose
25-04-2009, 09:33
Tyrion should have a similar role to the dreaded pendant dark elf lord.

He's good for mowing down characters and elite infantry, so for this purpose he should probably join dragon princes as they can hold their own too.

Plus the DP can break blocks of infantry on their own, so the unit will become very versatile.

Moose.