PDA

View Full Version : Most Common Empire States?

Sir Phobos
25-04-2009, 21:29
I was just wondering what you guys thought were the most common states for Empire Armies to be from? I was planning on doing an Averland army but also I want it to be kinda unique, so if everyone does them I might pick another state.

Alfie
25-04-2009, 21:38
Not sure about the most common, but i am doing an altdorf themed army.

Blue and red all the way. :)

Personnally i wouldnt worry how common each of them are and just go for a scheme you like the look of. You dont want to pick a rare scheme just to dislilke your army after you have painted it.

WhyNotCrashDifferently?
25-04-2009, 21:57
Nuln is pretty common. Middenheim is, or used to be. Haven't actually seen many Altdorf armies.

Averland has a nice colour scheme so to echo what Alfie said, just go with what you like best.

That being said, Ostland and Stirland are where the cool's at.

Griefbringer
25-04-2009, 21:59
Ostland, Ostermark and Nordland might be a bit on the rarer side.

Talabheim might be quite popular, since they ended up becoming the studio army.

Cypher, the Emperor
25-04-2009, 23:58
Talabheim and Nuln, although I do see some of the green/blue one alot too.

Bingo the Fun Monkey
26-04-2009, 00:52
The most common color of Empire army I see in my area? Grey. All the people who actually paint play other games (myself included). Online, I see Averland the most.

badgeraddict
26-04-2009, 10:26
Nordland for me.

Von Wibble
26-04-2009, 11:20
The most common color of Empire army I see in my area? Grey. All the people who actually paint play other games (myself included). Online, I see Averland the most.

Wissenland is grey I believe. BOOORRRIIIINNNNGGG! Why on earth you would want John Major's army I don't know.

Ostermark for me all the way. Purple and yellow or purple and white for those of you who don't know. I've always like Ostlands colour scheme, and the stir river patrol as well.

Cypher - there is no official empire province with green and blue colours (its a horrible clash at any rate). Green and red = hochland, green and yellow = stirland.

Duke Georgal
26-04-2009, 14:32
My Empire army is traditional red and white, which is the standard scheme for Talabheim.

My Vampire Counts army is representative of a risen Empire army from Tallebecland, so yellow and red are the colors there.

It seems that Games Workshop always chooses red and white for their studio armies.

By the way, the color scheme pages in the 7th edition army book is awful. The 5th and 6th edition books had much better painting sections.

Keller
27-04-2009, 03:47
I painted my army as a custom color scheme, but have tied it to Ostermark. Instead of Purple and Yellow, I went with Purple and Green. Not the best contrast in hindsight, but I hate painting yellow, sometihng I am always reminded of when I add in some state-colors.

I've seen lots of Stirland lately, it seems, which I always thought was rather rare due to its boring yellow/green.

dogfender2
27-04-2009, 04:38
how about the stir river, white and green

WhyNotCrashDifferently?
27-04-2009, 05:27
This link might help you decide:

http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?board=5.0

venus_redscar
27-04-2009, 05:42
I went with Blue and White, but I say they are from Southern Middenland rather than Middenhiem.

mattschuur
27-04-2009, 06:04
The 2 Empire armies in my area, mine and another guys, are Stirland, me, and Ostland. My Stirland army is made entirely of Free company models that have green and yellow sashes, head bands and cloth wrapped around their arms and legs. Their other clothes are peasant clothes, I think it really fits in with Stirlands poor fluff.

matt schuur

Captain Cortez
27-04-2009, 07:07
I've seen allot of Red/White and Yellow and black Empire armies. I'm the only one who plays Ostland around my community.

Keller
27-04-2009, 13:15
I'd reccomend reading up on any provice you are interested in making an army from. http://www.warhammer-empire.com/library/guide/guide_index.php

Warhammer-empire.com has some great stuff.

TheLionReturns
27-04-2009, 13:39
I have plans for a combined Nuln and Wissenland force. Nuln for the infantry blocks and war machines with Wissenland archers and huntsmen (and perhaps some DoW light cavalry horse archers). I think I plan to combine one of the most common (Nuln) with probably the rarest (Wissenland). I just need to figure out how to make the Wissenland paint scheme work.

Chaos Undecided
27-04-2009, 13:52
Well if you want to do Averland then go for it gives you a valid excuse to use that rather nice new Marius Leitdorf model they've come up with for the next months Empire release (so what if he got killed off in the last book).

If you want a less common one I dont think I've ever seen a Reikland force (the white/cream state army rather than the red & blue of Altdorf)

Von Wibble
27-04-2009, 18:43
I painted my army as a custom color scheme, but have tied it to Ostermark. Instead of Purple and Yellow, I went with Purple and Green. Not the best contrast in hindsight, but I hate painting yellow, sometihng I am always reminded of when I add in some state-colors.

I've seen lots of Stirland lately, it seems, which I always thought was rather rare due to its boring yellow/green.

Well, you can always have purple and white instead. I personally prefer that scheme and it is still the official colours.

I find it interesting that the count of Averland is painted in Ostermark colours in the pictures we have seen so far.

Keller
27-04-2009, 19:33
Well, you can always have purple and white instead. I personally prefer that scheme and it is still the official colours. Hmm, I forgot about the Purple/White scheme. I believe it is held as an official color scheme. I will have to keep that in mind for my next spear regiment, though now I might just keep with the green/purple for consistancy sake. I doubt the units would look out of place, as long as each unit is painted the same, though. I guess I could try it then paint the white green if I don't like it. It will probably be sometime before I add anymore units to my empire, though, as I am trying to get other things done.