PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Morale up

Daver X
26-04-2009, 08:21
in the game how would you kepp morale up for your army after several crushing defeats?
as a tau player my first option would be to use an etheral or act as this is very important to the grater good
if that fails get him on the battle front so they are fighting for his survival
if this fails get him killed and use revenge as a motive(or watch them all run away)

Vote Kantor
26-04-2009, 08:28
Well, the lack of commissars in my army means, however they want to spend it. My only crushing defeats so far have been against YOUR tau. so to keep up moral, i moved to an area where i could start pulping the somewhat squishier space marines. since i left the tau expansion areas, my army has 6/0/0. My men are happy as anything now. Rebelling (without any chaos help) has been a good decision. But i think a change will do some good. with the new codex coming out in Australia next week, i think a Valkyrie will help. and a new hellhound variant.

Thud
26-04-2009, 08:34
I just convince myself my opponent was cheating.

Damn cheaters! :mad:

Caprosmaster
26-04-2009, 08:39
Just tell myself vk cant use drop guarsdmen next codex :p. Oh and cry too :p

Vote Kantor
26-04-2009, 08:40
I just convince myself my opponent was cheating.

Damn cheaters! :mad:

I CALL CHEESE, NOT FAIR
BROKEN, CHEATING, MARINE, UNFAIR, RAW. it could work, time to show the tau whose boss

RustyKnight
26-04-2009, 09:11
I consume the bio-mass, spawn new creatures, feed the creatures shocklate, and go find a tastier target.

Caprosmaster
26-04-2009, 09:12
I consume the bio-mass, spawn new creatures, feed the creatures shocklate, and go find a tastier target.

that sounds an easy way back there RustyKinght

Bassik
26-04-2009, 09:17
I execute some dice, while I make their friends watch :evilgrin:

Sirroelivan
26-04-2009, 11:21
I think of the number of skulls I can offer to Khorne anyways.

colmarekblack
26-04-2009, 11:30
After losing tense games I just remind myself that it's a game and since I play as Khorne anyway it doesn't particularly matter.

Latro_
26-04-2009, 12:15
Learn from the parts of your army/tactics that caused issues and then dont do it again and think about how you can tweak your army next game.

e.g. last game I tried out a vindi in my Death guard army, I already had 3 obilts and a defiler and they seemed to be enough HS for my army. However my opponent would of been really up against it if I had two daemon princes not just one.

So next game vindi is swapped for a new daemon prince and i'm gonna try and combine assaults with plague marines.

If you run the same list over an over again and do the same stuff then ye floggy a dead horse.
IMO it takes a good 10 games with an army to get used to it with tweaking inbetween at the end you may have a totally different army from when you started!

Bunnahabhain
26-04-2009, 12:32
Decide if it was my plan or my luck that was the issue.

That squad of fire dragons totally failed to stop the russ firing, despite being dropped 2" away- very bad luck.

Deploying in an overly dispersed fashion, so I can't focus fire and bring down enough of those wave serpents full of nasty stuff- bad plan.

Alternatively, if it's an outside factor I can't control, ie being given a stupidly bare or small table, it's kill points and I'm playing infantry guard

weirdo2590
26-04-2009, 12:44
I think he means how your army would keep moral up, not the player :p

Personally my blood angels successor chapter have sufffered so many defeats that its become normal for them. They're considering renaming themselves "The emperor's Punching bags", whatever of them is left after a battle sits round the proverbial campfire and remebers the good old days where they actualy won a match against that green horde.

Caprosmaster
26-04-2009, 12:47
oh in that case ....

well my men are marines, and we all know marines dont die, they just fall over and have a sleep, so afterwards they all get bac up again :p

really.. they would just recruit more :p

Laser guided fanatic
26-04-2009, 13:15
Change your army list, I normally do that after a defeat even if is just swapping a plasma gun for a melta gun.

MasterDecoy
26-04-2009, 14:33
my troops have no choice in the matter, The hive mind commands they be happy.

MrGiggles
26-04-2009, 15:05
Welcome to the beauty of Orks. If I win, it's good. If I don't win, it's just practice for my next fight.

RichBlake
26-04-2009, 15:12
Game wise I just reflect upon what went wrong, if it was my mistakes then I need to make sure I don't repeat them, if it was ust luck chalk it up as another victory where the dice gods have scorned you.

Fluff wise I started keeping track of victories compared to death and executions for units that run away or perform utterly rubbish. I'm an Imperial Guard Commander, if I don't throw thousands of men to their deaths for a handful of victories I'm doing something wrong.

Awilla the Hun
26-04-2009, 16:22
I usually manage to fit a dramatic moment into a game, so I remember that.

Oh, and after a string of defeats, I change a few officer names around and hope for the best.

Johnnyfrej
26-04-2009, 16:38
They're considering renaming themselves "The emperor's Punching bags"
I imagine several Guardsmen getting very cross that some Beakies are trying to steal their title. :D

catbarf
26-04-2009, 17:07
the grater good

http://www.jeffgothelf.com/journal/media/1/20080204-cheesegrater.jpg

I'd make that my army symbol.

Hood
26-04-2009, 17:59
If I lose despide my best effort I CURSE MY LUCK! :chrome:

If I lose despide my best effort but the rolls were nice, I enjoy losing because I enjoyed the game/thrill. :)

And because it's hard to lose having my army totally wiped out I image that some of the survivors fall back and organise a come back with reinforcements from the orbital crusading fleet! :D

PS: I hate losing due to kill points when I have managed to keep more Victory points (old system) than the enemy army... (Specially when from an enemy unit a single sholdier remains and starts running as far as he can from me so I can't get the kill point... grrrr :mad:)

Ertle
26-04-2009, 18:25
Well wit Orks its simple get more boyz and come around fer anuver go. Cuz we iz da Orks and we never lose.

weirdo2590
26-04-2009, 21:25
I imagine several Guardsmen getting very cross that some Beakies are trying to steal their title. :D

Well they can fight me for it :p

Looser gets the be the new punching bag. My guys would loose to fluff eldar they're that bad. (No offence to eldar, but GW seem to hate you in fluff battles)

the_picto
26-04-2009, 21:40
Well when my Daemons lose they just go back to the warp and take out their frustration on each other. Eventually a new warp rift will open and it's back to killing squishy things. Being a Daemon's a simple, but satisfying, life.

Joewrightgm
26-04-2009, 21:44
My Necrons simply phase back to their tombs and the lord looks around and mutters to himself "Again? Really?" and sets about the task of rebuilding his horde.