PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Centers in New-York

DaSpaceAsians
26-04-2009, 11:31
Now in three weeks, I'm going to New York with the school and getting lots of money to spend. I'd like to find a Games Workshop or an independant retailer near Fifth Avenue and Times Square since I'm looking to get some more Imperial Guard stuff. Do you have any good recommandations for places to stop by to buy IG and if yes I'd like to know their adresses and opening hours.

Sleazy
26-04-2009, 13:02
Theres a good one that way but I cant remember its name. Its kinda near Times Square, I was staying on 30th street and it wasnt far away. I found it by googling on the hotels internet connection.

Sorry thats not a massive help but at least you know there is one.

DaSpaceAsians
26-04-2009, 13:10
It's a good start

LittleLeadMen
26-04-2009, 13:25
Near 5th ave and Times Square? Um- those don't intersect. :confused:

From a LONG time New Yorker, here's the COMPLETE New York City gaming/shopping rundown:

There used to be 3 GW stores in Manhattan. There is only one currently, which is the original NYC store. It's GW Greenwich Village.

It's located on 8th st, just west of Broadway, near New York University. You can get to it quickly be taking the R train to 8th st, or the 6 train to Astor Place, or the 4,5,6,N,R,Q,W,L to Union Square/14th st and walking south down Broadway a few blocks. Their phone number is (212) 982-6314.

The other main shopping place for gaming is the Compleat Strategist, which stocks GW, as well as a lot of other minis, historicals, role playing, etc. The Strat (as it's called locally) is located on 11 east 33rd street, between 5th avenue and Madison ave. It's a stone's throw from the Empire State Building. Phone is (212) 685-3880. The Strat is home to a large wargaming community, the Warmongers, who meet every Thursday evening in the basement gaming area and play.

Those are the two gaming stores in Manhattan, which is kind of surprising to a lot of visitors, especially if you are used to Paris and London, which is teaming with them. But both are great stores and there are a LOT of gamers in NYC to play against.

Enjoy your trip to NYC!

DaSpaceAsians
26-04-2009, 13:32
Thank you very much

DaSpaceAsians
26-04-2009, 13:51
Near 5th ave and Times Square? Um- those don't intersect. :confused:

I meant that I was going to the 5th Avenue and then Times Square

Sleazy
26-04-2009, 17:28
Complete Strategist! thats the one I remember.

victorpofa
26-04-2009, 18:11
The Warstore (http://www.thewarstore.com/ComeVisitUs.html) is on Long Island too.

DaSpaceAsians
26-04-2009, 22:27
The Warstore (http://www.thewarstore.com/ComeVisitUs.html) is on Long Island too.

Is it near 5th avenue?

DaSpaceAsians
11-05-2009, 01:11
By the way does the Compleat Strategist have good inventory and is it the same price as a normal games workshop?