PDA

View Full Version : Ork Nobz box

Deus Mechanicus
26-04-2009, 15:54
Does the Nob box come with 5 Power Klaws and 5 Bosspoles :)?

stainawarjar
26-04-2009, 16:00
Does the Nob box come with 5 Power Klaws and 5 Bosspoles :)?

No, if I remember correctly it's 2 power klaws.

colonel kane trine
26-04-2009, 16:00
3 power klaws

Melchor
26-04-2009, 16:01
It's 2 or 3. Not sure. But it's nog 5. :D
It does contain 5 bosspoles though.

Corrode
26-04-2009, 16:14
It's only 3 proper PKs, but there's a buzzsaw and harpoon thing (intended for cyborking, I think) which make fine PK substitutes.

0ld1eye
26-04-2009, 17:12
Or you could get out the plasticard.

When in doubt...

Leftenant Gashrog
26-04-2009, 17:33
Personally I use the huge chainaxes (of which you get 5) as proxies for Power Klaws.

MrGiggles
26-04-2009, 18:24
Three or four proper Bosspoles (including one you can change the top on, which is rather nice) and an Attack Squig with perch which you can probably use as a Bosspole as well.

As to Power Klaws, the box comes with three normal Power Klaws whose bits seem to interchange and two Cybork arms (a buzz saw and another device which I call the 'Stabinator) which can be used as Power Klaws without too much issue.

The box itself is very nice with lots of things on the sprues which you can use to customize your Nobz, so don't sell that short either. If you're doing Nobz to go with mobz of Boyz, then you're pretty much going with the 'Eavy Armour, Power Klaw and Bosspole variety, so your options are basically pre-done. If you're making a mob of Nobz though, don't sell things like normal Choppas and Sluggas, Big Choppas and Kombi-Wepaons short. It's often nice to have a little longer range (well, longer than 12" anyway) shooting out of a Trukkload of Nobz while they close and at least some weapons which hit before Power Klaws and Power Fists (either hard (Big Choppa) or lots (Slugga & Choppa)) are often nice to have as well.

In case you can't tell, I'm a pretty big fan of the new Nob box.

sigur
26-04-2009, 18:26
Personally I use the huge chainaxes (of which you get 5) as proxies for Power Klaws.

You never got in trouble because of that? I mean.... 'uge choppa entry and all that...

Melchor
26-04-2009, 18:46
As for the bosspoles. Just take a look at the Bosspole entry in the codex. It says that it can be pretty much anything that signifies that the Nob is dead 'ard. It then goes on to describe various items that can be used. One of these is a Iron Gob. Plenty of those in the Nobz box. ;)

Leftenant Gashrog
26-04-2009, 18:50
You never got in trouble because of that? I mean.... 'uge choppa entry and all that...

Nope, a proxy is a proxy - in my experience proxies are only a problem if they are confusing within an army, eg: "this uge choppa is an uge choppa but that ones a power klaw" - I've never had a problem saying "all those guys with chainaxes the size of your guys torsos? those are power klaws"

popisdead
29-04-2009, 22:52
5 big choppas is what you want anyway. maybe one or two powerklaws. 5 powerklaws would be rational argument for MegaNobz.

MrGiggles
30-04-2009, 01:49
Pretty much five Power Klaws is a lot for a unit of Nobz against most things, at least that's what I'm finding. With five PK's in there, most enemies just fold like a cheap suit, which denies you that round of protection from enemy shooting that you get from a second round of melee combat. Now, I'll admit that I've not run them against things like a Nidzilla army or anything, so their may be some better use in that regard.

The other thing you'll find with 5 PK's is that you'll be tempted to purchase 'insurance' for your 125 points of wargear, since you want the PK's to be able to hit for a while. That means things like bigger mobz, a Painboy, Cybork Bodies and other upgrades to ensure unique wargear and survivability. After that, well, your sluggas aren't giving you the extra attack in melee, so let's go for Kombi-Weapons and Twin Linked Shootas. Putting in more Power Klaws can lead to kitting out your mob with a suitably bewindering array of killy bits and a rapidly inflating points cost. That's awesome (and makes for a great looking unit) if that's what you're going for, but it can also decrease the number of Boyz on the table and nowhere more than an Ork army does the old axiom of 'Boyz before toyz' ring more true.

Now, for the other side of things, if you're just looking to make a bunch of Nobz to put with your Boyz Mobz, then you can do it with this box easily. You'll just be left with such an awesome array of cool bitz left behind that you'll want to buy another box just to use them all!