PDA

View Full Version : The worst whiffs you've whiffed

whiskeytango
27-04-2009, 00:44
Today my WoC fought LM at 1000pts. I set up a charge against a jungle swarm with my Khorne Knights (equipped with musician, standard, and banner of wrath) that see me over running into his saurus block with scar vet. I charge... and do 2 wounds. With 15 attacks, hitting on 3 and wounding on 2, i do 2 wounds. The swarm dies from CR, not allowing me to over run, the knights get charged, lose combat, and get chased down. One 45pt swarm cost me a 305pt unit, 100 more VP, and a bound spell.

What are your stories?

W0lf
27-04-2009, 00:52
You could have overun....

Not combat but yesterday a High elf army with a single lvl 4 managed to get Drain magic through EVERY SINGLE TURN vs my vamps army.

Including two double 6's and me failing to dispel a 7 on two dice with +1 and an epic rolling triple 1 +a 2 to dispel a 8+ cast.

Bad times.

szlachcic
27-04-2009, 00:57
...and an epic rolling triple 1 +a 2 to dispel a 8+ cast.

Bad times.

Haha, I certainly know that feeling...

Nicha11
27-04-2009, 01:02
I'm playing my brothers WOC army with my lizzies, i bait and flee his Khorne warriors with my skinks, and then counter charge with 23 Saurus with full command and a tooled up
scar vet.

I kill two warriors, he butchers six saurus and my unit runs away.

BattleofLund
27-04-2009, 01:06
Chaos Lord and his destrier aim to trample ten Empire Handgunners - detachment, so no banner, no musician. They're on a hill and deployed in two ranks. Long story short: one combat round is fought, he breaks, runs 3D6 inches, and is run down by the 2D6 pursuing detachment. :eek: wtf

Obviously HeroHammer hadn't got to Sweden yet...

Commodus Leitdorf
27-04-2009, 01:15
Pretty much every single roll I had to make at a doubles tournament I went to this weekend. Chaos Dwarfs/Dark Elves

-Earthshaker misfires and is destroyed 4/5 games (managed to survive first game with one crewman!)
-Partners Lord failed every critical LD10 psyc test he had to make, including the last game that turned a minor win for us into a massacre for them
-Couldn't make a 3+ armoursave from my dwarfs to save my life
-On a minor note, every roll to see who went first our opponents rolled 6 on

hehe! being massacred 5 times is fun!

LKHERO
27-04-2009, 01:25
Miscasting twice with Teclis and rolling double 1s on the Miscast table, killing every White Lion around Teclis, panicing and then running off the board on turn 1 with 20 White Lions, my Banner of Sorcery and Korhil.

We called the game soon after.

ZoomDog
27-04-2009, 01:45
My HE General with a great weapon failing to kill a Skeleton champion in a challenge (2 hits, snake eyes to wound), and then the skeleton wounding with both his attacks in return (snake eyes on the Armour of Caledor save).

Aratus
27-04-2009, 02:01
Saw a friend playing Empire and his only level 2 Wizard took lore of Beast.

Turn 1 he miscasts Beast Cower and loses the spell, a level, and takes a wound.

Turn 2 he miscasts Bears Anger, ends the magic phase so his altar and Warrior Priests could not cast, and died from the wound of the miscast.

If that wasn't bad enough his steam tank hit the side of a TK Skele unit and with 5d3 rolls he did 6 impact hits (rolled like a 1, 1, 2, 1, 3). The following turn he burns steam points for grind and with 2d3 dose 2 hits and no wounds. He rolled snake eyes twice.

All of this took place in the same game.

selone
27-04-2009, 02:02
Every single one of my units squabbling, except for the unit with the black orc in who were ofc fine and my piddly gobbo archers who waaghed into combat they lost is mine :)

Lord Dan
27-04-2009, 02:32
Having 4 war machines blow up in a single turn. We jokingly predicted the 3rd one, and the 4th one just kind of freaked us out.

infyra
27-04-2009, 03:07
I was playing 2000 points against a friends daemon army. My unit of 20 temple gaurd and Slann get into combat with a unit of Horrors and a herald. All is good. I'm looking forward to winning combat.

Magic phase comes aorund and I go to cast cleansing flare to widdle down some of their numbers. I roll 2 dice to start and get an epic double 1's. Not a problem, I have the cupped hands on which I proceed to roll another one. I then go to roll on the miscast table and get ... you guessed it ... double ones. So my 400 point slan and 10 out of the 12 temple gaurd in contact with him are sucked away before combat even began.

Was fun :P

whiskeytango
27-04-2009, 03:58
@w0lf: you sure? cause we were both pretty positive that when a unit kills itself through CR, you cant overun.

Rioghan Murchadha
27-04-2009, 04:24
@w0lf: you sure? cause we were both pretty positive that when a unit kills itself through CR, you cant overun.

He's right. Your opponent doesn't 'kill itself', it just dies, and if your opponent goes away in the first round of combat, you get to overrun regardless of how it died. Wounds from CR are still part of combat.

whiskeytango
27-04-2009, 04:28
hmm... well that would have changed the game quite a bit. Still, the knights not killing the swarm through attacks alone is pretty spectacular whiffage.

dwarfhold13
27-04-2009, 05:10
funny thread...
since my last game had two MEGA wiffs in it!
i played a 1000 pt. game with my dark elves against a simple dwarf list..
first turn, after rolling with my lev. 2 on lore of shadow.. i get the pit of shades spell.. great! so i roll one die for the extra dice spell... get it and he lets it go off.. so i roll my D3 and get 4 xtra dice added to my pool.. so i have 7 casting dice now.. roll 3 for the number 2 spell just to make sure it goes off.. and boom.. snake eyes! and a 6.. so i roll my miscast and get an 8... ends phase and take a wound.. but because of FAQ, have to roll my remaining dice to see if i take wounds from the xtra dice rule.. well.. killed my sorceress first cast of the game.. who was also my general!
2nd major whiff was my hydra.. after eating 5 hammerers and overrunning the last one.. ran into a dwarf warrior unit.. make my attacks and missed all of them.. so thank god for rerolls in first round.. i hit with 3 and roll to wound... NOTHING! he strikes back with his thane of pain and kills the hydra right out... boo hiss! after that it was just down hill
Jon

Avian
27-04-2009, 08:03
Does it count when your Exalted Hero rolls crap and fails to take the last wound off an enemy Vampire general, but then his Disc comes in with its WS3 S3 single attack and kills him? :D

Aurellis
27-04-2009, 08:14
funny thread...
since my last game had two MEGA wiffs in it!
i played a 1000 pt. game with my dark elves against a simple dwarf list..
first turn, after rolling with my lev. 2 on lore of shadow.. i get the pit of shades spell.. great! so i roll one die for the extra dice spell... get it and he lets it go off.. so i roll my D3 and get 4 xtra dice added to my pool.. so i have 7 casting dice now.. roll 3 for the number 2 spell just to make sure it goes off.. and boom.. snake eyes! and a 6.. so i roll my miscast and get an 8... ends phase and take a wound.. but because of FAQ, have to roll my remaining dice to see if i take wounds from the xtra dice rule.. well.. killed my sorceress first cast of the game.. who was also my general!
2nd major whiff was my hydra.. after eating 5 hammerers and overrunning the last one.. ran into a dwarf warrior unit.. make my attacks and missed all of them.. so thank god for rerolls in first round.. i hit with 3 and roll to wound... NOTHING! he strikes back with his thane of pain and kills the hydra right out... boo hiss! after that it was just down hill
Jon

That sounds like some of the worst Hydra luck i've heard of for a long time!

The last whiff I faced will have been from my local High Elf player as he only takes the cheesiest list that he can think of against you. 40 Swordmaster, Teclis, Caradryan, 25 Phoenix Guard and a BSB in the Dragon Princes. Don't forget the 4 Bolt Throwers and 20 Archers :eyebrows: I think his whole army whiffed in that game! The shooting did very little and the Swordmasters charged the Hydra and got battered away by some good re-rolled hits. Minor Victory to the Dark Elves which was very surprising, my Hydra and Chariot did me very proud.

StormCrow
27-04-2009, 08:24
My orcs recently whiffed majorly against dwarves. We managed to take a couple of photos of the mid game kill count although i don't have access to them currently. Basically i lost 50 orcs and 20 goblins, both my shamans and warboss and took out a grand total of 1 dwarf.
I was beginning to even out the kill ratio with my giant until i rolled a 1 for jump up and down and was mercilessly hacked apart by dwarf thanes. I conceded when my big boss on boar charged a unit of crossbows in theflanks, killed none and rolled a mighty 3 for his flee distance. Me and my opponent had tears in our eyes we were laughing so much at the folly of the greenskins...i have yet to ask for a rematch.

C-Coen
27-04-2009, 09:01
I thought my WE Noble with Great Weapon (and 3 attacks) could've killed at least one skeleton warrior.. as he hit three times. 2+ to wound. 3x 1.

Same battle, 3 Wardancers vs Liche Priest. 9 S4 attacks, WS6... 1 wound.

And of course, the magical 3D6 S4 arrow. Which managed to get.. erm.. 5 arrows off...

W0lf
27-04-2009, 09:07
Oh and another whiff to add (from the same HE game might i add)

Noble BSB with battle banner in Phoneix guard

Gets charged by Some 30 odd ghouls + vamp.

Ghast challenges and Noble accepts;

Noble ASF with great weapon...
2 hits
snake eyes

Ghast (got what happened yet?)
3 attacks
1 poison one hit
1 wound
2 failed armour saves of 5+ (Dragon armour)

One happy vamp counts player ^^

NakedBarbarian
27-04-2009, 09:11
The worst whiffs ive ever whiffed?

When someone rocks up to vets night at your local GW and they smell like they haven't showered or changed their undies in a week, when the scent of over-rippened dingle-berries permeates your nostrils, throwing you off game and strategem, and droplets of blood pouring from your eyes, ears and nostrils are a welcome sanctuary from the god-awful putrid miasma that is the guy who comes to GW vets night without showering or changing their underwear for a week. That person knows who they are....

...and lets not start on his putrid cheese spam....

Azethel
27-04-2009, 09:59
I had one in a game yesterday vs DE. My sorc on disc miscasts in the first and second turn (thankfully not killing himself) managing to do no damage to a unit of shades out of which pops an assassin who proceeds to charge the sorc. Flee as a charge reaction and on 3 dice manage to roll...6! Caught and killed without the assassin striking a blow.

Keller
27-04-2009, 13:08
Having 4 war machines blow up in a single turn. We jokingly predicted the 3rd one, and the 4th one just kind of freaked us out. Sounds like a game I had with my Empire about 2 years ago. It was a 3500 point game, I had 3 cannons and 2 mortars, all of which I had done very well with for many games w/o much in the way of misfires. In this particular game, on first turn 4 of the 5 misfired, 3 of which blew up. The next 3 turns saw the demise of the last 2. Luckily, it was just a friendly game.

My biggest whiff comes, unsurprisingly, with the Helblaster Volleygun. I never had much, or any, luck with this infernal contraption, but I still tried to use it now and then. I was in a team game (2v2) against Chaos and Dark Elves when I deployed my Helblaster on the treeline in the center of the table, with the crew on watch for a Blood Thirster. I even encompassed it with some Archers to protect it from shooting from the DE player, since I had little else that could handle the Thirster.
I got the thirster to overrun right infront the the machine (now drug out of the woods) and sent the archers to open a firing lane. Now I have a Thirster in my sights at short range (back when it auto-hit) and opened fire! KABOOM! One dead Blaster; the Thirster ripped apart the rest of my army, along with his minnions, and I lost.

Kalist
28-04-2009, 08:44
This past weekend I was playing against skaven using my artillery heavy dwarfs. His 3 wound warlord got hit with:
2 Cannon balls to the face(rolled a 1 to wound both times)
1 str 10 grapeshot (rolled a 1 to wound)
1 str 7 ballista bolt (rolled 1 to wound)
1 grudgethrower stone right on the skull (rolled a 4 to wound, but on the d6 wounds I rolled a 1)
Total.....1 wound.

At least they didn't all misfire I guess.

The Red Scourge
28-04-2009, 10:31
Miscasting twice with Teclis and rolling double 1s on the Miscast table, killing every White Lion around Teclis, panicing and then running off the board on turn 1 with 20 White Lions, my Banner of Sorcery and Korhil.

We called the game soon after.

Serves you right for using special characters :cheese:

My story involves a WoC sorceror general having lost this marauder horsemen meatshield and getting hit by two crossbow bolts and snake eyeing his 0+ armor save – my Tzeentch Daemon Prince was quite annoyed that he lost his puppeteer that way :p

ICEMANQ
28-04-2009, 11:13
Yeah, Teclis is evil. Eviiil.

Biggest whiff: Hydra charges empire spearmen, kills none, rolls 5 for the flee and is chased down.

No.

badgeraddict
28-04-2009, 11:39
Dual lance charged Iron Breakers...didn't even hit. :O

Chaos Puppy
28-04-2009, 13:04
I ws charging with chaos knights with lances, I needed to roll a 3+ to hit I rolled all 2's and one 1.

sergio
28-04-2009, 17:08
this was a friend before the new high elf book came out

his Imirik on dragon, and a full block of swordmasters, charged my unit of 24 dwarf warriors with BSB, both in the front

he did no wounds, i kill a few swordmasters, win combat, both imirik and swordmasters flee

Aurellis
28-04-2009, 17:17

Biggest whiff: Hydra charges empire spearmen, kills none, rolls 5 for the flee and is chased down.

No.

I feel your pain, my Hydra did something very similar against about 15 Zombies last weekend :(

FictionalCharacter
28-04-2009, 17:22
last game i played saw my (horribly deployed) dwarf warrior unit with my general draw the fire of an empire wizard that instantly miscast, followed by two totally clear cannon shots that either misfired or failed to bounce. my far weaker dwarf warrior unit on my left flank took the charge from a fully-ranked state troops unit with a full detachment and the empire general, which proceeded to fail to wound, lose combat by one, and get run down by dwarf warriors...

Melta Pants
28-04-2009, 17:46
My worst whiffs?

Every charge with my Empire knights. Ever.

badgeraddict
28-04-2009, 17:51
My worst whiffs?

Every charge with my Empire knights. Ever.

I have this problem also! Strange. Inner circle or not, they whiff 100% of the time. Don't know why I bother with them sometimes. :(

zak
28-04-2009, 18:03
I have a more general issue when playing Chaos. I usually need 3's to hit and 3's to wound. It's amazing just how many 1's ans 2's a man (or woman) can role!

Melta Pants
28-04-2009, 18:05
I have this problem also! Strange. Inner circle or not, they whiff 100% of the time. Don't know why I bother with them sometimes. :(

It's those rubber lances, I tells ya. Also, while my knights fight like declawed sick kittens, all my horses are demon steeds hopped up on PCP - they annihilate my opponents.

Keller
28-04-2009, 18:11
I feel your pain, my Hydra did something very similar against about 15 Zombies last weekend :(
Atleast zombies can't overrun anymore. Well, good for you anyway, not so good for the zombies. I don't think their 3d6 S2 hits would do much vs the Hydra.

LKHERO
28-04-2009, 18:34
Oh and another whiff to add (from the same HE game might i add)

Noble BSB with battle banner in Phoneix guard

And that's why my Noble is always mounted on a Barden Elven Steed with a Halberd.

I refuse to take a 5+ Armor save hero totting an expensive BSB.

LKHERO
28-04-2009, 18:37

No.

So you basically failed your re-rolls to hits because of Hatred and then roll 5 1s to wound.

That was worse when I lost 6 GKTs out of 7 in 1 round of shooting from 10 Guard.

Malorian
28-04-2009, 18:41
A chaos khorne lord on deamonic mount charges my savage orcs and I challenge with my unit champ to reduce my losses.

How was I to know that my champ would actually survive? :D (Too bad I didn't cause any wounds back or else it would have been a thing of legend ;) )

theunwantedbeing
28-04-2009, 18:43
Chaos lord on dragon charges some empire huntsmen, the lord is pincushioned off his mount in the stand and shoot, the dragon fails to kill anything and loses the combat, is then run down.

Chaos lord on dragon runs into the front of a unit of grave guard, is challenged by the wight king(forgot he was there), proceeds to bounce harmlessly off him. Is then decapitated, the dragon breaks and is run down.

DE hydra (6th edition) runs into the flank of a unit of svaven slaves. Fails to kill any of them. Takes 2 wounds in return, breaks and is run down. Then panicking several nearby units.

In 7th edition I've had several bouts of "rubber lance syndrome" on my knights on prettymuch every instance they've managed to get the charge.
Roll to hit, all hit, roll to wound (this is 7 attacks needing a 2+ to kill) 2 wounds!
That's 5 1's!!!
They then of course take more than 2 wounds from the return attacks.

The most amusing one was a chariot charging some plaguemonks in the flank.
1 impact hit(2 with scythes), no wounds, I do no damage, break and run 18"
Right through 3 of my own units.
I deal them 21 wounds in total.
They all run and are now too small to rally....

PxDn Ninja
28-04-2009, 19:22
Worse thing to happen to me would be having SkullTaker killed by a zombie...

Just a zombie. And not through crumbling, but from an actual unsaved wound....

I cried a little on the inside.

PeG
28-04-2009, 19:30
DE hydra (7th ed) and handlers (2 wounds down due to shooting) charges a unit of 10 dryads. Hydra kills one dryad, handlers 0. Dryads strike back and kills the hydra and runs down the handlers.

perplexiti
28-04-2009, 19:57
My mates and I were having a 2v2 battle the other day, 3 turns in a row 1 one of my opponents great cannons hit my carnosaur riding oldblood, the carnosaur only had 1 wound left as well. all three guesses were spot on perfect, all 3 wound rolls were ....1

Also not the same game, but my oldblood on carnosaur one time charged a beastherd, they passed their terror test, 10 attacks later 1 dead gor, I lost on CR and fled, though at least he got away.

bob_the_small
28-04-2009, 20:19
Crossbowmen charged by flesh hounds on the hill.... he does 1 hit, no wounds, i hit back and do 3 wounds (he fails to save) then he loses combat and dies....

Zoolander
29-04-2009, 00:12
My assassin, Stormshadow, pops out and accepts a warrior priest's challenge. He rolls 4 dice to hit, rolling all 1s and 2s. Thank god he has hatred! He proceeded to roll 4 more 1s and 2s. That was in addition to the sorceress rolling two 1s, twice in a row, while trying to cast PoD. Not my night.

Lazarus15
29-04-2009, 05:41
I have had some bad luck that is for sure. My comes from distance though, not dice. My friends and I have resorted to the 6 and 12 inch red sticks to get right down to the bases instead of tapes because the charge range is so close. My worst luck is my Tomb Kings unit being inside a 1/32 of an inch from a tooled up sword master unit. Ouch. It still burns a little.

Some of the worst rolling has to be my buddy's lizzies who played against my Tk's. He failed 5 out of 6 turns stupidity with his Old BLood, scar vet, cold one riders unit, despite cold blooded. In addition my skull catapult killed his engine first turn. Hit on the scatter, hits the steg., wounds steg, does 6 wounds. Dead. I felt terrible!

29-04-2009, 05:57
K get this, I have a Bret Lord with Lance of Artois (Killing Blow), Enchanted Shield, Gauntlet of the Duel (Challenges cannot be refused) and Virtue of Confidence (reroll hits and wounds in duels) on a hippogriff. He solo charges three ogres with a caster, I challenge the caster thinking im gonna rip him a new one. I fluff all my attacks and wounds even with the rerolls and my hippogriff does two wounds. I goes back wounds me and I lose by one failing my break test.

I then get run down.

It gets better this unit rolled up my left flank hitting two KoTR lances in their left flanks in the subsequent turns.

sumdain
29-04-2009, 07:36
30 plague monks + plaguelord with plaguecenser charge a unit of blademasters (10 plague censer bearers flank charge same unit) do a great 2 wounds that weren't unsaved (thanks shield of sapphery for that one) plague monks lose combat and run 13 inches right off the table, censer bearers run 5-6 inches next round and are ran over. there went my hammer and anvil.

whiskeytango
29-04-2009, 07:55
So tonight i played against some Brets with the same list from the OP. The same Khorne Knights charge a unit of 9 KotR with BSB. Long story short, no wounds are done, the brets wins by 4, i flee, losing frenzy and the banner of the wrath. They go on to be further disgraced when a unit of 20 slaanesh marauders gets charged by the same KotR, beat them, and run them down, winning the knights banner back, plus both of the brets banners, which basically won me the game. Khorne was not pleased.

Oh, and then two of those same knights got shot down by peasant bowmen...

... i've really got to stop fielding that unit.

Ehakir
29-04-2009, 08:21
Playing Dark Elves, my opponent's WOC sorcerer had no spells anymore. His lvl 2 had lost his two spells to the crystal of midnight and a miscast result 11. In his turn 2, he places it next to my dark riders on my flank, uses a magical breath weapon, kills three of them, enough for a panic test. They run and get killed by running into impassible terrain. The cold one knights within 6" have to test (incl. BSB) and fail the test on an 11. They flee through an unit of Dark Riders, another unit of Cold One Knights, and a War Hydra. The Dark Riders test and fail (10), the Cold One Knights test and fail (11), the Hydra tests and fails (10). They run just in front of my enemy's marauder horsemen, luckily (-_-') staying alive. The Cold One Knights without BSB hit a building however and are killed.
A 200 pt. Wizard without spells makes 1000 pts of troops flee in one single turn...
He also charges my Black Guard in his turn. My Assassin with stars (no manbane) stands and shoots, and kills 2. Three of them arrive, and kill some guys. I roll for my breaktest - 11. Fail. They get overrun.
In my turn 3, I tempt to rally the other troops. They all continue to flee, rolling 11 for the CoK with BSB, 10 for the Dark Riders, and 10 for the Hydra.
All I had left was my manticore and harpies (who eventually killed his Spawn, WOW :P) Don't ask how it became a solid loss in the end instead of a massacre loss...

whiskeytango
29-04-2009, 08:26
@ ehakir: holy ****.

that is all.

Onidan
29-04-2009, 20:29
A game just yesterday:

My army had 22 Skinks with blowpipes, a Stegadon (regular thus Giant Bow) and 2 Salamander at 1000 points. Additionaly a lvl 2 Skinkpriest just for the heck of it.
Enemy were Dark Elves.

Number of enemy casualties through shooting: 5 (all in ONE shot from one of my Salamanders, rest was 80% miss and 20% unable to wound)
Number of successfull (as in met the cast value) spellcasts: 0

Needless to say that I lost.

Good thing is: I wasted the points my enemy used on his magic defense as he hadnīt to use it ^^

valdrog
29-04-2009, 21:22
HAH! In one game with my O&G one unit failed Animosity 3 times in a row, 2 others had a perfect flank/rear charge and failed animosity, another one of 25 Orcs Waaaaghed on animosity roll through the wall of fire in front of them and slammed into a fully ranked Swordmen unit..3 Orcs made it through the fire. Also on the same game i failed arround 6 LD rolls to Terror with a LD of 8 and banner that rerrolls panic tests.

Good times good times..

BattleofLund
30-04-2009, 05:23
Not really 'whorst whiffs', but...

Played 2,250 DE against VC last night, ultra-uncompetitive lists. Among other things I had a lvl2 with DarkStar Cloak, he had two lvl1 Vampires and a Vampire Wagon (Black Coach?). When we finished turn two, the Coach had five out of the six upgrades. It went on to eat my Harpies, BSB (KB), General, Sorceress, and run down 84 Spearmen (three units). :) Next game, the Hydra is back in. :D

TrojanWolf
30-04-2009, 07:08
The last game I had with my Warriors of Chaos was against Dwarfs, and I think Tzeentch was annoyed with me that day.

Before the game, rolling EotG for my Chosen: Magic Resistance 3.
During the game, rolling EotG for my Trolls: Magic Resistance 3.
Throughout the game, the Chosen couldn't even scratch a unit of Hammerers, and eventually got run down by the Dwarfs.

Although the way my Dark Eldar aim with dark lances is pretty damn terrible. 3+ to hit, the amount of twos I roll is staggering. When I finally do manage to score a hit, the only damage that occurs is either shaken or stunned.

Kalishnikov-47
30-04-2009, 08:46
I was playing with my Vamps vs. a good friend of mine Gav(not the GW boy). He brought along his nasty Dark Elf army and I decided to bring an army of fluff. Kinda. anywho I proceed to charge after him moving agrresively forward I might add. Turns out my buddy new my mv and tricks up my sleeve. My Vamp Gen. with mv 9 failed his charge. My Varghulf who has never done me wrong failed another charge due to my inexperience yet again haha.

To top it all off my varghulf loses 3 of his 4 wounds to repeater crossbow shots. And thinking I can pull of something I caharge his hydra thinking my high toughness, hatred, charge bonus, and regeneration save would be of use. The poor bat thing...rolled to hit. I get all hits. and 3 wounds. My friend sees he can still take his scaly skin save. he passes all 3 6+ saves. Then it gets better he womps my beat creature for thinking he had a chance we never even rolled his beastmaster attacks.

My lord seems to have a hard time with charging but finally makes his way to a corsair unit which has done nothing for my friend. I charge thinking i will wipe a rank. Turns out, he took an assassin with manbane. He struck first. Causing 3 wounds. I failed all my armour saves. Thinking my 50% chance of getting my nice ward save I take it. Fail all 3. My Vamp is killed by one assassin and his corsairs have still done nothing.

I didnt kill a single model. Not one fu**ing model. Not one.

I almost cried. Then I grabbed the Varghulf and threw my arm back but realized I loved the model. and just sat down and died on the inside. He felt bad and offered me lunch the jammy git. SO then I took the opportunity to take the new Guard Codex with me and shed tears on its nice illustrious pages. All in all it was a great day to be a VC player.

jax40kplyr1
30-04-2009, 17:04
- Lvl 4 Keeper of Secrets with Soul Devourer catches a Vampire Lord who failed his stupidity check out in the open on the first turn. Casts stupidity spell on 2 dice. Double 1s. Rolls on miscast table. Double 1s. 600+ points down the drain, plus would have basically won the game on the first turn threw crumbling.
- Cleansing Flare irresistable against demons, with every enemy unit within range. Roll 6 1's in a row for hits, with 5 1's in a row for damage. Two EOTG cast burning alignment - kills 1 model out of the above mentioned.
- Chaos Lord with Daemonsword charges into the Popemobile. Str 10, 10 attacks. 7 1s to hit. Kills himself, ward saves made on each one by the Archlector.

danny-d-b
30-04-2009, 18:29
I've got 2 quite funny ones

WOC knight charges ogran gun crew- knight wiffs his attacks- mount kills a guy (I'm thinking drawn combat when he rolls 1 hit)

he then kills my knight- not happy

however the funnyist thing ever

5 bloodknights, with lord manfred, and a BSB charge 10 skinks (the guy stands and shoots)

all 5 blood knights die to stand and shoot (11 posens from 20 shots!) then manfred and the bsb wiff there attack (1 dead skink), bsb dies and manfred crumbles- most of army then crumbles next turn!

not realy a wiff but one of the funnest things ever to happen

10 huntsmen taking down a nurgle gient (last edtion) with 2 rounds of shooting, a stand and shoot and 2 rounds of combat (the gient rolling pick up and eat twise!)