PDA

View Full Version : Okay... Am I just crazy, or.....

Calibrate
28-04-2009, 07:26
Are there some misnomers in the space marine codex, and the new guard codex (I know, I know... I will be buying a butt load of guard this summer, so I don't feel to bad about checking out the leaked version).

For the Space Marines: there is an entry for mastercrafted weapons, but I don't see any where in the wargear, or army list where you can actually purchase this upgrade. Also, I don't see any character who actually has this upgrade... WTF?

For the Guard. There is an entry for power armour... What's up with that? Your guard can't have power armour... Was it put there as a ref. or is it a mistake?

Ganymene
28-04-2009, 07:30
For the Space Marines: there is an entry for mastercrafted weapons, but I don't see any where in the wargear, or army list where you can actually purchase this upgrade. Also, I don't see any character who actually has this upgrade... WTF?

I haven't seen the Guard codex, but in the Space Marine codex I think Shrike's Claws, Lysander's Hammer, Vulkan's Spear, and any Thunder Hammers in Vulkan's army are all master crafted.

Korras
28-04-2009, 07:36
the techpriest engineseer in the Guard army wears power armour.

BaloOrk
28-04-2009, 07:38
For the Guard, dont the techpriest have powerarmour?

"all these ninjas...."

Kurisu313
28-04-2009, 11:35
The answer is that you're crazy.

Master-Crafted and Power Armour aren't options in the respective codices, but there are units equipped with them, namely space marine special characters and techpriest enginseers.

Oddly, Colonel 'Iron Hand' Stracken has a 3+ Save from his bionics, but still has flak armour.