PDA

View Full Version : Mordian Fluff Sources

Latro_
01-05-2009, 09:43
So i'm jumping on the guard bandwagon but breaking the cadian spam trend and doing an army of Mordian Iron Guard. I want the army to be very fluffy instead of just new guard power play.

I have the 2nd, 3rd and 4th ed guard codex's so know the story of the planet defense and the doctrines from the last codex.

So with this in mind i'm going down the route of lascannon heavy weapon teams whom are backed up with combined(20 men) units of infantry lead by a commi and some grenade launchers. This gives me a pretty nice core of troops who fit the key fluff markers: Lascannons, Grenade launchers, Lots of organised lasgun volley, and dicipline.

I was just wondering if anyone had any fluff sources other than the old codex books that is related to the Iron Guard? I seem to remember a brief bit in one of the last chancer novels, but they didnt get painted in a good light so i'm ignoring that :).

Col.Gravis
01-05-2009, 10:08
The only other background source that really sticks out in my head was the Famous Regiments of the Imperial Guard articles from UK WD a few years back, they did feature the Mordians in the defence of a Hive City against an Ork Waaghh, though I'm afraid I can't remember the issue number off the top of my head, I'll look it up at home if someone cant point you at it before then.

That said they also feature in the old PC game Final Liberation, I believe there is a cut scene in the game which used to be on You Tube with a Mordian Sergeant.

Crazy Ivan
01-05-2009, 12:45
That said they also feature in the old PC game Final Liberation, I believe there is a cut scene in the game which used to be on You Tube with a Mordian Sergeant.
Indeedy: Mordian scouts detect... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7Kz_0RmNHs)

The game also featured a short cutscene of one of the mentioned Mordian scouts getting mauled by an Ork who sneaked up on him... :eyebrows: Can't find that now though.

Also, Dan Abnett's short story, "The Fall of Malvolion", had Mordians in the starring roles. It used to be up on the GW site before the rehash. I don't know if I'm allowed to link to it here, but if you google "Fall of Malvolion", the first hit should be a PDF file of the story. It's pretty good, so I won't give away the ending here.

Captain Corallis
01-05-2009, 15:55
One of the old WD's just after the eye of terror had a load of articles on guard regiments, including a four page piece on the mordians defending their homeworld from demons. Might be worth trying to find.

Cpt Corallis

Brother Siccarius
02-05-2009, 01:40
The new book has a page dedicated to them, including what I think is the hive battle versus orks that was in the WD.