PDA

View Full Version : Genestealers and Chaos planets...

Grand_Marshal_Kazan
03-05-2009, 21:14
Could a Genestealer infestation take roots on Chaos held worlds including normal and daemon worlds?

For instance would a Nurgle held world and the diseases there prevent the Genestealers succeeding?

Kraxis
03-05-2009, 21:19
They could probably make roots on a normal world in the hands of Chaos, but a Daemon World? Nope. Even if they got there somehow they would be obliterated in seconds. Besides,i can't see much in the way of good genes in the Eye.

PondaNagura
03-05-2009, 21:32
heh i could see complications with deciding whether to raise the kids as genesteealer or chaos cultists.
"oh, well my father is full-Slaanesh and my mother was half-Hivemind"

Industrial Propaganda
06-05-2009, 14:00
Genestealers already worship Khorne. ;)

http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1241616758526.jpg

pookie
06-05-2009, 14:06
there is evidance that Nurgle can infect Stealers ( 3rd/4th Ragnar book)

Quetch
06-05-2009, 16:13
Genestealers already worship Khorne. ;)

http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1241616758526.jpg

more evidence for that on page 13 of the second ed rulebook. cant find a picture on the internet, and i darenít photocopy it, lest I breach some copyright law; but basically, it shows humans/hybrids with the genestealer cult symbol painted over the symbol of khorne. theirs also a patriarch wielding a deamon sword ;)

pookie
06-05-2009, 16:22
more evidence for that on page 13 of the second ed rulebook. cant find a picture on the internet, and i darenít photocopy it, lest I breach some copyright law; but basically, it shows humans/hybrids with the genestealer cult symbol painted over the symbol of khorne. theirs also a patriarch wielding a deamon sword ;)

in all fairness though back when RT/2nd ed was around, the Nids were still being developed and brought into the game, the links with Stealers/Nids were about as strong as they were for stealers/Chaos.

Leftenant Gashrog
06-05-2009, 18:16
In RT there were 3 Genestealer army lists: Genestealer Invasion Force, Genestealer Clan and Genestealer Cult, the latter was by definition a chaos cult - which could be aligned with any chaos god, the artists just favoured khorne for the art.

Rockerfella
06-05-2009, 20:16
there is evidance that Nurgle can infect Stealers ( 3rd/4th Ragnar book)

Yeah, the stealers were sluggish, and were apparently quite 'ill', if I remember. So too were the tyrnaid warriors. Seems Papa Nurgles talents know no bounds!

Mannimarco
06-05-2009, 23:42
papa nurgle loves all and all should love papa nurgle.

agreed that the nids would stand no chance in hell on any of the daemon worlds, even the ones that are just inside the eye and are more or less stable, the very concept of attacking the warp probably wouldnt even occur to the hive mind they are drawn in by the psychic beacon of the genestealer cults, theres not enough to infect on a daemon world to infect, anything that was successfully infected (marines living on the world) would quicky be picked off by their fellow traitors or daemons who could probable sense that theres somthing not quite right with this guy