PDA

View Full Version : 40k conspiricy theories

tez
05-05-2009, 11:53
I thought it would be cool if we made up some 40k conspiricy theories so if you can think of any post away.

DapperAnarchist
05-05-2009, 11:59
There are too many to mention, many are silly and foolish, all are unsupported, and this thread exists already. :D

But seriously, this exact thread already exists. I even posted in it...

tez
05-05-2009, 12:02
oh lol okay fine forget about it then i was just bored

Poseidal
05-05-2009, 12:33
Ones that exist in the setting already, ones that we make up for the setting or even 'meta' conspiracy theories to do with GW's business practices?

Here's one: Roboute Guilliman is really dead, but the 'stasis field' thing is just propaganda to keep the Ultramar morale high. Because he's in stasis, he can't have any recovery like they're claiming. In addition to this, early sources say his bones are kept in a shrine on Ultramar somewhere.

Simon Sez
05-05-2009, 14:17
Ones that exist in the setting already, ones that we make up for the setting or even 'meta' conspiracy theories to do with GW's business practices?

Here's one: Roboute Guilliman is really dead, but the 'stasis field' thing is just propaganda to keep the Ultramar morale high. Because he's in stasis, he can't have any recovery like they're claiming. In addition to this, early sources say his bones are kept in a shrine on Ultramar somewhere.They probably figured since he's in stasis he wouldn't be needing them:rolleyes:

Born Again
05-05-2009, 14:19
Cypher. Enough said.

DarkMatter2
05-05-2009, 14:42
There are no aliens or demons. They are just boogeymen invented by the Imperium to scare the populace into obediance.

Kraxis
05-05-2009, 22:13
There is no Imperium. It's all a big lie put forward by the Old One Empire.

Real one i found three months ago.

changer of fate
05-05-2009, 22:32
real?..........:wtf:

I think Lion is not coming back. but every dark angel believe he is..............yeah, how about i throw u into a exploting planet, and i would like to see u coming back................

Panzerkanzler
05-05-2009, 22:47
Well...Darth Emperor is really Padawan Roboute's secret gay lover AND secret gay father. It is somewhat disturbing, but back in the days it was fine.

captainramoz
05-05-2009, 22:48
The emperor is dead
Horus was a man that wanted humans to be free
chaos fights for humanitys freedom(exept slaneesh) csm are heroic
the imperium is bad, Tau are actually squats and Tyranids were created by the Emperor
With that said ...........................................let us serve the Emperor:D

The Old Scholar
06-05-2009, 00:04
Uh, the Emperor is an agent of Chaos...
Seriously, think about it.
Space Marines? They're mutants...mutated by "genes"...come on...that's so Chaotic it isn't funny.

Mannimarco
06-05-2009, 00:14
the ultimate conspiracy theory? the chaos gods actually like each other

oh......and both games are linked! the warhammer world is just blocked off by an inpenetrable warb storm but not impenetrable enough that the primarch sigmar couldnt be born under a comet!

Drogmir
06-05-2009, 00:24
Malal.... anymore said will offend the Copyright Gods and men who don't want you to know will take you away.... *shifts eyes*

Mannimarco
06-05-2009, 00:29
mal.....who? you clearly mean GWs own nechol and the other one dont you

Nonalyth
06-05-2009, 00:44
What about Squa

=][=PURGED FOR HERESY=][=

Seriously though, the Emperor is being held prisoner by the high lords. Horus wasn't the traitor, he found out that Guilliman and the other so called "loyalists" were planning to overthrow the Emperor, so he fought his way back to Terra to save him. He was mortally wounded by Sanguinis when the Emperor showed up, who after killing the traitorous angel was captured by Dorn.

Trench
06-05-2009, 00:49
I rather liked the one about Calgar actually being Omegron......It would explain quite a few things....

a squig
06-05-2009, 09:35
the warp dosnt exist

tyranid are freindly and just want a hug then go out for dinner

Muad'Dib
06-05-2009, 12:30
Horus is actually the one placed on the Golden Throne.

Nicha11
06-05-2009, 12:43
Commissar Gaunt is acutally Abaddon, and Mkoll is Alpharius and Omegon.

Vote Kantor
06-05-2009, 13:08
Alpharious and Omegon are the same person, and there is just infinite copies of alpharious from time travel, omegon is alpharious in disguise. Seriously, omegon is a silly concept, why make 2, when you can make INFINITE!!

Brother Siccarius
06-05-2009, 14:01
Known conspiracy theories:
Horus vs Emperor, what really happened on the barge.
The Star Child Cult
The Illuminati, the real Emperor's Children?
The High Lords, who really rules the Imperium?
The Inquisition who are a conspiracy theory on their own, without further comment.
Russ and the 13th
The Lion, the Cypher, the sword, and the Voice of the Emperor.
Who are the Ork "Brainboyz".
Who is "Orkimedez"
Where is Cammorage (SP?)
The Black Library, how much knowledge is in it?

landingshortly
06-05-2009, 14:28
real?..........:wtf:

I think Lion is not coming back. but every dark angel believe he is..............yeah, how about i throw u into a exploting planet, and i would like to see u coming back................

heretic!

how can you even spell something like that?

THE ROCK IS MY CHURCH,
AZRAEL, AMBASSADOR OF THE HEAVENS,
BELIAL, SAMMAEL ARE SANCTIFIED IN HIS FAVOR.
FOR THE LION SHALL RETURN
AND THE UNIVERSE SHALL BURN!

genestealer_baldric
06-05-2009, 14:29
That gw isnt realy destroying Warhammer and 40k.

Elessar
06-05-2009, 16:13
One that 'Legion' has given us. Did the Alpha Legion actually turn?

Hrw-Amen
06-05-2009, 18:10
How about those who invented 40K are really from the 41st M and have travelled back in time to prevent the 40K universe from ever coming to pass. Perhaps by killing the Emperor in our time before he has a chance to become the emperor. Then again maybe the emperor gets his ideas for the future of mankind by playing 40K nowadays. Maybe he is even a member of this forum and we are all helping shape his image of the future!

GeneralDisaster
06-05-2009, 18:13
Horus was a man that wanted humans to be free

Sunds like the Cybrans from Supreme Commander.

Go Dostya! Go Brackman! Go and sod off, Hex5!

Vaulkhar
06-05-2009, 18:18
The real traitor was the Lion.

*ducks*

Awilla the Hun
06-05-2009, 19:41
Jurgen's a lost Primach!

I mean really, think about it. He has his meltagun (as destructive as any weapon wielded by one of those power armour wearing nancy boys.) He has his blankness, which is insanely rare.

"But," you all cry, "he's an ugly Baldrick type figure!"

Well, that's what the Emperor wanted you to think. He didn't want his guys to get murdered on some off chance, so he makes him look totally innocuous. Does Cain ever know where he comes from really? No.

Maybe, the Emperor had plans of revealing his great Marine Homeworld thing later, but he ran out of time, and by the time the High Lords took notice, Valhalla had been meteorited to dust...

Kraxis
06-05-2009, 20:08
Slaneesh is in love with Khorne. (nobody heard this before, right:rolleyes:)

Oh a real one: the traitor was the Emperor. Driven insane by Chaos, he revolted against what he created. Horus took the great gamble of allying with Chaos in order to bring down the REAL traitors. The ones that actually took the Emperors sanity was the Laughing god, and the Tau Empire is merely a decoy for the soon-to-emerge race "gnobzlol", who plan to take the galaxy in Sanginius' name.

Yeeeah right.:rolleyes:

HK-47
06-05-2009, 21:56
I got some

The C'tan did it.

Chaos did it.

The Old Ones did it.

The Emperor's real name is bob.

Also one of the missing primarchs was a lady named Hecate. :D

Hamarpain
06-05-2009, 22:14
The Emperor was working in a Kebab Shop, maybe in Germany or Finland. When you see 2,5 meter giant, you know thatīs him.

landingshortly
06-05-2009, 23:42
Slaneesh is in love with Khorne. (nobody heard this before, right:rolleyes:)

Oh a real one: the traitor was the Emperor. Driven insane by Chaos, he revolted against what he created. Horus took the great gamble of allying with Chaos in order to bring down the REAL traitors. The ones that actually took the Emperors sanity was the Laughing god, and the Tau Empire is merely a decoy for the soon-to-emerge race "gnobzlol", who plan to take the galaxy in Sanginius' name.

Yeeeah right.:rolleyes:

oh come on, slaanesh would do it with everybody, that horny son of a gun ...

Drogmir
06-05-2009, 23:43
The year is actually 70,000 and Warhammer 40,000 is an interactive history lesson taught about the fate of humanity by the Alien Overlords of Xenanu as a lesson how not to run your species.

Pooky
07-05-2009, 01:07
One conspiracy theory I heard, that isn't retarded, is that the Emperor is the god of Chaos Undivided... Think about it...

DouglasDanger
07-05-2009, 05:49
One conspiracy theory I heard, that isn't retarded, is that the Emperor is the god of Chaos Undivided... Think about it...

I'm thinking.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Drogmir
07-05-2009, 06:04
I'm thinking.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

same here.

In fact it's pretty hard to believe that his soul is floating around the the warp already. Not to say that he's a Chaos God of Everything.

IMO Chaos Undivided should mean worshiping Chaos as a whole and the idea of Chaos is CHAOS!

Leading to Malal of course :D

Born Again
07-05-2009, 06:09
What about Squa

=][=PURGED FOR HERESY=][=

Seriously though, the Emperor is being held prisoner by the high lords. Horus wasn't the traitor, he found out that Guilliman and the other so called "loyalists" were planning to overthrow the Emperor, so he fought his way back to Terra to save him. He was mortally wounded by Sanguinis when the Emperor showed up, who after killing the traitorous angel was captured by Dorn.

That's actually interesting and totally plausible.

Ddraiglais
07-05-2009, 07:11
The AdMech worship a C'tan god.

hawo0313
07-05-2009, 10:54
OK this is a weird one but it was the first unique thing I could think of Rogal dorn was actually tainted by chaos at the siege of terra he rigged the teleportation so that sanguinius would die fighting horus then led the emperor to horus betrayed him but the psychic backlash of such a powerful psyker paralyzed horus he then claimed that horus's disfigured remains were those of the emperor and horus was completely obliterated (after hiding the emperors dead body) and it is infact horus who sits on the golden throne later Dorn faked his death and fled to the eye of terror leaving horus to slowly corrupt mankind.

see farfetched but hey arent all conspiracy theories

Vote Kantor
07-05-2009, 11:37
That gw isnt realy destroying Warhammer and 40k.

HERETIC!! YOU WILL BURN!!:chrome:

hugsforthebloodgod
07-05-2009, 11:44
How about:- 40k is actually the future of the Star Trek universe?

After about 1000 years of exploration all our alien 'friends' in the Federation betray us. Then they get wiped out in the beginnings of the great crusade. Armageddon is actually Vulkan after we genocided all Spocks descendants. Space Marines wiped out the Borg and the Mechanicus stole their technology. The last Enterprise was eaten by deamons after trying to go to warp during the birth of Slaneesh without a Gellar Field.

Wesley Crusher is the Emperor.

Nonalyth
07-05-2009, 12:29
The Eldar Laughing God is really the Deceiver.

Vote Kantor
07-05-2009, 12:31
The emperor is a commisar in a random guard army, and when he dies, his soul transfers to another commisar, that is why he can execute anyone. even calgar.

Born Again
07-05-2009, 13:01
How about:- 40k is actually the future of the Star Trek universe?

After about 1000 years of exploration all our alien 'friends' in the Federation betray us. Then they get wiped out in the beginnings of the great crusade. Armageddon is actually Vulkan after we genocided all Spocks descendants. Space Marines wiped out the Borg and the Mechanicus stole their technology. The last Enterprise was eaten by deamons after trying to go to warp during the birth of Slaneesh without a Gellar Field.

Wesley Crusher is the Emperor.

No. Just... no. :eyebrows:

Nero
07-05-2009, 13:13
Yay, crazy conspiracy theories! What about the battle between the Emperor and Horus?

So, the Emperor is a ruthless, genocidal warlord who has conquered and obliterated countless worlds. He is driven to reclaiming humanity's place in the galaxy at the cost of all else, even if it means the deaths of billions who refuse his rule.

He creates his sons, the Primarchs. He leaves them all at the ass end of the galaxy fighting forever until battle eventually will claim them all. That's fitting with his character - humanity comes before his own happiness and his own sons' lives.

Horus rebels. The Emperor refuses to believe it.

Horus unites half the Imperium behind him, threatening all that the Emperor has built with destruction. The Emperor believes he can still save Horus.

Horus kills his fellow brother Primarchs and marines, and countless billions of Imperial citizens. The Emperor believes he can still save Horus.

Horus besieges Terra, and personally kills Sanguinius. The Emperor sees Horus standing over Sanguinius' body while laughing and proclaiming his eternal allegiance the Chaos. Then Horus starts ripping the Emperor's organs out. The Emperor believes he can still save Horus.

Uh... huh. This sure seems consistent with the Emperor's personality! He's perfectly content to leave Horus to inevitably die in battle on the other side of the galaxy for the sake of humanity, but refuses to personally kill him after Horus threatens humanity with extinction?

Then the real kicker. Random joe schlub Space Marine turns up, and Horus kills him. This is the turning point for the Emperor. Horus killing Sanguinius? Horus killing all those billions of citizens? Hundreds of other Space Marines? Pfff!

BUT DEAR GOD NOT RANDOM UNNAMED SPACE MARINE, NOOOO!

Then the Emperor blasts Horus with his uber psychic powahs which he could totally have done at any point and which ends the battle straight away and all the chaos space marines run away the end.

Right. Anyone believe that isn't blatant imperial propaganda? No? Thought not.

What actually happened is up for debate. Perhaps Horus killed the Emperor, then Dorn captured the weakened Horus? With no-one to channel the Astronomicon, Dorn forced Horus to do it, and it's Horus sitting on the Golden Throne.

Perhaps Horus was about to kill the Emperor, when the Chaos Gods yanked his soul into the warp (they had a pretty firm grasp upon it)? After all, why would they go to all the trouble of destroying the Emperor only to leave Horus to take up his mantle? Better to leave the Emperor crippled and incapable of meddling in their realm, but alive so that the Imperium wouldn't dissolve into infighting (they need humanity to survive, after all). Dorn finds the Emperor crippled, and Horus' corpse and draws his own conclusions...

Who knows? It's conspiracylicious!

Quetch
07-05-2009, 13:58
The Emperor's real name is bob.

Also one of the missing primarchs was a lady named Hecate. :D

the emperors real name is tracy :p

Phenski
07-05-2009, 14:52
Chuck Norris is the Emperor!

Phenski
07-05-2009, 14:55
But seriously, craziest conspiracy theory...

Tom Cruise and Scientology are right.

Eeeekkk!

genestealer_baldric
07-05-2009, 15:13
HERETIC!! YOU WILL BURN!!:chrome:

what???

i swore to tell the truth
the whole truth
and nothing but the truth
so help me hive mind

Xisor
07-05-2009, 16:03
Battle-Captain Nathaniel Garro, Hero of Isstvan is a Grey Knight

Srsly. Page 339 HH:CV, Ula, Doom of Heroes. Cross it with all the other Garro stuff and also with the artist, John Gravato, being explicitly thanked in Flight of the Eisenstein etc.

(I'm not saying he is a member of that chapter, but in that picture I see a Garro-like chappy, wearing what looks like stripped-down, grey Custodes armour sans all the 'cool decoration', wielding a halberd-bolter and fighting a daemon...)