PDA

View Full Version : Kislev

dijit80
06-05-2009, 17:48
Well a quick question how would you guys feel about Empire including Kislev forces from the old army list some years back (the one that was on the website)? Has anyone any experience with them? 'Cos the allied contingent rules seem to cripple their uses to me.

The Red Scourge
06-05-2009, 17:57
Do it.

Weren't they originally a part of the empire army list – along with halflings and hot pots and what nots :)

MTUCache
06-05-2009, 18:01
Exactly which models are you thinking of?

Most of the models do have some way of getting into the list currently without using the Allied contingent rules, either as alternatives to current Empire units or as DoW units.

Then again, as a "house rules" game, I don't think I'd have a problem with anything other than the Tzarina. None of their units was what you would call "overpowered" for their points.

Griefbringer
06-05-2009, 18:14
I presume the OP to be referring to the 6th edition Ravening Hordes Empire list.

dijit80
06-05-2009, 18:37
No not the ravening hordes list, it was one that came from the website and whitedrawf with rules for adding them as 'allied contingents'. I can't quite remember exactly when from but its maybe 5-6 years ago, maybe longer. I guess I could post them up here since they were once freely available for download (?).
The main issue is the bow armed light cav, I'd like more than the 2 slots from DoW and non-barded heavy cav for an Araby themed force.

Keller
06-05-2009, 19:15
The main issue is the bow armed light cav, I'd like more than the 2 slots from DoW and non-barded heavy cav for an Araby themed force. Just play as Dogs of War then. Core Light cav horse-archers, Core Heavy Cav w/ optional barding.

But, I think as a house rule, including the Kislev units in an Empire army would be fine. Or better yet, just use Empire with a Kislev detachment, then you don't even need a house rule for it.

1 Empire character to be General; 3+ Empire Core, the rest can be made of Kislev or Empire units; you just need to watch your specials/rares/heros limitations and include atleast 1 Boyar to lead the Contingent. The only downside is the Kislev and Empire units are independent of each other, essentially counting as 2 armies (no shared Ld boosts, can't join other units)

dijit80
06-05-2009, 19:28
I'd considered DoW as the base army, but pikes are too expensive for what they do and the lack of a decent magic item list makes them too weak.
Why no why did they drop Kislev as part of the standard Empire Army? With them it was possible to do so much more.

Condottiere
06-05-2009, 19:29
Kislev units do have slightly better stats and rules than default DoW.

Gillburg
07-05-2009, 04:31
i use my kislev as dow