PDA

View Full Version : Starting 2nd army

tacoo
06-05-2009, 23:30
Ok i was figuring i would start another army but im not sure wich army to pick. so far the armys i wont pick are as follow

Necrons(already have played, and there taking a back seat till new codex)
Normal space marines
Chaos daemons(already own army)
daemonhunters
Imperial Guard

Armys i am thinking of

Space wolves (long fangs seem good at ranged, and packs of bloodclaws hiding powerfist are good at range)

Tyranids

eldar (this is iffy, it depends on if my friend stops playing them)

CEO Kasen
07-05-2009, 02:43
Space Wolves have by far the most awesome personality of the three, from my perspective.

And they're not a bad list. And they're getting a 5th ed revamp very soon!

Hood
07-05-2009, 02:55
How about Black Templar or Dark Angels? They have a nice theme as well!

Hicks
07-05-2009, 03:41
Not much info to guide our vote, so I'll say nids just because I like them more than the other choices. ;)

Ubermensch Commander
07-05-2009, 03:43
'Nids. It will give you a different style of play for your army that what you already have.

I would say Eldar, but your notes made it sound as if you aren't too keen on them.

Gensuke626
07-05-2009, 03:48
Orks...oh wait...They're not up for consideration...umm...if you've already done Necrons and Chaos Demons, might I suggest Eldar or Tyranids for a change of pace?

Tyranids are good because you can run them as a Horde Army, vastly different experience compared to Crons and Demons.

Eldar can give you Hyper mobility, something else that Crons and Demons don't have in great amounts. I mean, yeah, Crons can be mobile, but generally they're not. Eldar are also very fragile, which means you have to really think about what you're doing.

CEO Kasen
07-05-2009, 04:16
Well, it's probably better to ask exactly why you're considering those armies, and what you see as potential benefits.

Corpse
07-05-2009, 04:31
Existing armies that you own can be bolstered to fit all the roles of the armies you want to consider. Why just grab another MEQ force, or force that daemons rival, or otherwise?

You have DH, SM and IG, why not complete the circle with WH? So many diversities with one list is endless when you combine all of them in your options. (I know not all 4 can be used in same force) but hey, they work great together.

Dont forget Kroot mercs (for IG).

Keep with the allies and you can build up all kinds of lists.

Other then that, I would say space wolves, since they can use DH, and share the exterminators.

Beyond that, if you really ARE sick of 3+ save armies.

Do Tyranids.
(I would suggest tyranids first, but after seeing what you already own I put them last on the choice of the three, 1WH // 2SW // 3Tyr)

tacoo
07-05-2009, 18:54
Ok the reason that those armys are currently being considered by me is that they can be good at ranged or melee, offer alot of varity (after doing daemons and crons, i am Really tired of almost 0 options), and seem fun in general

Nids': cheap ranged squads of huge sizes that comback or dont comback but are powerful, and of course there melee is awsome

SW: long fangs weapon loadout, and the ability to fire at different targets, plus bloodclaws awsome melee, HQ rule, andWolf guards

Eldar: can get extremely powerful ranged or melee. this is lest likly of the preferred armys due to the fact that i dont find there basic troops that intresting.