PDA

View Full Version : Count as Legion of the Damned

Ajamax5
07-05-2009, 01:15
I want to use A legion of the damned squad cimbined with Lysander. I don't think it'd be over powered but I wanted something other than terminators for relentless bolters. I would model them as Imperial Fist's first company veterans with stormshields. They use the teleporters on the Phalanx which should explain the deep strike, something like how Grey knights deep strike. Is this too deviant for most people, my group would accept it but I'm just looking for a second opinion.

SimonL
07-05-2009, 01:22
Cool, I give you the thumbs up! I love creative counts-as.

Hellebore
07-05-2009, 04:18
Excellent. Four thumbs up from me.

Hellebore

SimonL
07-05-2009, 04:37
I was thinking of doing something like this myself, but with cyborg/forcefields. Having a bunch of zombie-ghost-marines following my Chapter around doesn't really fit my personal fluff lol

Ubermensch Commander
07-05-2009, 04:41
Its a fine idea, just be sure to tell your opponents that before the game starts to avoid any unfortunate scenarios.

"So your tactical squad/sternguard squad there with Lysander"
"Nope! Lost and the Damned!"
"wait huh? Wheres the fire? The skulls?"
"oh yeah....about that"

genestealer_baldric
07-05-2009, 07:50
well lysnader is undead so yeah rock on, he been alive and killed of more times than a poor soap villian

Ajamax5
07-05-2009, 12:12
Great, a new modelling project starts. Thanks, and I never thought about Lysander being undead but it might as well be true reading over his background, I remember when he was just a kickarse seargent.

Robby Moonscape
17-05-2009, 17:31
Pretty cool :)

Grimtuff
17-05-2009, 18:06
Its a fine idea, just be sure to tell your opponents that before the game starts to avoid any unfortunate scenarios.

"So your tactical squad/sternguard squad there with Lysander"
"Nope! Lost and the Damned!"
"wait huh? Wheres the fire? The skulls?"
"oh yeah....about that"

Erm, you mean LEGION of the Damned right? ;)

LATD are a whole different kettle of fish!

Petay1985
17-05-2009, 20:24
i love the idea of them being first company veterans, the deep striking from the phalanx thing is genius!

just to facilitate the arguement of a potential fluff nazi: how would you explain the 'slow and purposeful' ?

i'm loving the whole idea though, fantastic!!

Col. Tartleton
17-05-2009, 20:46
i love the idea of them being first company veterans, the deep striking from the phalanx thing is genius!

just to facilitate the arguement of a potential fluff nazi: how would you explain the 'slow and purposeful' ?

i'm loving the whole idea though, fantastic!!

Dramatic Bad Ass Murderer Walk and Unerring Accuracy

Petay1985
17-05-2009, 20:50
Dramatic Bad Ass Murderer Walk and Unerring Accuracy

nice, i was thinking something similar, along the lines of lysnader's trained them to be fearless and be patient in their battle style, patient hunter and all that (that wasn't intended to be as Tau sounding in my head).