PDA

View Full Version : Lady Luck moments

Classical Mushroom
07-05-2009, 03:59
Hi i just though id start a tread about lucky moments in some of your games.
Just got the idea after a game i played recently against a nurgle daemon player.

I had a unit of 5 crypt ghouls charge his great unclean one (as you do :p) and managed to cause 7 wounds on the beast . He then splatted 3 of my ghouls and lost combat by 3 and then failed his Instability test :D

what about you guys? any really lucky moments

Toads77
07-05-2009, 04:25
I had a unit of bloodknights charge a unit of thunderers who were right in front of the dwarf lord's unit of hammers. Predictably the blood knights win the fight, and rundown the stuntys, however the dwarf lord's unit fail their panic test, then fail the re-roll due to the longbeards standing right beside him, then rolls more then enough to flee off the table edge. Basically the game was over by turn 2, it wasn't very fun :cries:

Necromancy Black
07-05-2009, 06:58
Last turn of the game, my lizzies vs orcs. We were both down a single unit each: my saurus and his Boys. Who ever got the charge off was going to win.

It was his turn, he was about 3-4 inches away and I was in his LOS.

He rolled a 1 on Animosity.

I charged, broke and ran him down.

That single dice roll won me the game. That's also when I realised how much Animosity kills O&G.

hfb
07-05-2009, 08:54
My Saurus Scar Vet was in clear LOS of 2 Reaper Bolt Throwers who had been giving my EotG a hard time the whole game.

2 shots hit and wound, followed by 2 successful 6+ Ward Saves. Went on to munch through those bolt throwers like leftover dinner and allow the EotG to burninate his Blackguard to pieces.

Best 15pts on Talisman of Protection EVER.

Nicha11
07-05-2009, 09:34
A tooled up unit of Khorne warrior charges my skinks behind a defended obstacle.
Can anyone say 70pts of Skinks runs down 200pts of warriors?:evilgrin:

havoc626
07-05-2009, 09:55
My WLC has killed my general (after he fails his look out sir! roll) several times after the thing has misfired and shot through my ranks. Does that count, as it is a type of luck, even if it is bad?

Mind you, I've also had that happen, only for it to be the enemy general be the one killed.

badgeraddict
07-05-2009, 10:07
Almost every Blessing of the Lady save I have to make. Seriously.

One of my favourite Lady Luck moments was when my Bretonnian Lord out challenged out by a Dwarf Lord. We both had one wound left. I had higher Initiative so my Lord struck first and wiffed his attacks. I thought I was doomed. The Dwarf Lord wiffed also. Then along comes my trusty steed who kicked the living snot out of the Dwarf Lord with his W3 S3 attack. Got right through the standard 1+ AS & 4 Ward. Brilliant.

Dragon Mage flying about zapping stuff with fireballs, a Dark Elf Sorceress zaps him back for 3 wounds. Saved them all on 6's with the Guardian Pheonix. Nice.

Men-at-Arms Champion wounding an Ogre Tyrant, tipping CR in my favour. Tyrant breaks and runs 2", I swarm him with the now 20 strong unit.

Sure I have loads more moments like this, I'll re-post if I remember more.

Great thread.

EvC
07-05-2009, 12:58
I think my luckiest moment was when my Vampire Lord passed 7 4+ wards from crumbling to survive and win the game.

Mind you, the only reason the enemy got the charge on her unit and wiped it out to crumble her was:
a) The unit was Savage Orc Boar Boy Big Uns, and I had cast Curse of Years on them. It got to the point where the spell was killing on 3+, and I managed to kill just 2 members of the unit... no, not in the 3+ turn, in ALL of the turns leading up to that point!
b) My Lord failed stupidity two turns in a row, so unable to cast or move properly.
c) Her unit was still far enough away that the Orcs couldn't charge.
d) The Boar Boyz passed animosity, just enough for the charge.

All in all odds of about 1000-1 for him, and 150-1 to me, so I was still vastly less lucky than my opponent ;)

GuyLeCheval
07-05-2009, 13:04
Well, A unit trolls charging of stupididty into his general's unit. They eat the unit and kill the general. Does that count?

Crube
07-05-2009, 13:06
Last edition - my Empire vs Dwarfs

Turn 1, cannon shot towards a unit of warriors, containing the big meaty special character (forget his name...)

landed infront of him, and bounced through the unit. he failed his Look out Sir roll, failed his 2+armour save... took 6 wounds. Also took out enough dwarfs to force a panic test.

Which he failed. As did the 3 other units in the vicinity :D

Oh, and the Misfiring Helblaster that fired all 9 barrels causing 46 wounds on a unit of goblins (back when a misfire on the first shot resulted in all 9 barrels going off.)

selone
07-05-2009, 13:08
Guy, How can that be?

Necromancy Black
07-05-2009, 13:42
The number of times my mate Dave as gotten a cannon, gone "hmmm.....46 inches" then rolled a 10 on the first dice to land smack bam onto of an enemy peice of warmachine is starting to become annoying for everyone.

Friend also had two combats he need to roll double 1's to avoid having the entire middle of his army running away and getting lost of flanking by Ogres. Made both without a BSB.

Geep
07-05-2009, 13:57
My two greatest instances of luck would have to be:

My goblin wolf riders recieve a direct hit from a Mortar- I think the central hole was on a goblin character in the unit, and every other model (in a unit of 10) was hit.
The unit didn't take a single wound.

My last remaining unit in my Orc and Goblin army was a basic unit of Orc Warriors with two choppas, and they were engaged with ironbreakers and dwarf warriors with a general and BSB (I think). Both dwarf units were to the front, and it was my last turn. Through mad dice rolling I won the combat, both dwarven units broke and ran, I pursued the general's unit and killed them- taking the Battle Standard in the process.
Horrible game loss became a win in one ridiculous combat round...

WarlockOMork
07-05-2009, 14:50
Killing a Vamp General with a single lucky fanatic.

Holding up a unit of Chaos warriors of khorne(not marauders, the good stuff :p) with a unit of night goblins and nets an entire game (a good 4-5 turns). Nets, and double 1 ld tests ftw.

Stomping an entire Dwarf gunline with 1 Warpath cast. (and in doing so bypass all those magic resistance effects they had :p)

Squashing Malakith (you know the Uber High, Dread lord of Dark elves), First turn, with a Suprise powerstoned(using 3dice), Foot of gork(9+ to cast) spell.
(the Dude has MR2)(and if he succeeds in dispelling your goblin shaman is very dead) Huzzah ~600 point model killed with a ~100 point gobbo.

Cant think of any more moments that where exceedingly lucky atm.

Edit: tought of another.

EndlessBug
07-05-2009, 14:58
Wiping out a 29/30 man black orcs in one turn. Soul stealer, Black horror and a hydra (was lucky to get both spells off). Soul stealer killed 9, bringing my 1 wound sorceress up to 4 :D, black horror then killed 12 and the hydra breath killed the remaining 8, leaving his black orc warboss alone with a Std bearer. I felt quit bad so i let him charge my cold one knights after that (instead of fleeing and shooting the crap outta them next turn).

Unuhexium
08-05-2009, 21:17
I have no idea why. but my WoC almost NEVER pass ANY LD-test they have to take. Wether it's an occational lost combat or some random panictest (even with re-roll).

On the other hand my warshrine almost always gives me something i need. Mostly +1 A to a unit that just charged.

0ld1eye
08-05-2009, 22:07
3 irresistable Bolt of Change's in one magic phase. No less than 30 S10 hits. Two large block units just melted away. Oh, and to compound the insult, an irresistable glean magic which stole cleansing flare - this was against lizardmen - and killed 2 salamanders and an unfortunate flying skink wizard.

zak
08-05-2009, 22:35
My Chaos Exalted on disc missed all attacks on the Hydra he has just charged (He was armed with the weapon that reduces str and tough to 2). He then broke and was charged in the following turn. I was just over 6" away from the edge of the table so if I rolled over 6 I would flee off the board, but if rolled less than 6 I would get caught by the pursuing Hydra. So basically I had to roll 6 on 3 dice or I was meat. I promptly rolled the dice thinking I had no chance and up came the dice with a 3,2 and 1. I was saved. I then moved on to my turn and failed to rally and fled off the board. From very happy to very sad in seconds!

bob_the_small
08-05-2009, 22:40
A friend and I have created the rally phase for dark riders, we cannot pass their LD tests!

swarmofseals
08-05-2009, 23:15
Well, I've never participated in a FB game that was even remotely close, so I'll have to pull a story from 40k

The scene: round three of my very first tournament. I had brought a well balanced Eldar force (3rd edition) -- a farseer, some storm guardians and dire avengers, a couple of vypers, a squad each of banshees, fire dragons, striking scorpions, two wave serpents, a wraithlord and maybe a squad of reapers. That was the vague list at least. In the first round I had triumphed over an Eldar monstrosity with three wraithlords. I had also won the second round, although I have no memory of it.

There were two undefeated players left after the second round -- myself and a Dark Eldar player. We were matched against each other and I knew it would be spectacular. Two fragile but offensively potent armies matched up would surely be a bloodbath, and the game did not disappoint.

On the last turn, my farseer stood alone against his last remaining model -- a talos. My farseer couldn't survive another wound, but if he survived one round of attacks I would win by the narrowest of margins. It all came down to one saving throw, which I made. I don't remember the value, but it was an outside chance.

In the final tally, I came in second place by one point behind a veteran. I was very happy with this despite feeling like I should have taken first (I had lost out mainly on painting, which I received a below average score on from the one judge who was scoring all the painting, despite the fact that I had been getting raves all day about how good they looked.) ... and it all came down to that one lucky throw.

therat
08-05-2009, 23:28
One time I had a unit of 6 gutter runners take out 7 chosen knights of Khorne. They just wiped them out, we didn't even get to do combat res. The hordes of Chaos could feel the fury of the Horned Rat that day I can tell you!

Geep
09-05-2009, 05:46
I remember another time- my first experience with Empire, and I had taken a lot of artillery.
I was facing Dwarfs, and all was going well until a unit of 20 miners showed up on the flank, with all of my artillery as the obvious target of their attack. I pivotted a hellblaster at them (the only model with a good LOS to the unit), rolled three 10's for the number of shots (back when no roll to hit was needed) and the dwarf unit disappeared... I think that game was a massacre.

sholcomb
09-05-2009, 05:53
Once had an opponent's wayward fanatic single handedly kill Grimgore Ironhide, in the last turn of the game, when he was finally going to see combat, just after his charge declaration.

snurl
09-05-2009, 08:25
My opponents warpfire thrower blew up once, and everything it didn't kill ran away. This was on turn 2.

GuyLeCheval
09-05-2009, 08:43
Guy, How can that be?

House rules, house rules.

Alathir
09-05-2009, 09:36
The other day I played a game of my High Elves vs. my friends Tomb Kings... THREE times during the match I needed to roll two 6's on two dice for various things to stay alive or get spells through... each time I said 'I need a double 6!' before I rolled it and got it. Needless to say my opponent was devastated by this...

Also, my Phoenix Guard once passed 9/10 4+ ward saves..

And to top it off my Archers have beaten Blood Knights to death...

isidril93
09-05-2009, 11:47
i needed to roll a six
i rolled one
since my opponent was in a bad mood and had not seen the roll i decided to reroll and fail on porpose
i rolled a six...and another...and another

i just gave up and won

Dvnjhn
09-05-2009, 20:59
Charged 14 high elf archers, with 3 dragon ogres and 5 chaos knights. Caused 1 wound and I lost 3 wounds and then the combat res. Both Fled of the table (or one did and he caught the other ones).

Makaber
09-05-2009, 21:39
I don't normally like these kinds of threads, because one "... and then I made a one in a million roll!" story after the other tends to get samey and diminish the astoundingness of each one. So I'll try to make mine a bit interesting by wrapping in in a little story.

I was playing a friend (T10 in fact) with my Warriors of Chaos army, against his Daemons. Normally we don't play a lot of Daemons around here becuase they don't normally make for a fun game, but he'd brought the damn thing, and even dug up a really old school Keeper of Secrets model, two heads and everything, to use as Kairos Fateweaver (whom he'll still claim to this day isn't worse to play against than a normal Keeper. But then again, he never tried).

I'm not one to let my desire to win eclipse my need for a fun game, so I don't field too hardcore armies, going more with that I think is fun, than what I think is good. So in this case, I'd brought a Shaggoth with me. However, once the game starts, it's all business, especially against this particular army, because it's given all my friends a sound beating, and I got (had) a perfect track record against Daemons.

So, the game commences, I feel I got a good thing going, two rounds in I've withstood the magic offense and I'm in a position where I feel I have the upper hand before launching The Assault. And then everything turns pearshaped. Kairos fails to cast a spell, but I Black Tounge it into a miscast. He then rolls really low on the Miscast table and is in danger of getting Puppet-modified into a snake eyes, when he uses his reroll ability. Denied of my chance, I get to cast one of my own spells again, so I chose Infernal Gateway, on said Kairos ... and rolls 10 for Strength, which is, of course, one too low. And with his Ward save, all I'm inflicting is a single wound.

And so it goes for the rest of the game. A spectacular double charge is met with a really good Instability test, and one model remains, halting my overrun. The Fear test on the crucial charge fails by 1. The Chaos Lord loses combat by the tiniest of margins, and barely fails his break test.

So we're at the end of the game, and I'm playing on more of common courtesy than any real illusions of being able to achieve anything. So I put my hands akimbo, and have a bit of a grumble about how the game turned out. "It's not that I feel I did anything wrong", I gripe. "And I haven't rolled horrendeously low either, it's just that whenever there's been a margin involved, it's gone in your favout". T10 looks at the table. "Well, the game's not entirely over yet, you still have the Shaggoth and the other crap. Maybe some of thsoe margins will go in your favour this time!", he says. I look at the Shaggoth. It's been charged by five Flesh Hounds in the front, a Beast of Nurgle in the side, and Seekers of Slaanesh in the rear. "Margins?", I moan. "More like, the impossible odds will have to go in my favout!".

And the Shaggoth proceeds to not only kill the Beast of Nurgle and half the Flesh Hound regiment, but makes 9 of 10 6+ saves on one remaining wound, and passes all its break tests with ease.

W0lf
09-05-2009, 23:50
Today around 3 i lost a game...

turn 4, victory is easily within reach, lord goes for 2 dice cast of danse (last 2 PD and she has skullstaff). Miscast.

Thats fine, right? roll on table.. double 1.

Oh dear, funny as it cost me the game when id undoubtly won lol.

Nuada
09-05-2009, 23:55
My most fortunate moment was my treeman charging a Varghulf.

All 5 attacks hit and wound, then he failed 4 regen saves.

The Treeman overruns into a graveguard unit already engaged to the flank.

He attacks again and directs all his attacks to the vampire lord in the front rank.

Kills the vampire general, VC army starts to crumble.

Lorcryst
10-05-2009, 10:37
I usually suffer from horrid luck, but once I had a real break :

At the start of 7th Ed, before the new High Elf book, I was playing against a friend's HE with a "gobbos and warmachines" greenskin horde ...

First turn, after getting misfires with my two Rock Lobbas, it was time for my Doom Diver to let fly ... I aimed at an unit of Archers with his Archmage-turned-General beside it (the pain that was the Intrigue at Court table ...), guessed marvelously well (right on top of the champion of the unit), and then the scatter+D3" correction went my way : the Doom Diver landed right on the Archmage, doing three wounds and killing him outright ... the Archers and a nearby Repeater Bolt Thrower panicked out of the table, too ... 80 points of crazed gobbo getting rid of 600+ points of pointy ears was a hoot !

Never since had I such luck again, my Doom Divers cannot kill anything since then.

Elblanco
11-05-2009, 01:33
Yesterday I had a 2000 pt game with my lizardmen against a high elf player. In the second or third turn, he had a unit of 8 dragon princes in a forest heading for a block of my saurus warriors. I tried to charge, and failed, ending up with the block mere inches away from the princes. Then i moved onto my magic phase and was able to have my slann channel spirit of the forge through my skink priest. I rolled an 11 for the 2d6 and killed all of them!

Nicha11
11-05-2009, 01:35
Yesterday i had the most awesome lady luck moment.

My skink priest on EOTG charges some Knights (with support from Krox).
The knights are all wiped out, then my opponents horde on jugger strikes back.

He targets the Stegadon and kills it, but i still win combat.

He turns to flee and runs 5, my priest on foot leaps forward and runs him down!

badgeraddict
14-05-2009, 10:33
My Chaos Exalted on disc missed all attacks on the Hydra he has just charged (He was armed with the weapon that reduces str and tough to 2). He then broke and was charged in the following turn. I was just over 6" away from the edge of the table so if I rolled over 6 I would flee off the board, but if rolled less than 6 I would get caught by the pursuing Hydra. So basically I had to roll 6 on 3 dice or I was meat. I promptly rolled the dice thinking I had no chance and up came the dice with a 3,2 and 1. I was saved. I then moved on to my turn and failed to rally and fled off the board. From very happy to very sad in seconds!

That was amusing to watch. :D

Venkh
14-05-2009, 11:17
Last night, my turn 6.

My hydra was in combat with my opponents Slann and his one remaining Temple bodyguard.

I won combat. He rolled snakeyes.

Next turn he attempts to cast beast cowers on 5 dice. Snakeyes.

Rolls on the miscast table Snakeyes again.

The finest coincidence i ever saw was on the table next to me ages ago.

My mates first game of 7th ed with his old VC.

He gets first turn, moves and picks up the dice for the first time in 7th.

Tries to cast Invocation - Snakeyes
Result on miscast - Snakeyes

Scratch 1 vampire lord

The Red Scourge
14-05-2009, 14:17
Lady Luck smiled at my opponent the other day.

My treeman got to charge the flank of a unit of DE CoK with his general, failed to even hit the the lucky knight, lost to a musician (outnumber vs. flank) and got run down after failing his break test. That gnarled old root took my perfectly good massacre and reduced it to the humiliating result of only a solid victory :P

Or the time when my disc tzeentch sorceror charged a great cannon crew, failed to even scratch their belt buckles, broke and landed right on top of a unit of crossbowmen – luckily I had a Daemon Prince flying around blasting Infernal Gateways left and right to save that game. The game also saw a few units of imperial huntsmen continuously stopping the charges of flailing marauder horsemen, breaking them and running them down.

Or the time my Dragon Ogres, after cunningly having clogged the wheels of a steam tank with the carcasses of warhounds, readied their great weapons and failed their fear test...

Or the nurgle sorceror general who took two bolts right through his eyeslits on the first turn and croaked.

Or the glade riders that had a shooting gallery with a grave guard unit – while the grave guard stubbornly refused any attempts at re-invocation.

Or the glade guard that shot down a steam tank (or at least wreaked it enough to have it run itself apart, so my treeman could tear it apart).

MSU
14-05-2009, 17:12
WoC vs Lizards

Turn one: my nurgle sorc miscasts, his skink priest miscasts
Turn two: my nurgle sorc miscasts again, my Tz sorc lord miscasts, hellcannon misfires and rolls a 3 so all wizards miscast. Two skink priests blow up with a 2 on the miscast chart, slann passes his miscast on a 2+ to my nurgle sorc who then blows up with a 2 (doesnt roll another miscast because he's dead at this point), Tz sorc lord takes a wound
Turn three: I stop casting magic (combat is in my favor), slann miscasts with a 2 and blows up.

GAME OVER.

All miscasts were modified by the Infernal Puppet.

Totals:
Skink Priest 1: 2 miscasts, blew up
Skink Priest 2: 1 miscast, blew up
Slann: 2 miscast, blew up

Nurgle Sorc: 4 miscast (only rolled 3 because he died after the third), blew up
Tz Lord: 2 miscasts, alive at the end of the game

LonelyPath
14-05-2009, 18:08
5 Wraiths chased off half a WoC army. I'd never seen so many 6's rolled for tests, lol. The Vampire Lord pretty much sealed the rest of it taking out the chaos lord and chasing off his personal regiment of warriors.

In another game, through sheer luck a unit of 5 dire wolves held back a unit of 10 chaos knights for 2 turns. So many bad rolls before some chosen joined the fray and sorted out the smelly canines.

Later that game I lost my Vampire lord and managed to keep losses to a absolute minimum every turn for the remainder of the game. Opponent thought the dice were loaded so i used them to try and managed to roll nothing but 6's (making sure he also wiped out my Grave Guard, grr).

Meriwether
14-05-2009, 18:24
Skaven vs. High Elves... about 10 years ago!

Turn one goes to the Skaven. They move forward, except for a WFF team, who thinks it perhaps can get lucky and take out some pointy-ears on a long-range shot. Ready... Aim... Fire!

That is, misfire, spray fuel all over the crew, run 2d6" -- right into the middle of the stormvermin and plague monks -- and then blow up 2d6". Boxcars.

Most of the stormvermin die, as do most of the monks. All six of the censer bearers in front of the plague monks die, as do all but one of the skaven slaves in front of the stormvermin.

Stormvermin and plague monks break and run. The units next to them break and run. So, too, the units next to *them*. With fleeing friendlies within 6" nothing can rally on turn 2, so the high elf player chooses to do nothing because everything is going to run off of the board. So the skaven player is left with one (wounded) grey seer atop a screaming bell with nobody to push it, and has lost the game before the high elf player even took a turn.

Of course, I was the skaven player...

Meri

danny-d-b
14-05-2009, 18:35
I've had some good luck- bret lance was down to a single model- the guy multifired a dark elf bolt thrower at it- 6 1s

the worst luck I had
1st game empire vs O and G
my level 4 fire wizzard was just within 12 of an troll unit (thinking I was out I held, I was less than 1/2 an inch in), then the same troll unit moved 12 inchers forward and I could see his flanks with both my cannons, both over shot to hit the central model, then both failed to bounce before rollling snake eyes to wound

Then both my hallblaster volly guns blow up in the same turn on the 1st barrel

so the game was over in 30 mins

so I swiched to WoC vs dwarfs
best luck- runelord's anvil exploding when trying to move duel miners in to my flanks of my army

worst luck- lone knight chargers ogan gun crew, knight fluffs all his attacks (NOOOOOOOOO)
horse kills a crew men
we all think draw combat
then he rolls a 6 to hit, 6 to wound followed by a 1 armour save
If I wasn't beating him so badly I think I may of cried

jkerms5
19-05-2009, 04:20
in a game today my tree kin got charged by my buddies krox with gw he did 6 wounds and i made all my 5+ ward saves i then did 2 wounds back and broke his unit ran them down.

Alathir
19-05-2009, 07:42
Skaven vs. High Elves... about 10 years ago!

Turn one goes to the Skaven. They move forward, except for a WFF team, who thinks it perhaps can get lucky and take out some pointy-ears on a long-range shot. Ready... Aim... Fire!

That is, misfire, spray fuel all over the crew, run 2d6" -- right into the middle of the stormvermin and plague monks -- and then blow up 2d6". Boxcars.

Most of the stormvermin die, as do most of the monks. All six of the censer bearers in front of the plague monks die, as do all but one of the skaven slaves in front of the stormvermin.

Stormvermin and plague monks break and run. The units next to them break and run. So, too, the units next to *them*. With fleeing friendlies within 6" nothing can rally on turn 2, so the high elf player chooses to do nothing because everything is going to run off of the board. So the skaven player is left with one (wounded) grey seer atop a screaming bell with nobody to push it, and has lost the game before the high elf player even took a turn.

Of course, I was the skaven player...

Meri

Thats got to be one of the most characteristic Skaven performances I've ever heard. Excellent work! :D

danny-d-b
19-05-2009, 07:55
anought game of bad luck
playing Woc vs HEs with tecles

miss cast 4 time in the 1st 4 turns (lucky I brought the puppet)
rolled 10 3 times on 3 dice trying to dispel flames of the phenix which killed my marrauder unit compleatly (apart from caracters) (needed 11+)
all 4 knights died to fury of khain on a bound item (2D6 s4 isn't going to hurt me, 12 hits, 6 wounds, 4 1s) the last knight died to bow fire from 10 elves

mannage to get pandamoum of 3 times, level 2 wizzard didn't miscast once, tecles miscast once and ignored it!

frostbite907
19-05-2009, 08:50
I have 2 from my Space Marines versus Eldar 2 different games. Dreadnought charges a unit of 10 banshee, after the banshee kill Shrike and his unit of assault marines and a full tactical squad. The dreadnought kills 1 banshee. The Eldar player rolls 11 for leadership and 5 on initiative...i roll a 6.

A unit of Dire Avengers piles out and Blade Storm a Tactical squad coming out of a Drop Pod, they are doomed by a farseer 17 inches away. The Dire avengers kill 6 Marines and Charge the Sargent makes his 2 wounds. The Marines lose combat and another 1 dead from combat and 1 from combat res. Next turn the Dire Avengers kill the melta gun and Sarge makes another save. Sarge kills 2 Dire Avengers and Single Handed runs them all down.

OK now for some fantastic.
1500 Points VC vs Dark Elf(me)

VC player rolls up in front of my hydra and my unit of 20 Corsairs with Assassin(hidden) and Mage (also in the unit). VC player does all his magic, with his last 3 dice casts dance on them with the vampire that's in the unit, im saving a scroll for this. He rolls 6, 6 and a 3. I flee with the hydra 3 inches. Hydra dies. My turn the Corsairs frenzies charge the Blood Knights unsupported, after 7 str 6 attack from the assassin no bloodknights are dead, after the 15 some str 3 attacks no blood knights die. The bloodknights kill 12 Coursairs, i lose combat i run, i just lost about 600 points in a 1500 point game. I lose.

Playing Warriors of Chaos vs Lizards(me)
Slan tries to cast fireball turn one first spell of the game...Miscast, roll cupped hand its a 3 it works. Roll a snake eyes on miscast table opponents Wizard dies.

Watching someone else player, Empire vs Skaven.
First Cannon....EXPLODES
2nd Cannon.............EXPLODES
3ed Cannon..................EXPLODES
warplighting cannon.

VS vs Wood Elfs (me)
Charged by a unit of Skeleys and the crazy special character guy that does not count as a mage.
He hits every time, he needs 2s to kill, he proceeds to roll 5 1s.

Warriors of Chaos vs Wood Elfs
Turn 1, he goes first, he casts gate of infinity with 4 dice and rolls a 15, i roll 6 dice and get 14. He proceeds to kill my Treeman Ancient with 1 spell, i get no armor and no ward. I just lost 400 point character, my general and the only thing that could stand to a charge against those damn chaos knights.

VC vs WoodElf
My opponent beats me in combat and i fail my break test. He rolls snake eyes for persuit, i laugh and say wow this is going to be easy. I lose my unit.

Lijacote
19-05-2009, 10:49
Playing Warriors of Chaos vs Lizards(me)
Slan tries to cast fireball turn one first spell of the game...Miscast, roll cupped hand its a 3 it works. Roll a snake eyes on miscast table opponents Wizard dies.

I don't think it works like that, captain. Last I read, you can't transfer a result of 2 on the miscast table.

I could be wrong.

The only time I've seen Lady Luck... the only times... once, a chaos knight of mine beat up a Skaven lord, yeah... not much is it. This was with 6th ed knights. Another time I cast Bolt of Change on a Slann with that silly ward against missiles, scored 10 strength 10 hits and not one got through.

Peregijn
19-05-2009, 12:04
i remeber one momemt.
i was playing with my orcs and goblins aganst a empire player. he points his cannon at my lowly nightgoblin shamen en shoots right on top of it...

than he roled a 1 for wounding... toughest gobbo I ever had in a game

LonelyPath
19-05-2009, 23:30
Warhammer 3rd Edition. I managed to pull off a full power Vorpal Hurricaine of Chaos and not have it dispelled (YAY) only to have the templates move about 3" each, then the next turn they turn back on me and wipe out most of my own army.

Playing as Orcs at a Games Day years and years ago I managed to scatter all my artittary back onto my own units killing most of them.

GD again... Spac Hulk. As Termies I failed to kill a single Statealer, then as Stealers I failed to kill a single Marine. My GD bad luck streak continued for a while past.

Another GD and I managed to win a game of Bloodbowl fielding halflings against Ogres! I beat the guys 4-0 (everyone was amazed I had guys that lived to see the final whistle, let alone win, as was I! lol).

Necromunda myself and 5 other players held a "last man standing" game. Literally the player with the last guy(s) stand was declared the winner. My Pit Slaves were winning and had nearly wiped out all of the other gangs (heh, armour plates and plasma pistols) when they all managed to charge what was left of my gang in copmbat, I thought I was in for the win. However, it was then revealled that in each combat at least 1 enemy had the ability to hurl my guys around, naturally they threw them off the rooftops (the battele was all elevated, we decided the floor was actually 20" below the top level, 6" below the lowest) so my guys plummet to the bottom and all of them survivie, but were out of the game sine they left the table. After that the game ended when a Scavvy took out the last opponent and claimed some mighty fine salvage for his gang (basically it gave the winner 200 credits of weapons and equipment). That Scavvy was superman or something, he beat up 2 gang leaders and a hired gun to get that victory.

Fall from grace
19-05-2009, 23:52
Recently played friend of mine. I used my Orcs'n'Goblins, he used my WoC.

In the final round of the game my Generals unit of Black Orc's(15) was in combat with a big unit of Marauders(30ish) when we got flanked by none other than the Evershosen himself(full wounds). So here I am thinking this is it, Death to the Orc's. My good friend then decides in the spirit of sportsmanship that this would be a good time to fire up the Slayer of Kings, so 10 WS9 S5 attacks with no AS. Rolls to hit 7 1's fluffs his wards and promptly kills himself. Black Orc's slaughter Marauders, run 'em down and win game hurrah.

Drayken
20-05-2009, 01:22
Bad luck count?
Treeman shot my scar vet with his special underground roots thing, 2 hits at S5. He had a 2+ AS. Rolled two double ones.
Good luck:
My two units of saurus were charged, one by 20 plague monks, one by 30 clan rats wt screaming bell. I won both fights and ran both units down. Almost 1000 VP in one turn.

loveless
20-05-2009, 02:16
My BSB challenges a Wood Elf Noble.

Me: "And now Ohlrich shall mash your face in with his hammer."
Friend: "You need 6's to hit, I have that magic item."
Me: "Okay, I'll roll 6's."

I roll, get 3 6's.

Me: "See? I rolled 6's."
Friend: *Rolls eyes and sighs*

eshinkid
22-05-2009, 15:52
I was fighting a empire cannon line. In turn 1 he had 6 cannons by the end of the first turn he only had 2 left and I hadnt done anything. He miss fired and blew up four of his own cannons.

Memnos
22-05-2009, 16:08
I once shot a unit of Dark Elf Skirmishers in the first turn, caused 3 wounds with my Wood Elves.

They fled back, causing panic checks the next turn in 4 units that were within range of a Dark Elf Lord(Ld 10) and 3 Reaper Bolt Throwers.

All fled off the board in that turn, except three units who stayed on. And promptly failed their leadership tests to rally and fled off the board the next turn.

He had one character left - Witch Elf Hag Queen on a Pegasus(Which you can't take, so imagine how long ago this was. ;) I think it was 15 years ago).

Ri-xthoal Lord of Lustira
22-05-2009, 16:10
Mines was Int. test for saurus calvary and pass with 3 ones.

Another thing is I kill a Hydra with only my skink units while shooting at it.

Fire Harte
22-05-2009, 16:11
I once rolled four 6s to dispell. Of course I was already losing but y'know! ;)

FictionalCharacter
22-05-2009, 18:24
last game i played saw my skeletons and general go up against a warrior priest and (i believe) swordsmen. my opponent made something like five consecutive 6+ saves.

he also took a cannon shot at my corpse cart on turn one and missed. it killed my bsb instead, which was worth nearly 1/6 of my total points.

ArghaBlargh
22-05-2009, 18:41
I recall two deeply unlucky events, one for me and one for my opponent.

The one for me was at a Warbands game, and I was playing VC with a Necromancer as general in a unit of skeletons.

The enemy gets the first turn and fires off his trebuchet. A pretty good first guess, but not a direct hit. Roll the artillery dice, and hey, it veers off! It hits smack bang on the head of my general. No problem, Look out Sir! Rolls... a one. My general dies. Half my army crumbles. And I haven't even moved a single model. I concede.

The other thing was even more unlikely. My enemy had brought two cannons. In his first turn he fires one off at me. It misfires. How bad? He rolls a one. Boom! Oh well, there's one more cannon. It misfires. Rolls a... one. Boom!

The probability of two cannons misfiring and then rolling ones in the first turn is 1 to 7766.

Toads77
22-05-2009, 19:58
I just played 2 games last night, both where against the same WOC player.
First game, he goes first, then my turn! I move, then try to raise some skeletons with my lord, fail all three times with the +1 to casting, on the third try though, my opponent uses his black tonque, my vampire lord rolls a 3, with puppet its a 2. GG, reset! Shuffle everything back the 5 inches they moved.
Game 2! I give him a sound thrashing, his bsb with trolls flank my varghulf in combat with 2 chaos knights. The varghulf only has 2 wounds left, his bsb does 4 wounds, I save all but one, then survives all the troll and chaos knight attacks after some poor rolling. Varghulf then choms down on the BSB and kills him!, then in the same combat phase his sorcerer lord on horse gets run down by skeletons! (with my vampire lord who refused every challenge :D) Solid victory for me.

Eulogy2
03-06-2009, 15:21
last night i played against ogres using LM. i set my single razordon within charge range of his scrap launcher and shot at a lone leadblecher and killed it. his next turn he HAS to charge my razordon cause he failed his LD test, razordon gets off 16 shots, ends up with 6 wounds and he only made 1 save killing it before his impact hits mauled my poor puppy:).