PDA

View Full Version : space wolf fluff?

mr.kislev
07-05-2009, 11:24
i was looking into starting a space wolf army and i needed to know what weapons/units they used.

what weapons do they use often?

if i used the normal marine dex which units should i use fluff wise?

for terminaters do they use storm shield and thunder hammer, lightning claws or power fist and storm bolter?

NightrawenII
07-05-2009, 11:27
Short answer:
What YOU want.:)

P.S. There is somewhere thread about this, try a search-fu.

Nightrawen

mr.kislev
07-05-2009, 11:50
i did try a search in this forum.

genestealer_baldric
07-05-2009, 11:51
and you may wana look into the rumour before addding thnuderhammers on your terminators, due to the rumour that SW will not be able to use them

Souleater
07-05-2009, 12:14
Use what you like from the SM codex keeping in mind that SWs prefer assault with a few units to provide heavy support fire, etc.

Dev squad will be smallish (Long Fangs)
Dreads are generally Venerables

Get stuck in as fast as possible is the (very roughly) Wolfy way.

If any other SW players tell you you are doing it wrong, tell them to stick it because you will run your gorram pack the way you chose because you are a Space Wolf with a mind of your own, not some damned Ultramarine that has to follow a rulebook. :D

Askil the Undecided
07-05-2009, 12:17
Taking the thunder hammer from the Space Marines that are so transparently inspired by Thor?

That's just bloody stupid.

genestealer_baldric
07-05-2009, 12:22
i know i hope this rumour is proved wrong, i want to build hager with a thunderhammer.

Brother Loki
07-05-2009, 16:58
I believe the rumour is that they won't be able to combine thunder hammers and storm shields on the same model, not that they lose access to hammers altogether. Still bloody stupid though.

Helikaon
07-05-2009, 18:54
Axes, they love power axes.

Archaon
08-05-2009, 09:05
And they despise using Jump Packs because Russ said that men should fight on their feet and not fly through the sky (though if the tactical situation asks for Jump Pack Troops they would use them.. Space Wolves are not dumb).

spacewolf_sven
08-05-2009, 09:18
i know i hope this rumour is proved wrong, i want to build hager with a thunderhammer.

Yes, yes must see that model

Space Wolves need lots of assault troops except they tend away from jump packs. Lots of the nice veterans should be fitting.

mr.kislev
08-05-2009, 10:53
Axes, they love power axes.

that gave me a very cool idea (convert the power fists to carry axes)

laudarkul
08-05-2009, 12:22
http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/space-marines/space-wolf/

You might buy the first Omnibus to have an idea about SW (fluff).

spacewolf_sven
12-05-2009, 05:31
You might buy the first Omnibus to have an idea about SW (fluff).

Although, a later book describes a Space wolf terminator sqaud deviod of thunder hammers-with the "traditional" storm bolters and power fists. I sthis a bad omen for contents of a new codex

Boss Kopstud
15-05-2009, 13:59
I'd say if you wanted to use the regular marine Dex, you would want to make it look something like this:
Tac squads with a special weapon and no heavy weapon (says one's free with a full 10 men, but you don't have to include it...), and sgt with a pistol and power weapon/fist would best "replicate" a grey hunter back (2 for troops). then fill up your FA slots with assault squads with or without jump packs for blood claws and grey hunters. Small dev squads to represent long fangs, whihc you could split into combat squads to simulate splitting fire. Ster/van-guard squads could emulate wolf guard, plus terminator squads as wolf guard.