PDA

View Full Version : A Happy Thread!

SylverClaw
07-05-2009, 11:59
As far as Iím concerned itís been a great month and bit for 40k.

The IG codex was, more or less, everything I wanted for my favourite army. In fact Iíll say it was more than what I wanted Ė thereís just too much choice now!

As such Iím in a very happy mood. The sun is out, my stupid Ultramarines are going to be finished tonight if it kills me and maybe Iíll even get around to painting some ruins up too.

So, is anyone else in a good mood today? Say something positive about the hobby!

To start the ball rolling, Iíll say that the Cadian command squad box set is probably one of the best sets Iíve ever bought. Itís packed full of spare bits for customisation and has almost everything I might want for my command squad needs (lacking a bolter, but I can live with that). I was really pleased with it.

Going back to the IG codexÖ I was also pleased to see that my copy didnít immediately unbind itself. Itís a quality book! And of course the content is great.

So come on Warseer, what are you happy about in our hobby today?

Lamoron
07-05-2009, 12:02
I'm happy someone is happy with the New IG dex! And I'm happy with my newly purchased Waaagh, even though the prospect of assembling and painting some 200 models, still in boxes, is putting a slight block on my glee :)

Vote Kantor
Great new codex.

Finished painting my army.

Valkyrie!!!!

squeekenator
I love Grey Knight Terminators!

The models are just so amazingly brilliant and awesome and make me feel all happy-like and full of joy and wonder, and they're pretty damn awesome game-wise too.

vampires are cool!
07-05-2009, 12:04
Happiness? Happiness, where have I heard that word before? Hmmm, not on the internet me thinks.

Sort of hobby related - my cat recently ate one of my Chaos Space Marines and didnt die! Yay!

Well thats all my happiness extinugished, back to sullen morosity.

DaSpaceAsians
07-05-2009, 12:08
My guardsmen are soon finished painting. The idiot at my local independant retailer stopped coming. I'm going to New-York and getting more guards.

hawo0313
07-05-2009, 12:08
:)I'm happy all my schoolwork is over so I can get back to Warseer.

:)I'm happy because my bro is starting a 40k army yay

:cries:I'm not happy because he'll probably beat me

SylverClaw
07-05-2009, 13:35
I love Grey Knight Terminators!

Grey Knights Termies are uber cool. I can't agree with you more.

MadJackMcJack
07-05-2009, 13:39
Guardsmen are quick to paint!

rrchristensen
07-05-2009, 13:51

Guardsmen die so quickly and are so numerous they are often not even issued expensive, dyed and camoflaged uniforms, instead taking to the field in white pajamas and with their faces covered in flour! :)

Sir_Lunchalot
07-05-2009, 13:56
I like the new book. I can now fit almost all my Vostroyans in a 2000 point army. 12 lascannons, 6 mortars, 5 plasma guns, 5 heavy bolters, 2 missile launchers, over 100 bodies, rough riders, and 3 pie plates in 2000 points makes me smile. Of course my glorious gunline lacks mobiliy, but that's what my shiny new valkyries are for.

MajorWesJanson
07-05-2009, 14:00
I'm happy cause I'll be at GD baltimore this weekend

Sister_Sin
07-05-2009, 14:23
I think the new Codex is shiny. What I like best though is that it made a load of Salamander armies disappear around here as people went IG crazy...so my own Salamanders are once again a fairly rare army hereabouts. :) The second Marine waves looks set to be good, and I adore the plastic Super Heavy tanks.

I'm a happy gal.

Sister Sin

Jack5h1t
07-05-2009, 14:28

So... you've never tried to paint Vostroyans then, yes?

But, to keep on topic. I love the new IG Dex. I love the almost uselessness of the Master of Ordinance. He has such a brilliant attack, but it almost has as much chance of knocking a rather large hole in your own army. Awesome!!!!

Also, AL Rahim, I must get a Tallarn platoon, mounted in Valks. FTW!!!

Hicks
07-05-2009, 14:32
I'm happy to have time to convert a generic daemon prince to Nurgle's side. I'm also happy to be a ble to strip some plague marines and oblits from their paint. I'm very happy with the new chaos codex and I look forward to trying the new IG dex.

the1stpip
07-05-2009, 14:32
Happy, yeah.

My Valkyrie is sat on my painting table slowly being painted. It is a fantastic model.

phedge
07-05-2009, 15:59
I'm happy because I'll be going to Games Day in Baltimore this weekend too! :)

I'm happy for IG players because I love fighting against the IG and hopefully will be able to do it even more often now! :)

The new Stompa kit! Just sheer Orky awesomeness! :)

Telchar
07-05-2009, 16:32
I'm happy because all my 130+ guardsmen are fully painted and now I can start paint Marbo.

CEO Kasen
07-05-2009, 16:47
I'm happy for similar reasons to the OP: I have a bunch of completed tanks, 100 or so guardsmen to paint, and an awesome set of rules with which to wield them like a hammer made of awesome and kittens!

mattcollins1986
07-05-2009, 17:06
I'm happy coz I finished my command squad after being what seems like an eternity of painting scab red....

And I'm even happier coz the last game I played against my mates GK, his 7 man termie squad scattered into a building and then was destroyed on the mishap table! Woop woop!

:D

Netherghoul
07-05-2009, 17:07
I am happy with the mountains of miniatures I have, and there is still more to come.
near 700 dollars worth of Rackham metals, wooh!
And tons of steel guards on their way as well, just to stay somewhat on topic;)

JCOLL
07-05-2009, 17:10
I'm happy to be reading a happy thread for once!

I'm also happy to be working on my Ultramarines again after a long hiatous. Also happy that I will field my Vostroyans for the first time very soon! (Was wainting on the new codex before putting my lists together)

It's a nice day out, too :) Good for primming miniatures.

LordofWar1986
07-05-2009, 17:17
I am happy that I have finished my guardsmen conversions at the same day I got my new IG codex :)

Now all I have to do is paint them up, work on my heavy weapon conversions, paint those too, make Mordian officers to lead my Jakran troops, get my hands on one commissar lord and convert another, and make templates for my Jakran Leman Russ tanks :D

CraftworldsRus
07-05-2009, 17:43
I am happy that the new guard seem to fit perfectly in the game power scale. I am also happy with the new IG models, and love the Armageddon sentinel options in the new plastic kit.