PDA

View Full Version : I need Apoc. Imperial Tank Help!

Theadjectivenoun
08-05-2009, 07:26
I'm going to go and buy an Apocalypse Model the new Imperial Guard tank.
I am not for sure which is better. between the Shadowlord, the Stormlord, the Doomhammer, the Banesword, the Banehammer, or the Stormsword.

my chapter loves blast radius templates but idk which one I want to chose, any personal opinions would be helpful.

b4z
08-05-2009, 07:30
magnetise the weapon options, magnetise the two turret placements, paint it all up [unglued together], and then you can have all 6, depending on what you want?

Marneus Calgar
08-05-2009, 07:49
I'm going to go and buy an Apocalypse Model the new Imperial Guard tank.
I am not for sure which is better. between the Shadowlord, the Stormlord, the Doomhammer, the Banesword, the Banehammer, or the Stormsword.

my chapter loves blast radius templates but idk which one I want to chose, any personal opinions would be helpful.

You're chapter? I assume you are playing Space Marines, it would be more fluffy to get some other Imperial Guard units supporting their Super Heavy Tank.

I still think that the regular Baneblade is the best choice out of all the super heavy options.

Sleazy
08-05-2009, 10:36
chapter??

nooooooo! dont do it. Dont throw fluff out the window and use the apoc shoehorn to field a model that shouldnt be there....

<insert "its his models he can do what he wants" rant here>

In all seriousness though, if you do use marines I wouldnt waste 60 on a tank just for apoc that will get raised eyebrows. If you are dead set on an IG tank, pick the one you like, lavish love on doing a proper IG colour scheme on it then you can use it as an allied IG detachment in apoc. It will be there on display when you are playing normal 40k, looking cool and ready for when you finally break and start a guard army.

RCgothic
08-05-2009, 11:51
Get a Thunderhawk, proper space marine Superheavy. ;)

laudarkul
08-05-2009, 12:08
Thunderhawk for a SM chapter...
If you insist to buy a BB then the Titan Killer variant Shadowsword is perfect (you can pretend that is an attach from a forge world to support you marines if they meet a Titan/Gargant/Stompa).

Chaos and Evil
08-05-2009, 12:17
Your army is Marines so why not get a Land Raider Lascannonator? (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1180072_Space_Marines_Datasheet_-_Terminus_Ultra_Land_Raider.pdf)

Gutlord Grom
08-05-2009, 12:44
Get the super heavy tank for your Chapter. Its your money dude, not ours. Paint it how you like, heck even model a Marine tank commander if you got some spares from the vehicle kit if you want to. It's Apocalypse.

Anyway on to the tanks. The Shadowsword's a Titan hunter through and through. Its really a support super heavy all things said and done. Doesn't make it any less powerful at killing armored targets. The Stormlord gives you massive firepower for a good price,and a nice assault tank to spearhead an armored assault. No template though.

Finn
09-05-2009, 01:33
The weapon mounts for 5 of the 6 options in the Stormlord kit are identical. Therefore you can magnetize the barrels and field whichever variant you wish, provided you either use the sponsons as counts-as (whether they're heavy flamers or bolters) or magnetize them as well.

I'm not sure you can magnetize the turret enough to make you capable of fielding the Vulcan Bolter as well - the turret housing looks too different, and unless you have lots of strong magnets to magnetize the gun housing......

SimonL
09-05-2009, 02:55
You can, with a bit of customization, make it into all 6 variants. The mounting for the VMB fits in the same as the other ones, 'cept you've got clip a bit of plastic off the bottom of the "multi" cannon turret. Behold...

Theadjectivenoun
05-06-2009, 07:54
will i did buy myself the shadowsword/stormlord apoc tank but i ran into a bind I have 0 stats for all of the variants of the tank so i don't have a single clue on what to make is their a website that has all the stats for the tank so I know which one I can make TY in advance.

RCgothic
05-06-2009, 09:37
Try GW website, 40k>apocalypse resources>apocalypse datasheets.

Da_Killa
06-06-2009, 01:37
magetize them dude