PDA

View Full Version : Would you say a choice of army reflects one personality?

SharpSilver
08-05-2009, 16:28
As the title says, Would you say a choice of army reflects one's personality?

I thought it might make a interesting discussion with some opinions from both sides of the table, order and disorder.

For example, being a CSM player, would you consider yourself having a fiery personality that can run wild if not controlled?

Templar Ben
08-05-2009, 16:37
No and can we get this as a sticky? We just had the 433rd version posted last week.

ChrisMurray
08-05-2009, 16:37
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167805&highlight=personality

Whitehorn
08-05-2009, 16:38
Well that depends if you chose the army for its appearance, its background or its strategy.

Maybe you heard of a rule loophole you can abuse, and your WAAC personality pushed you to invest.

I like to be different - without being a cliche - by checking out the player pool and picking an army not yet used.

However, that has lead to me collecting most armies. Perhaps I'm a hoarder, or easily bored and likes variation?

I have CSM, SM, IG, Eldar, Tau, Orks, Daemons, Tyranids..
O&G, Lizardmen, VC, TK, WoC, Doc.

What am I?

FraustyTheSnowman
08-05-2009, 17:04
Well...I play(ed) guard because they were the underdog...(catachans because I like commando style jungle fighting stuff...vostroyans and death korps because I have a fetish for men in heavy coats with gasmasks [maybe I should rephrase that]...elysians because I like aircalv...bretonian conversions because I like trech style warfar...and traitor guard because I hate the imperium)

I play chaos because that's what I started with (they're big, evil, covered in spikes, and worship demons? DUDE! I'm twelve, hell yeah I wanna play those guys!) and have been recently running deathguard/nurgle due to converting posibilities as well as the wide margine of error while learning to sculpt.

I play dark eldar because I like the concept of soul devouring, drug loving, baby impailing, fast moving, can't take a hit, pirates.

I have an eldar army because in my ignorant youth I was lead to believe the dark eldar codex was week. I also didn't like the current model range, but that has been rectified after shamelessly stealing doghouse's innovations.

I'm working on an orc force because I really like the idea of psychotic mushroom people being hardwired into a giant metal can festooned with guns, spears, explosives, and claws and thrown forceably into the front lines.

I played tau because I really REALLY dig kroot.

I play kroot, because well...they're KROOT!!! A whole army of wonderfull kroot!

And I play sisters because what's not to like about a five foot nun in a power corset kicking down your door and hitting you, your family, the family pet, and the neighbors kid who was unlucky enough to happen to be there, with a flame thrower because a fly somewhere fell into a type writer and the name of the famous wanted criminal got misspelled. (you get a cookie if you catch the reference)

zombied00d
08-05-2009, 17:09
Can we just link the article from the Magic: The Gathering developer who talked about the archetype gamers and go from there? That's what these threads always devolve into.

The SkaerKrow
08-05-2009, 17:10
Yes, it absolutely reflects the personality of a player. Indeed, when I'm not at work torturing babies so that I can use their souls to buy off Slaanesh, my spiritual loan-shark, I enjoy strapping on a jump back and sticking chainswords through people so that I can drink their blood.