PDA

View Full Version : How does WoC compete in tournament?

40kdhs
08-05-2009, 20:02
I would like to know how WoC competes in tournament? Are they weaker than previous edition?

thank you for answering my question.

Witchblade
08-05-2009, 20:14
Stronger, but more limited in possibilities for competitive builds.

They're not top tier, but not weak either. They have a shot at winning, if played really well, but on average they get trumped by the big three: daemons, vampire counts and dark elves.

Dexter099
08-05-2009, 23:00
Not any more limited, just more people who believe they are.

Kill-Freedom
09-05-2009, 03:22
There powerful, but unless there's 2 units of khorne knights on the other side of the field, and a few MoT wizards, that kill me in magic, they dont worry me :D

Vampire FTW

Seville
09-05-2009, 05:33
Not any more limited, just more people who believe they are.

QFT.

I haven't played any tournaments with WoC, but around my local game store, they are considered borderline broken even by very competitive tourney players. Seriously. Whether it's true or not, up to you, but the guys who use them (myself included) are feared in my area.

But this being the internet, I am sure all of my local players are retarded.

bork da basher
09-05-2009, 07:00
having played chaos warriors in the last 3 editions of the game they are certainly at their strongest and most competative now, not up there by DE, deamons and VC but still very capable. not played my army in a tourney enviroment yet but most of my gaming buddies build their armies to be competative.

ive been using what i believe to be the strongest build for the book, all magic cavalry list. you can use variations of sorcerers with differant marks but im a monogodist and went all tzeentch for theme (kaldours knights of tzeentch) it turns out to be no disadvantage at all. max out on knights throw in some hounds and horsemen with flails and you have a seriously fast and ultra deadly list that has so far yet to loose in 12 games.

very few armies are equipped to deal with this and usually they only have 1-2 turns to stop you before you ride over him. i use 4 supporting disc riding sorcerers who really complement the army, spells like pandemonium (and infernal puppet) can ruin the opposing armies magic phase, treason played on the right unit is golden, flickering fire is the best no.1 spell in the game and gateway just speaks for it itself.

given the list won't win you many friends but for tourneys your not really there to hold back.

zoggin-eck
09-05-2009, 09:50
Out of interest, why does it matter?

Using a "powerful" army doesn't make a crap player good and so on.

This isn't a game where people are going to agree on such a loose question.