PDA

View Full Version : My Marine Background

Private Ginger
10-05-2009, 02:33
First off, I posted this in background because I didn't know where to put it.
Second off, this is more of an organisational thread than a background thread.
Now, on with the show!

Here was how I planned to do my Space Marines.

Six men per squad.
Thirteen squads per company, with an attached ten-man scout squad to make up for the ten-man discrepancy.
There will be six line battle companies.
Three of the remaining companies will be comprised each of Scout, Devastator and Tactical marines, and only those marines.
The final and last company will be made completely of six-man Sternguard veteran squads. One half of the squads will be armed completely with flamers, the other half with melta guns.

All other marines, save Devastators, will be armed with bolters.
Squad type will be denoted on the right shoulderpad.
Silver for Tactical.
Red for Devastators.
Black for Scouts.
White for Sternguard.

(If I missed anything, please tell me.)

CommissarTanith
10-05-2009, 03:34
Seems interesting enough. If you're trying to make a real background for your army, try doing it more story-like.

Warforger
10-05-2009, 04:51
You missed assault squads, they don't appear to be part of your chapter.....

Also Bikes as well.

Otherwise it would end up as an unorthadox chapter, but w/e.

Vote Kantor
10-05-2009, 07:19
Put it in the army lists section.
Looks good to me.

pigfly
10-05-2009, 07:31
ya like this story i am working on. my templar get their butts handed to them by blood angels and somehow get infected with the red thirst. now i am converting them to BA.
you cant even play 13 man squads unless you play BT.

Private Ginger
10-05-2009, 14:01
It's six man squads, with thirteen per company.
Also, I was going for a more Death Guard or Iron Warriors-esque Space Marine army. Almost all infantry.

Edit: Can the moderators please move this to Army Lists?

pookie
12-05-2009, 13:06
ya like this story i am working on. my templar get their butts handed to them by blood angels and somehow get infected with the red thirst. now i am converting them to BA.
you cant even play 13 man squads unless you play BT.

not possible, its a flaw of the BA Gene Seed, it could only happen, if, they started to use the BA GS.

OT - 6 man sqds, you do realise this means they wont have access to Assualt.Heavy weps?

Urath
12-05-2009, 18:31
Certainly sounds unique.

@Private Ginger: The Iron Warriors have a helluva lot of heavy equipment ranging from artillery to Land Raider formations.

Aliarzathanil
12-05-2009, 19:49
Any reason for the radical divergence from the codex? Seems kinda arbitrary without some, you know, background.

Does your chapter founder think he's smarter than Papa Smurf? Is it superstition? Is you homeworld the reason for it. Give us something. And failing that, at least a paint scheme.

Private Ginger
12-05-2009, 20:57
The six-man squads are there because the squads are used generally in urban warfare. Since six men is the largest amount of people in a Razorback, you have six-man squads.
Also:
Paint scheme is thus:
All black save shoulderpads or weapons. Shoulderpads ar painted according to squad type. More background will be up later.