PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie basing

black seer
10-05-2009, 17:04
Im think of starting a guard army and i was wondering does the Valkyrie come with an Acrylic rod (or flying base thing) to base it if not can someone please tell me how i would base on im am going for the flying look so i would obviously be using an acrylic rod to rest it on I am not quite sure about the actual base what should I use.:)

susu.exp
10-05-2009, 17:12
It comes with a new flying stand, that so far only comes with the V, but will aparently later be sold seperately as well. About 5" high.

CapitanMee
22-12-2009, 06:04
I have a question, Is there any rule that says the Valk has to be mounted on the full flying stand, or could you make it shorter to help with some cover issues and a low flying gunship just seems awesome.

Shipmonkey
22-12-2009, 06:13
I have a question, Is there any rule that says the Valk has to be mounted on the full flying stand, or could you make it shorter to help with some cover issues and a low flying gunship just seems awesome.

The rulebook does say to mount the mini on the base provided. Mounting it lower to gain cover saves would fall squarely into the realm of modelling for game advantage and woyld likely get called out at a tourney. The Valk seems like its priced to reflect the fact that nearly everything on the table will be able to shoot it.

CapitanMee
22-12-2009, 06:17
k thanks, Just liked the picture in the book and was wondering.

Grimbad
22-12-2009, 06:35
I'd let you do it if it was really cool. Like if it was on a flying base comprised of a swarm of gaunts dragging it out of the sky, or attached to a massive explosion, or flying low through a plume of smoke. Armorcast sells some nice sculpted smoke and explosions. Just cutting the stem lower and gluing it on would be a bit dubious, though. And of course, if you had any vendettas they'd have to by low-flying too, giving a major drawback as they want to be able to see the enemy.