PDA

View Full Version : Will FW make new weapons for the mars pattern?

BaronDG
10-05-2009, 19:53
I took a look at their site and even for the Mars pattern, you are supposed to buy the weapons individually. Does this mean they might be making new ones?

gamer2456
10-05-2009, 19:58
In the Baltimore Games Day thread (rumor section) someone talked to the Forgeworld guys, and they said they were making them

BaronDG
10-05-2009, 20:20
Much obliged sir! I think the mars pattern is by far the coolest and since I have one already, I'll leave the arms on the one I'm building now unattached for the time being!

We don't play Apocalyps very often anyway...

Dreachon
10-05-2009, 20:23
Hopefully they'll soon be ready with the mars ones then they can do them for chaos, I really want a 2nd chaos titan.

MajorWesJanson
10-05-2009, 20:55
Yes. Both the Inferno Blastgun and the turbolaser are WIPs, and they are ambidexterous. Let me see if I can upload the photos.

BaronDG
10-05-2009, 23:33
Pics would be great!

Col.Gravis
11-05-2009, 10:24
The Inferno Cannon for the Mars can be seen in the bottom left of this picture.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58794&d=1241906258

PRoeske
11-05-2009, 12:15
The inferno-cannon on the bottom-left is just the normal one for the lucius pattern Warhounds.

Grt. Pim

Spacker
11-05-2009, 12:20
The Mars weapons have the arm integrated which is why they are "left" and "right" fitting only (the integrated short arm which mounts in to the shoulder is angled rather than vertical, unlike the Lucius pattern that has the arm separate). As PRoeske points out that Infernon Cannon has no arm so it's not a Mars weapon - unless they are also going to include separate arm stubs for the loose Mars weapons that are not shown in the pic.

Binky
11-05-2009, 14:17
The Mars weapons have the arm integrated which is why they are "left" and "right" fitting only (the integrated short arm which mounts in to the shoulder is angled rather than vertical, unlike the Lucius pattern that has the arm separate). As PRoeske points out that Infernon Cannon has no arm so it's not a Mars weapon - unless they are also going to include separate arm stubs for the loose Mars weapons that are not shown in the pic.

I would imagine they would make the arm stubs and the pipe attachment sockets seperate like they are on the Reaver, as that solves the left\right arm issue. So it could be the Mars pattern version, certainly looks like it has the more curved Mars style armour on it, though hard to tell from the pics. Also, would seem a bit odd for them to have a random Lucius weapon hanging about at a show.

MajorWesJanson
11-05-2009, 14:45
That is most definitely the Mars pattern Inferno.

anyone know what software works to get pictures from the phone to pc via USB cable? So far none of the programs I've tried seem to work.

BaronDG
11-05-2009, 15:11
All I can say is: Please keep trying!

MajorWesJanson
11-05-2009, 15:58
OK, got them. Quality is camera phone, since that is what I had on me at the time.

Dreachon
11-05-2009, 19:31
Wow, those are looking good, now it's just waiting for them to do the same with the VMB and the PB and then to convert them to chaos.

Demonrich
11-05-2009, 20:04

I think you are confused between the reaver and warhound. My Mars pattern warhound has seperate arm stubs which allow you to mount the weapon as you wish (exactly like the Lucius). The Reaver's stubs are connected to the weapoon. The reason they are left and right sided weapons is purely because of the design of the weapons. They are asymetrical and so would look wrong if fitted on the opposite arm. :)

BaronDG
11-05-2009, 21:49
Looks neat. Any predictions on when we'll see them up for sale?

Spacker
11-05-2009, 21:52
I think you are confused between the reaver and warhound. My Mars pattern warhound has seperate arm stubs which allow you to mount the weapon as you wish (exactly like the Lucius). The Reaver's stubs are connected to the weapoon. The reason they are left and right sided weapons is purely because of the design of the weapons. They are asymetrical and so would look wrong if fitted on the opposite arm. :)

I'll have to check my Chaos Warhound (which will have to be tomorrow otherwise I risking waking the kids up with the noise of shifting boxes), but I could have sworn the arm stubs were part of the weapons.

EDIT Doh! I have pics on my site! I see now that I was mistaken, sorry :cries: