PDA

View Full Version : Daemon Princes

Teri-Hxlac
11-05-2009, 07:42
Is there any possible way to make these actually good?

Nicha11
11-05-2009, 07:48
Is there any possible way to make these actually good?

Gateway Spam.

bork da basher
11-05-2009, 07:57
a lvl 4 sorcerer lord of tzeentch on a disc will do that just as good if not better because it has access to magic items. the only thing the DP has over it is combat ability and terror, but lets face it you dont really want your lvl 4 mage in combat at all, its too much of points risk. DP's arnt actually that difficult to kill and the points differance between the two makes the lvl 4 lord the default choice IMO

The Red Scourge
11-05-2009, 09:53
Tendrils of Tzeentch.

Fenrir
11-05-2009, 10:16
Which army - DoC Daemon princes, or WoC Daemon princes.

Any particular god or unaligned?

mrtn
11-05-2009, 10:52
I used a level 4 fire magic with Tendrils of Tzeentch and Fury of the Blood God. Worked great, with Fiery Blast and Flaming Sword he "got his points back" and didn't even lose a wound. Blasted a unit of marauder horsemen one turn, half the wounds from a Shaggoth the next, charged the Shaggoth with Flaming Sword the third, blasted a wounded giant to death the fourth and offed a nurgle sorcerer after that.

Harwammer
11-05-2009, 12:21
Last game with my woc tz dp I was fighting orcs. I rolled 1,2,3,4.

First turn: Treason of Tzeentch and Flickering Flame caused panic in some black orcs and a unit of trolls, who fled the table due to pandemonium.
Second turn: terror caused a few units to flee into my lines (including the orc general's unit; unlucky!).
Third turn: terror scared a fighty orc block lead by a blorc away from the main area of combat, they were then forced to flee further after being charged in the fourth turn (managed to end up 1 inch outside my max charge; lucky orcs!).

The DP was supported by two nurgle casters who spammed buboes at enemy characters to try to draw out dispel. One sorceror had the puppet which pretty much nullified my 3 miscasts (modified most into 5-6 because the enemy had no wizards, I did manage to turn a miscast plague squall into IF on his boarboys and BSB bunker).

My dp also landed a few wounds on the enemy's giant, allowing the sorceror bunker to finish it off in combat (my level 1 did the last wound and rolled stupidity :rolleyes:).

I think my DP won me that game there (despite not rolling gateway :p). It was a fantastic support unit, despite costing nearly a quarter of my army. My opponent had only taken a stone thrower and 5 dispel dice for ranged/magic and said the DP was very hard to deal with. However, I must say against an ITP army the DP would have accomplished relatively little for his points since his main role seemed to be inflicting terror/panic and screwing with Ld.

Whenever I play my BoC my orc opponent takes his giant, so I'll be playing my DP against his orcs again :D. Sadly, I have a bad feeling he is switching to lizardmen soon... oh well, it was nice having the more powerful army for 1 game. At least I understand the daemon lamerz now :D