PDA

View Full Version : Librarians in Dreadnaughts?

electricwolf
11-05-2009, 17:56
Does anyone remember in any of the fluff if a Librarian has ever been entombed in a Dreadnaught?

I wonder if they would loose their psychic abilities once they are entombed.

Master Stark
11-05-2009, 18:07
It's a very long history across a very large galaxy. I'd be tipping that at some point, a Librarian has been interred in a Dreadnought. I can't imagine why that would affect their psychic powers though.

Kurisu313
11-05-2009, 18:15
You can't remove a librarian's powers without a lobotomy, so there's no reason why he would lose his powers.

However, a huge metal sarcophagus will severely dampen any powers he might have - after all, lightning from his eyes will hit the inside of the dread! It is easy to imagine that you would build psy-conduits into the hull, allowing him to transfer his power to the outside, but certain types of attack may simply not be possible.

All grey knights are psykers to some degree, and there are grey knight dreads.

It's not unfluffy in that it's impossible, just that you don't hear about it.

kane40k
11-05-2009, 18:16
i would love to see that! that wold be awsome. i dont know if its ever happned but chaplains have so it wouldnt suprise me... sounds like an an apocalypse data sheet oppotunity to me.. :) Thats a good idea tho! i might have to expand and convert at somepoint... but first i need money! lol payday isnt untill next month nw! stoopid expencive driving lessons!:( lol. back on topic, yeh i guess it must have! arn't the dudes in titans psychic ?? and the navigators in ships? they havent lost their powers so i doubt they would lose them in a drednaught. :Dhmm my dod just sat on my arm nw it is dead lol im off cya ppl!
St.Jimmy - Apostle of Kel'shaan

Templar Ben
11-05-2009, 18:23
It doesn't logically follow that they would have those powers in a dread but just wait and I am sure FW will make one.

Ozendorph
11-05-2009, 18:30
A Rune Priest dread would be about the coolest thing ever. The ladies would swoon ;)

Sorros
11-05-2009, 19:56
the last thing we need are librarian velnerable dreadnoughts...if marines get that, Eldar totally get farseer driving a wave serpent.

salazaar
11-05-2009, 20:10
I think this has been up for discussion like a hundred times, and IIRC the concensus is something like "a libby won't be put in a dread 'cause it's too dangerous to have someone with a connection to the warp encased in a dreadnought".
Me, I couldn't care less, it sure has potential to look pretty cool :)

MadHatter
11-05-2009, 20:10
Or farseer's in a wraithlord! Mahahaha

pootleberry
11-05-2009, 21:22
I don't think it would be unfeasible for an aegis style dreadnought suit to be created, apart from the fact that the techmarines might have lost the art of creating these giant suits. This would explain why marines fight like men possessed to reclaim one of these fallen leviathans.

Ozendorph
11-05-2009, 21:33
the last thing we need are librarian velnerable dreadnoughts...

My Warlock Titan would find the whole idea amusing. Then he'd fry their brains and catapult them through warp-space.

Ganymene
11-05-2009, 23:45
Or farseer's in a wraithlord! Mahahaha

Ask and ye shall receive (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3147226&postcount=43)! :evilgrin:

I think the Dreadnought would be much more open to possession by demons with a psychic conduit inside of it, so the chapter might not risk putting a Librarian in one.

Although it would be a sweet conversion opportunity.

kane40k
11-05-2009, 23:47
My Warlock Titan would find the whole idea amusing. Then he'd fry their brains and catapult them through warp-space.

haha i like :D

Escaflowne_Z
11-05-2009, 23:50
There is a short story from one of the old compilations that has a librarian encased in a dreadnought. He lost his link to the warp until battle damage cracked the sarcophagus open.

Bubbatron
11-05-2009, 23:51
you used to be able to do all kinds of abusive stuff like that in rogue trader --- ah them were the days !

Spacker
11-05-2009, 23:52
I don't think it would be unfeasible for an aegis style dreadnought suit to be created

GK Dreadnoughts already have the Aegis rule, they have done for years now (that codex is 5 years old now!) :)

Sorros
11-05-2009, 23:57
Angry Eldrad inside an avatar...