PDA

View Full Version : My SM chapter story

CommissarGuard
11-05-2009, 20:59
hi all can anyone tell me if this is a good starting back story for my chapter of SM thxs in advance

Story of the Arch Knights

At the start of the 41st millennium the Arch Knights home planet was called Augusta prime then the necrons rose from deep in the planets core,
As the necrons rose the chapter was outnumbered so the knights called upon there most trusted allies the Arch Angels, when the angels arrived over half of Augusta prime had been destroyed, you could walk for miles on the corpses of the Arch Knights.

The fighting was close and bloody so the chapter master made a decision to retreat off the planet in a desperate gamble to draw the necrons off the planet, it didn’t work and the necrons destroyed the planet and everyone on it. It is up to the Arch Knights in there flying fortress the “AUGUSTAS SPARTAN” to defend mankind from the power of the necrons with the help of the Arch Angels mankind will be safe from the necron menace.

M41.567893123 Arch knight Libaream
AUGUSTAS SPARTAN

Blekinge
11-05-2009, 21:17
So you have a fleet based chapter. The story is sort of okay, not that well written.

The necrons do not destroy worlds, they reclaim and cleanse them. Do you mean that the augustus spartan is orbitting the planet still?
Dropping rocks, perhaps?

CommissarGuard
11-05-2009, 21:41
I need to think it thorgh, whould it be a good story line if the chapter went hunting the necrons on any planet they apper to try and distory them

Johnnyfrej
11-05-2009, 21:44
Maybe the Augustus Spartan can be a Ramilies Star Fort? Now that is some firepower.

CommissarGuard
11-05-2009, 21:48
Maybe the Augustus Spartan can be a Ramilies Star Fort? Now that is some firepower.

Now that sounds good thxs

any one else got any ideas to help me make an intresting Backstory as i know mine is a bit boring

Seth the Dark
11-05-2009, 23:58
I would flesh it out more with names but I like the idea of them fighting Necrons exclusively. Perhaps you might include an Inquisitor from the Ordo Xenos to go along with the background.

Tourniquet
12-05-2009, 00:32
Mention how now they are under strength as well, since so many died. like 2 company's left or something.
Bad history with other imperial forces since they almost point blank to give aid, unless its necrons.

This adds character tot he chapter. making thems ound self serving, where only they are going for self preservation

NightrawenII
12-05-2009, 08:48
Drop the you could walk for miles on the corpses of the Arch Knights, they are SM not guard.

and The fighting was close and bloody. Gauss weapons leave no remains;)

Exterminatus on the Augausta and sent them on the Repent Crusade until they save 100 worlds from Necrons menace.

CommissarGuard
12-05-2009, 21:59
that sounds great thanks i will rewrite it up poss next week thanks for the help guys/girls any more advice whould help

thanks again all

NightrawenII
13-05-2009, 09:05
To add some sauce:
The Techmarines of the Chapter discover some unknown signal from below the surface of planet. They go to found what it is and awake the Necrons. Necron Lord use some strange handwavium artifact to control the techmarines nad servitors and send them back to Fortress-Monastery, where they corrupt rest of tech-staff and some vehicles.

So when Necrons attack, the Marines figth on two fronts; with necrons and with their own comrades and stuff (LR Machine Spirits go crazy).

This will be better move to Background.

CommissarGuard
13-05-2009, 11:50
cool thanks that will go well with my chapter as wella s they dont use many tanks as they are a force that infiltrates alot so it chould be that during the fight the chapter lost most of it's tanks