PDA

View Full Version : Slave Escape!

GraveGuard
12-05-2009, 00:04
Okay so I have this idea for a small game/scenario and was wondering if the lovely Warseer People could help me out with it.

Slave Escape!

Scenario: Slaves have escaped the Pens and are trying to make for freedom of the port/dock/whatever where their ship(s), someones ship is being held.

Objective:
Slaves: To escape to the end of the board without being killed.
Slavers: To recatpure or kill the escaping slaves.

Not sure on this one but probably something like 2-1 in favour of the Slaves.

Thats the basics I have so far. I know it's not much so Iwould really like some help on it. Special Rules, turn limit, board size etc

Charistoph
12-05-2009, 00:30
Model ratio would probably be higher than 2:1, probably closer to 4-10:1, but with a twist. Guards can only start out with a limited percentage on the board, with the rest being in reserve. After the end of Turn 1, roll for reserves like 40K or any of the digging units. If any of guards panic off, add one to your roll for each one that ran off. Cavalry would receive a -1 the Reserve Roll to indicate their needing to mount.

Guards would depend on which army was the holder. WE and Bretts would be excluded, as they are more likely to kill left over enemy than enslave. Light Infantry (eg. Skinks, Marauders, Halberdiers, etc) would probably be Troops, with Heavy Infantry (eg. Saurus, Warriors, Swordsmen/Greatswords, etc) as Special Choices, and Cavalry units would be Rare. Only Troops would be able to be deployed initially.

Slaves could possibly have reduced stats due to their incarceration. I would probably use the Skaven Slaves as a starting point. Equipment would be just hand weapons (tools) with a possible additional upgrade to flails (chains that they were held in). Add Skirmish rule to show their lack of discipline and inability to fight in ranks.

DirtyCajun
12-05-2009, 09:53
How about this
Slavers: Dark Elves
1 Hero choice up to 50 pts of Magic items normally available to that hero choice
4+ Core units Models on units on foot must outnumber Mounter 2:1
0-2 special or rare

vs

Slaves: 50% more than the DE's Cost
1-2 Hero no magic items (these are the men/lizards/whatever leading the rebelion)
5+ Core choices (most of the slaves would have to have been common fodder troops)
No warmachines

bob_the_small
12-05-2009, 11:33
and since these are slaves, they move as a disorganised rabble, eg skirmishers, and (if you want) when they get into combat they rank up like beastmen do...
just a thought...

Bjornas
12-05-2009, 12:18
Make sure there's lots of terrain, make half the board a system of tunnels if you're making a table. You could also have a set of Empire halberdiers unknowingly patrolling outside the tunnels :D

EDIT: Ah, I thought this was a skirmish game.

Keller
12-05-2009, 13:12
I think this would be better played as a skirmish scenario. It plays quite differently than regular warhammer, but may be worth a look.

Dai-Mongar
12-05-2009, 13:16
Make sure there's lots of terrain, make half the board a system of tunnels if you're making a table. You could also have a set of Empire halberdiers unknowingly patrolling outside the tunnels :D

EDIT: Ah, I thought this was a skirmish game.

The thing is, this would be awesome as a skirmosh game. It would probably play better as well. Giving the guards semi-random movement and allowing them to spot slaves within LoS or Initiative range would be cool; give the slaves little or no armour and one or two HWs (chains perhaps?) so they have to maneuver around the better equipped guards.

GraveGuard
12-05-2009, 17:09
Okay taken all this onboard guys thanks for the help so far. Yes the Idea was to have it as a Warhammer: Skirmish Scenario.

What I was thinking NOW though was the SLavers side starting from multiple/different locations, like certain buildings/barracks around the board/city etc in small groups at different time but was unsure how to do this. Something like:
Each Deployment Point is numbered 1-6, roll to see which Guard House/WatchHouse/Barracks is deployed from each turn.

Then I thought of something like having them already on the board roaming around unaware and having an alarm system (if anyone remembers the Last Chancers in a WD a long while back taking down a Chaos DockingPort/Location) similar to that.

Then if they are spotted you roll a D6 and on 1-6 it determines on where and how many -reinforcement Slavers appear and fromwhere (probably the nearest Barracks/Deployment point) to the alarm unless that would be to far to complicated.

Charistoph
12-05-2009, 18:41
Then if they are spotted you roll a D6 and on 1-6 it determines on where and how many -reinforcement Slavers appear and fromwhere (probably the nearest Barracks/Deployment point) to the alarm unless that would be to far to complicated.

Too complicated depends on the playing group. If they are having a hard time with basic WHFB, then yes, it would be too complicated. Run the rules by different people you plan on playing with and ask them if it's too complicated. They would be your best gauge for that than we would be.

If you get some exprienced D&D and/or wargamers involved, it shouldn't be complicated for them at all.

Dai-Mongar
13-05-2009, 04:51
A system like the goon squads from Kill Team would work, with the actions of the slaves alerting the guards (moving too close or attacking a guard, for example).
It could be fun to have competing teams of slaves trying to sabotage each other as well, trying to draw the guards to the other teams' locations and so forth.

pfishy98
13-05-2009, 05:09
i think that the slaves should have all core, and the slavers mostly elite troops, and no monsters, war machines or wizards on either side. so, a 2-1 ratio of troops favouring the slaves might not be enough.
Would the two forces be the same race, or say, Dark elf slavers and dwarf slaves?