PDA

View Full Version : The Ork Codex - units missing from the army list?

Damned Marine 42
12-05-2009, 11:46
on page 34 (in the forces section) a page is titled Mekboyz,
Big Meks and their "fans" the Mekboyz...
The stats for the Mekboyz are given as seperate to the Big Mek's,
yet there is nothing in the lists regarding how many Mekboyz can accompany a Big Mek, what wargear options...
nothing/nada/zip

on page 98 Nobz - a Nobz Mob may be upgraded to Nob Bikers, and one of the armies pictured has a Nob Biker Mob in it,
yet Nob Bikers have no entry in the army list ??
what are their stats ? their wargear options ??

DM42

MrGiggles
12-05-2009, 11:55
Mekboys are an upgrade which can be taken with units of Lootas and Burnas. Wargear options are listed in those entries. The retinue of Mekboys for a Big Mek was from the previous Codex and is no longer available as such.

Nob Bikers are made from the Nobz entry. Stats are identical to normal Nobz with an additional point of toughness. Wargear options are identical to those of normal Nobz. Nob Biker models can be obtained in one of three ways. First, you can gather the single Nob Bikers from the Warbiker boxes. Second, you can purchase the Forge World Nob Biker models. Third, you can convert or build your own.

Lamoron
12-05-2009, 11:55
Mekboyz are found in the "Lootas/Burnas" section, where three Lootas can be upgrades to Mekboyz.

Nob bikers are simply ordinary Nobs that buy a bike in the wargear section of their entry.

Now Madboyz are missing!

Edit. Ninja'd!

Lord-Caerolion
12-05-2009, 11:56
About Biker Nobs, you said it yourself, Nobs are upgraded to Biker Nobs, they aren't a seperate unit choice, they're simply Nobs on bikes.

As for the Big Meks and their fans, that doesn't state they're in the same unit. They're seperate units, one being a HQ choice, the other being upgrades for certain units.

EDIT: Dammit, ninja'd twice! How the hell'd that happen?

Born Again
12-05-2009, 13:29
Mekboyz are found in the "Lootas/Burnas" section, where three Lootas can be upgrades to Mekboyz.

Nob bikers are simply ordinary Nobs that buy a bike in the wargear section of their entry.

Now Madboyz are missing!

Edit. Ninja'd!

Yes, while madboyz probably serve little use game-wise these days other than to cause much rolling of dice on random effect tables, they were mighty fun back in the day.

I'm still disappointed the concept sketch of Ork Squig Riders never made it into a final unit though :(

Damned Marine 42
12-05-2009, 13:33
okie guys,
i am new to the 40K rules,

it was the section of the Mekboyz entry where it talks about BikMeks garner a following of acolytes, tread-heads and Meks that appeared to indicate that a BigMek was a unit leader of some sort, similar to a Nob leading a mob of orkboyz.

and there is nothing in the Nobz section of the list to indicate what they get for being a biker, and the biker entry mentions only 1 nob in a biker mob...

so, after pondering this for quite a few weeks while my sons amass their ork hordes to try and wipe the floor with dear old dads ex-spacehulk marines, i figured i'd best ask for some good advice on just how many nob bikers and mekboyz am i going to be stomped on by... and what are they going to be capable of...

Lord-Caerolion
12-05-2009, 13:46
In the Nobz entry of the army list, we have the option:

The entire mob may be upgraded to:
-Nob Bikerz + x points a model

It also states:

Equipment:
-Nob Bikers are mounted on warbikes

Biker Mobs and Nob Biker Mobs are two completely different units.

As for the Mekboyz entry, not everything in the fluff corresponds to rules. If you want to, think of the army as the Big Meks followers.

Lamoron
12-05-2009, 13:51
But it does say under Warbikers on p.46 what you get for riding a bike. It's under wargear for the bikers, then apply it to a basic nob = Nob biker.

pookie
12-05-2009, 15:24
you can have two Big meks in a Ork force and several Meks as upgrades ( instead of Knobs ) so itl dep on the units your sons take as to how many you will face..