PDA

View Full Version : New IG 'dex question: Is it feasable to field a LoTD Zombie army with it?

Skaven13
13-05-2009, 02:02
Hey guys. This question is for those of you who may have their hands on the new IG codex. I have really been wanting to play my plague zombie army again, and I was wondering if it would be feasable to use them under the new IG codex. If so, what unit would they best count as? I basically want to know if I am going to be wasting 25 bucks or not. I could use the tanks, traitors, rough riders, and other things I modeled up for that army, but what I really wanted to use are the 60 plague zombies I have.
I know next to NOTHING about any version of IG. The IG and Tau are the only two armies I have never really collected, so I may need some explainations.

Vaktathi
13-05-2009, 02:09
you could use Zombies for either Conscripts (you'd need at least 2 regular infantry squads and a command squad still though) or penal legion troopers.

That said, there's really no massive weeny CC unit in the army that really represents zomies well. Conscripts are the closest, but they are still a fairly shooty unit (50 lasguns go!)

swordbob
13-05-2009, 03:16
Maybe penal legions. My idea was to use the legions as mutants (since they roll for a random "power" every game) use Ogryn as Big Muties and to use the armies Psykers as cultists and sorcerers. You could easily 'counts as' zombies for the same effect. The new freedom in the IG's force organization will definitely make LatD armies easier to make. Not as easy as if they had an actual codex mind you, but I digress.

Nonalyth
13-05-2009, 03:48
Didn't GW release a LatD army list, with specific rules for plague zombies?

Durath
13-05-2009, 03:50
Didn't GW release a LatD army list, with specific rules for plague zombies?

If you refer to the LatD army list from the Eye of Terror campaign book, that list is no longer accepted in most tournaments. I believe it was due to changes in the Chaos Codex.

Vaktathi
13-05-2009, 03:57
That and trying to find a copy of the Eye of Terror book is practically impossible outside of Ebay.

starlight
13-05-2009, 04:26
*Given* units :)

Primaris Psyker - yes
Conscripts - yes (the IG Platoon can represent less infected soldiers)
Penal Legion - yes
Ogryns - yes
Psyker Battle Squad - yes
Bane Wolf - yes

The rest can be justified with varying degrees of effort... :)

Nonalyth
13-05-2009, 04:26
I was actually referring to the PDF you can download from their site.

Vaktathi
13-05-2009, 04:42
It's on the site? where? I can't seem to find it (although I may be blind too) at least on the US site.

TheOverlord
13-05-2009, 04:47
Heh, Lost OR the Damned? :D Made me smile a bit.

That pdf is for apocalypse only I think.

Kalec
13-05-2009, 04:50
The pdf on their website is for apoc, not regular games.

Penal legions would work best for zombies if they don't roll gunslingers. Lots of stuff in the codex will work for LatD with minimal imagination.

decker_cky
13-05-2009, 07:16
Zombies with "Send in the next wave" seem like a good zombie start to me. Take two minimum platoons, one with chenkov. Give both platoons maxed conscript squads and send in the next wave. Take straken in your HQ as a chaos marine, and to give the zombies an assaulty side.

(send in the next wave is basically a slightly better version of "without number" that you can buy if you take chenkov in your army).

FunkyRatDemon
13-05-2009, 08:17
There is an Apoc formation if that's what your referring too

Max1mum
13-05-2009, 08:31
who says 40k zombie's aren't more like the zombie's we know from 28 days ?, running basterds, quick basterds, the relaly nasty type.

...they can be anything really. The only thing i just don't see zombie's doing is heavy weapon detail...but then you could confert a ogre up to be a big mutant running around with a lascannon - afteral it's a 2 wound entity now :P

StefDa
13-05-2009, 09:50
I've got an Ogre with a Lascannon doing Big Mutie dut :) Of course, he is using it as a club.

Dranthar
13-05-2009, 10:06
I'm using my plague zombies I have as either lesser daemons or plague bearers, depending on which army I'm using.