PDA

View Full Version : Huzzah! new (very local) local GW store for me :D

librerian_samae
13-05-2009, 09:01
It may be a time of economic crisis and down turn, but where I live is getting a brand spnking new GW store in 2 weeks time.

Not since the days of Uni (and Portent for that matter) have I had the luxery of being able to game at a GW or any gaming shop for that matter.

Any one else rember the feeling of finding out about a GW right near you,
hopefully It may even raise the game profile in my area which would be nice.

Plus at long last the only county with no motorway now has a GW.

And they called Dorset sdrawkcab :p

Any one else near Dorchester hope to see some people, after/at the opening on the 23.

Templar Ben
13-05-2009, 12:14
Don't forget to pick up some G Swords at the grand opening sale.

orkz222
13-05-2009, 12:22
enjoy, more place to play :) save up for the grand opening to wack some models before the price increase.

librerian_samae
13-05-2009, 12:47
pfft gold swords,

Got most of my stuff already for my armys, and what I havent got is just some peices to up my troop unit numbers really.

A valkerie or ravenwing battle force box however, I can never have too many of :p

I'm just excited about a new venue and more opponents more than anything my old ex doctor who set polystene crater planet terrain and home made wrecked buildings are getting a tad samey.

InquisitorRex
13-05-2009, 12:57
Dorchester is getting a Games Workshop store at last? How jolly - that makes long visits to my mother in law so much more interesting.

RevEv
13-05-2009, 13:09
Sorry!

Just picking my jaw up off the floor.

Dorch is to have a GW... my flabber is ghasted!

Why now, why not when I was commuting between Yeovil and Weymouth? It is long overdue. When I lived in Yeovil area the nearest GW's were at least an hour and a quarter away (with a fair wind).

librerian_samae
13-05-2009, 13:42
It shocks me too, although I'm half expecting it to fold within the week after not enough people turn up.

But hey I'll be happy while it lasts,
now to practice my telepathy (or is that telepatheticness :p )

**...vets night not a tuesday, vets night not a tuesday...**

So far all wev'e had localy is toymasters stocking the odd bits and peices as well as latest codecies/armybooks so not having to hoof it all the way to Poole will be fun.

Templar Ben
13-05-2009, 14:10
My understanding that Vets night are not that common so you may be in luck with it not being on Tuesday.

librerian_samae
13-05-2009, 14:48
hehehe I can only hope as my game night is tuesday night.

But yeah any gaming suport would be welcome really.

Templar Ben
13-05-2009, 15:38
Were you normally paying full MSRP for your GW models or since you were receiving no GW services were you buying online?

I just wonder if you feel having a store would make it worth paying the prices GW charge.

BrazenSix
13-05-2009, 18:01
Congrats, I'm jealous. :) Closest GW store is about 2 hours away... yes I know not that far compared to others, but it makes it into an almost whole day affair by the end of it.

librerian_samae
14-05-2009, 08:13
Price wise it dosnt really matter to me as he bits I need to get for my armys are relatively minor so I can just buy less and make sure my current stuff if nice before adding anything.

It's great having playable armys as theres nothing I NEED to buy just wishlists.

Yes traveling even 2 hours can be a pain escpecialy if you want to do a vets night and have comitments the next morning, late nighhts equals killer.

Jedi152
14-05-2009, 08:39
Yay! Now you can play games and swig scrumpy at the same time! :D

I'm surprised to see that they are opening new stores in these times. They must still be turning a good profit.

I still don't know what's happened to the Worthing store. I went two weeks after it's opening date and it was still locked up with piles of stock on the floor, and it's still not listing on any official store listings.

librerian_samae
14-05-2009, 10:07
Thats weird, hoping the same dosn't happen to Dorch one :(

As a side note never mention scrumpy to me Iv'e had the real stuff, thats brewed in a jerry can and you know its ready when the joint of pork you dropped in it has dissolved (used to be rat back befor 'elf and saftey) not nice I can tell you.
Unlike that weak chavy stuff all the kids seem to be drinking these days :eyebrows:

Anyway heres to more opponents and not playing on a rug on my floor anymore:D