PDA

View Full Version : is the forge world khorne deamon prince and herald cheaper?

mr.kislev
13-05-2009, 09:19
i just had a look at the new khorne deamon price and herald. then compared it to the greater deamon (what i would use it for) and for me being in australia it is cheaper and you would get a free herald. this to me makes no sense. so why is it so cheap? (but i am not complainng)

forge world deamon price and herald 86.60 aus + shipping

normal gw blood thirster 95 aus.

edit

Azhrarn
13-05-2009, 09:27
i just had a look at the new khorne deamon price and herald. then compared it to the greater deamon (what i would use it for) and for me being in australia it is cheaper and you would get a free herald. this to me makes no sense. so why is it so cheap? (but i am not complainng)

forge world deamon price and herald 86.60 aus + shipping

normal gw blood thirster 95 aus.

Metal = expensive.

Smaller (compared to say a Super Heavy) FW model = apparently fairly easy and cheap to produce.

Forgeworld has also been getting better at the smaller stuff, pricing it quite competitively with GWs own metal range, which has only gotten more expensive over the years.
Add the rather scewed price conversion from pounds to any other currency by GW and you end up with cheap FW stuff because you always pay those in pounds. In pounds the FW model is more expensive (43,06 pounds for the prince and 34,25 for the thirster).
It is just compared to local pricing that FW ends up being cheaper, mostly due to GWs currency conversion practices.

mr.kislev
13-05-2009, 09:34
ahh the recession helping me save money on forge world. and the deth korps per squad are only 3 aus bucks more then my vostroyans. (but without heavy weapons damn)

shin'keiro
13-05-2009, 12:29
is the forge world khorne deamon prince and herald cheaper?

NO! its forge world... its overpriced

Azhrarn
13-05-2009, 13:11
NO! its forge world... its overpriced

Dislike FW much? ;)

While expensive, especially compared to the brittish GW pricing, these are small run high detail resin models, not generic mass-produced metal or plastics.
Compared to GW pricing for the rest of the world, FW is getting more and more attractive as the low pound means that paying FW in pounds ends up being cheaper than locally bought GW miniatures, sometimes even with the shipping.