PDA

View Full Version : Reiksguard, an Empire Army Novel - Book Cover

bomblu
13-05-2009, 19:16
Just wanted to post this as i dont think anyone has posted it before. It's the 1st part in a new series of novels for the Empire by Richard Williams.

It'll be out on the 1st of June.

EDIT

Here's a link to the sample extract from the novel:
http://www.blacklibrary.com/pdf/reiksguard.pdf

zak
13-05-2009, 19:19
Very nice cover art.

ICLRK625
13-05-2009, 20:12
I like the cover art a lot, I may actually have to read this one.

Jedi152
13-05-2009, 20:18
The cover's been out for months, in fact i've had the book since Easter, i just haven't had time to read it yet.

It's a lovely picture. I love the classy minimalist look.

Count Zero
13-05-2009, 20:29
will all the books abut the empire have the little header at the top, or will it be the start of a new series?

Griefbringer
13-05-2009, 20:30
My local indie store has had it for sale since the beginning of the month.

Jedi152
13-05-2009, 20:33
will all the books abut the empire have the little header at the top, or will it be the start of a new series?
It's the start of a new series called the Empire Army series. Each book will focus on a different unit. The second book is Iron Company, about engineers and artillery crews, and the third is Call to Arms, about swordsmen.

The second and third covers are also on the website.

Count Zero
13-05-2009, 20:54
cool, i wonder if they will omnibus it? i hope so, i prefer them due to value. the amount GW/BL have been cranking out recently i think i can read their books only for the rest of my life :)

lord marcus
13-05-2009, 21:03
we all can. i'm barely keeping on the wagon.

Jedi152
13-05-2009, 21:23
My to read pile is massive. I have got at least 30 BL books on my shelves to read.

bomblu
13-05-2009, 21:26
The cover's been out for months, in fact i've had the book since Easter, i just haven't had time to read it yet.

It's a lovely picture. I love the classy minimalist look.

Sorry for the old news then guys, though the site says it's still for pre-order (so i assumed it hasnt been released) :eyebrows:

And I found the cover for Iron Company. Thanks Jedi for sheding the light on the info :)

Chiron
13-05-2009, 23:41
It's the start of a new series called the Empire Army series. Each book will focus on a different unit. The second book is Iron Company, about engineers and artillery crews, and the third is Call to Arms, about swordsmen.

The second and third covers are also on the website.

18th Sigmarzeit

I'm so lonely here, I've been attempting to move to the front for a month now but each time the general tells me not to mess around and stay in camp. Apparently I'm not good enough for him

I'll show him, I shall invent a bigger pigeon bomb and make it poo on his head

Or invent Facebook

So alone... *sniff*

Laughingmonk
14-05-2009, 01:15
Sweet! I will buy them all (unless they SUCK)!

Condottiere
14-05-2009, 03:47
18th Sigmarzeit

I'm so lonely here, I've been attempting to move to the front for a month now but each time the general tells me not to mess around and stay in camp. Apparently I'm not good enough for him

I'll show him, I shall invent a bigger pigeon bomb and make it poo on his head

Or invent Facebook

So alone... *sniff*

Warhammer 4K - Imperial engineers invent internet. MySpace membership by population percentage densest in Naggarond. Modem invented to permit telegraph signals from Dwarven Holds to be translatable to computer languages. Tyrion most popular Twitterer.

Laughingmonk
14-05-2009, 04:14
It doesn't have enough skulls.

Leogun_91
14-05-2009, 09:01
My to read pile is massive. I have got at least 30 BL books on my shelves to read.You are lucky...I have decided to read each second book a classic and have about 30 of those as well.