PDA

View Full Version : Dark Angel successor chapters...

chrismp_123
14-05-2009, 22:22
Does anyone on here play Desciples of Caliban or Angels of Vengeance (real Angels of Vengeance not just chaos black terminators)? If so can someone link some pics. I would love to see a true DA successor chapter. I have not encountered one in 7 years of gaming. Everyone plays the real thing or just sprays their termies black and says its the AoV or pre-heresy DA. :rolleyes:

Any pics would be great but if you play a DA successor and have no pics, which one do you play?

Surgency
14-05-2009, 22:26
I'm working on creating an Angels of Absolution army, but haven't started painting them yet. I'm going to make them an all mounted army, no scouts, no devestators, no walkers... tac marines in rhinos, predators, and bikes. The idea will be a 'stronger Ravenwing' type force...

chrismp_123
14-05-2009, 22:34
I'm working on creating an Angels of Absolution army, but haven't started painting them yet. I'm going to make them an all mounted army, no scouts, no devestators, no walkers... tac marines in rhinos, predators, and bikes. The idea will be a 'stronger Ravenwing' type force...

That sounds interesting. Please post some pics when you get some paint on them. I would love to see them.

Asmodia
14-05-2009, 22:42
I'm working on my own DA sucessors at the moment, going for a really dark red (dried blood) colour scheme.

gunbunny242
14-05-2009, 22:48
I have a pre heresy DA army. They were my first army, started in 87 I think, so are proper pre heresy as GW hadn't created the fluff yet. I chose them because of a picture in issue 94 of white dwarf. Everything in it is RT era, the most recent models being metal termies from the early 90's. I still use them now and again.
My dreadnought can get cover saves from grots...........it's so diddy

Ozendorph
14-05-2009, 23:14
I play Angels of Vengeance. Unfortunately I don't have any good army pics online (I need to work on that) but you can see one of my captain models and a couple tac marines in the background of this pic

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/1132/formattedbrawlzw7.jpg

chrismp_123
15-05-2009, 01:24
I play Angels of Vengeance. Unfortunately I don't have any good army pics online (I need to work on that) but you can see one of my captain models and a couple tac marines in the background of this pic

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/1132/formattedbrawlzw7.jpg

That is great! I have never seen a AoV army. From what I can see I love them. Your captain looks good. Is that a conversion from the special edition model or is that the DA captain that you can currently buy with the head removed and replaced?

When you get a chance you should really post a few pics of them.

odmiller
15-05-2009, 01:36
That is great! I have never seen a AoV army. From what I can see I love them. Your captain looks good. Is that a conversion from the special edition model or is that the DA captain that you can currently buy with the head removed and replaced?

When you get a chance you should really post a few pics of them.

I have an Angels of Redemption squad in my DA army.

http://odmiller.tripod.com/id27.html

And five different successors in my veteran squad.

http://odmiller.tripod.com/id26.html

chrismp_123
15-05-2009, 02:42
I have an Angels of Redemption squad in my DA army.

http://odmiller.tripod.com/id27.html

And five different successors in my veteran squad.

http://odmiller.tripod.com/id26.html

Those look great!!!

Quick question... Is the Desciples of Caliban chapter symbol painted on? That looks great and I am currently considering them as an alternative to Dark Angels but dont think I can paint that symbol. If someone could print them for me Id buy them but I have had no luck finding any. How did you do it?

inquisitor solarris
15-05-2009, 08:02
Why not try the Black templars kits? They have a great set of old heads :D

CyberC1
15-05-2009, 13:42
I play AoV... and I have the exact same color scheme for robes as Ozendorph. :D Great minds think alike.

Murrithius
15-05-2009, 14:35
I used to have an Angels of Absolution army, sold them to fund a DA army though (Yes, weird I know...)

odmiller
15-05-2009, 15:01
Those look great!!!

Quick question... Is the Desciples of Caliban chapter symbol painted on? That looks great and I am currently considering them as an alternative to Dark Angels but dont think I can paint that symbol. If someone could print them for me Id buy them but I have had no luck finding any. How did you do it?

Unfortunately they're painted on.

Sorry.

Ajamax5
15-05-2009, 15:23
I play a unforgiven coalition Deathwing. 3 terminator squads and three venerable dreadnought, one of each in the colors of, Guardians of the Covenant, Angels of Absolution)I know the paint's realtively the same but I modelled them differently), and the Consecrators. Converted Captain from Chaplain base model from the Guardians and Librarian from the Angels. I'll post pics when I can.

BigBadBull
15-05-2009, 16:15
I have a DA successors chapter. I'm at about 70 termies, and 12 finished LR's( soon up to 15 after the reaver build),10 dreads, 6 tac squds, All the command options, and 2 Raven wing units. I'm in you area ( kinda) Will be at the Waagh! in July.

I'll see if I can get picts this weekend
If you have not been to Haagws.

Urath
15-05-2009, 16:18
I have a small force of marines from the Consecrators chapter, just a Tactical Squad and a Combat Squad + captain. Sadly, my camera is down atm so no pictures :(

victorpofa
17-05-2009, 02:08
I was going to make Pre-Heresy Dark Angels, but decided to just do Angels of Vengeance for simplicity. It will be three 2000 point forces making the largest army I have worked on to date. There will be a regular DA army, a Ravenwing army, and a Deathwing army. Only a small number of models will be shared between the three forces.

This project will hopefully start in late June/early July after school lets out and I am unemployed for two months. I have been sitting on most of the models since the DA release two years ago. If I get the ambition up in between Grad school I will do a project log.

I have to get my Guard or Dark Eldar finished before starting this force. Two armies at once allows for variety, but three at once begins to stretch things too much.