PDA

View Full Version : Librarians?

The Caliban Lion
15-05-2009, 21:49
Which of the original loyal Legions does most use of Librarians? I know that the Blood Angels have Mephiston, but he is only one person. And I don't want to count the Blood Ravens, seeing how they are only a chapter from a later founding.

So, which one is it? The Dark Angels always seemed like they have plenty of psykers, but perhaps I'm beeing fooled because every marine wearing a hood reseambles a psyker to me. :p

spacewolf_sven
15-05-2009, 22:00
Strangely enough the space wolves could be right up there (if you count the fact they call them rune priests) due to their alternate organisation compared to most other chapters. It can't really be salmanders, raven guard, imperial fists, white scars, or iron hands.

Arakanis
15-05-2009, 22:19
Well, I'll tell you who it's not: Black Templars. :angel:

Lessee, Ultramarines. They're the benchmark Chapter, so I doubt they have any MORE Libbies than normal...

Blood Angels do have Mephy, but I don't think they have any more Libbies than the Ultras

Space Wolves... they have more Marines in general than a normal Chapter. They might have more Rune Priests as a result.

Dark Angels have Zeek. They make pretty serious use of their Librarians in their interrogation. So they may have more Librarians because they have wider duties to cover.

That covers the big five...

Melchiah
15-05-2009, 22:34
I could see the Imperial Fists having a fair ammount of Librarians. As a fleet based chapter would need the astropaths and other pyskers need to run the fleet.

Maidel
15-05-2009, 22:39
I could see the Imperial Fists having a fair ammount of Librarians. As a fleet based chapter would need the astropaths and other pyskers need to run the fleet.

Yea - but they are civillians, not librarians.

Melchiah
15-05-2009, 23:00
I never said that they were. I merely ment that one could be used to flush out the other as a means of finding them. As a fleet based chapter I would think it be harder to pin down the real number of all the brothers. Thus making the number of librarians higher or lower then your Codex chapters.

Maidel
15-05-2009, 23:15
I never said that they were. I merely ment that one could be used to flush out the other as a means of finding them. As a fleet based chapter I would think it be harder to pin down the real number of all the brothers. Thus making the number of librarians higher or lower then your Codex chapters.

You mean that its hard to keep track of 1000 marines?

Sure, its hard to keep track of 1 billion guardsmen in a regiment - but its not hard to keep track of 1000 marines who, although fleet based are not 'crusade based' like the black templars, or 'independant' great company based like the space wolves are.

Col. Tartleton
16-05-2009, 00:50
He's saying that psykers can sense psykers, so with all their mortal psykers finding psykic recruits is that much easier.

Gutlord Grom
16-05-2009, 04:36
You could also say keeping track of multiple companies acting across the known galaxy is insanely difficult , since searching for a company of Space Marines and attendant ships would be like trying to find a needle in the ocean depths with duct tape over your eyes. Add in warp currents, time dilation and combat casualties, Imperial Fist companies would probably be slightly larger as a result. This would mean that the Libraium is larger per Company fleet, essentially a branch of the Phalanx's Librarium cadre. This may mean that at any given time an Imperial Fist Librarian might be responsible for the training of for psyker recruits that can't be transported back to the Phalanx.

Hood
16-05-2009, 11:59
Well, I'll tell you who it's not: Black Templars. :angel:

Abhor the witch! DESTROY THE WITCH!!! :chrome:

Yes, Black Templars as Arakanis correctly mentioned have a fanatical revulsion against psyckers... The kill them on sight. They won't even take ally armies with psychers inside them and they can't be used as allies in an army that has psychers. They even have a vow to choose which is specifically against them!

"She's a witch! BURN HEEER!!!" :skull: