PDA

View Full Version : New Elf Hero

I_R_Da_Bestest
18-03-2005, 22:58
On the GW ssite there is a new hero guy... (look unda snk peak) is he gonna be a spec char, i men he looks DA BOMB! so, who thing he shuld get new rules etc... anyone no anyting bout him?

Rabid Bunny 666
19-03-2005, 23:23
aah, the limited edition hawk dude or the not-so-linited mage?
*waits for ed to pop up with his web speak **** take as he always does*

Reabe
19-03-2005, 23:38
On the GW ssite there is a new hero guy... (look unda snk peak) is he gonna be a spec char, i men he looks DA BOMB! so, who thing he shuld get new rules etc... anyone no anyting bout him?

The Non-mage hero does look cool as he was a "limited edtion" model for a Games Day (Germany, I think). They've just changed the model's name. He does have rules, but I would just use him as a Commander/Prince or whatever.

Eldacar
20-03-2005, 01:35
The non-mage, who they are calling Selafyn of the Annuli?

He's just a reprint of Phytrion with a new paint job.

Rabid Bunny 666
20-03-2005, 01:43
this was on old portent :D

Tastyfish
20-03-2005, 01:45
If you check out here (http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=4504) I think there are two actul new heros - one with a bow and the other a great weapon and shield? Also another new mage

Rabid Bunny 666
20-03-2005, 01:50
but on the UK sneak peak, theres 2 mages and a captain with sword/shield,i think, too many heroes for high elves! druchii need some too!

Inquisitor DreaxIV
20-03-2005, 02:03
I think the HE are just getting new characters for the Lustria campaign. the Druchii will get there turn hopefully... They need a new sorceress as the current one looks like a man :p

boogle
20-03-2005, 02:14
the one on the sneak peeks will only be available of the 3rd on April along side the Inquisitor

SlaaneshBeast
20-03-2005, 02:17
I REALLY like the High Elf on the far left with the sword and shield. He'd be a great model to use as a Phoenix King. The one next to him with the bow is cool as well. As for the mages...eh.

boogle
20-03-2005, 02:18
I REALLY like the High Elf on the far left with the sword and shield. He'd be a great model to use as a Phoenix King. The one next to him with the bow is cool as well. As for the mages...eh.

Well Finubar is supposed to be getting rules in the Lustria book, so there is your chance

Rabid Bunny 666
20-03-2005, 02:22
i think he meant the other one, do you mean the bare headed one or the helmeted one in the neutral pose?

Darius Rhiannon
20-03-2005, 04:14
Well it seems we have too mages playing with their "balls"... of elemental magic.

I'm just concerned for the Stability of those high models, to me it would look like they would fall over a lot.

I think I could use them as centerpiece models. You know, but them on the large 50x50 bases and place them in the middle of the unit and saying, "he is next to the Champion" type thing.

boogle
20-03-2005, 04:17
they should be alright, if not, a little weighting on the base should even thing out

rkunisch
20-03-2005, 07:26
The High Elf was not from german GD. He was a special character (named Pythrion as mentioned) for a summer campaign. He was easily available those days. He was also re-released as Grey Elf for some special promotion for WarCry in the US.

Have fun,

Rolf.

Tastyfish
20-03-2005, 08:49
Well Finubar is supposed to be getting rules in the Lustria book, so there is your chance
Historical rules - he isn't Pheonix King yet during the campaign

Kul
21-03-2005, 14:27
yea, the sword/shield ones is cool, and the ball-riding mage, the one with the weird staff isn't to great..

Firsanthalas
21-03-2005, 15:05
Judging by the detail of the hero with the sword tip in the ground he could be Finubar. While he wasnt yet Phoenix king he was still a great Elven hero. Anyway I reckon he would make a great model to represent Finubar.

rkunisch
21-03-2005, 16:23
I am not too much a friend of a hero which leans on his sword instead of having it ready to fight. :rolleyes:

Has anyone a better picture of the third mage (the one in the middle between the other two)?

Have fun,

Rolf.

Sgt John Keel
29-03-2005, 18:24
Judging by the detail of the hero with the sword tip in the ground he could be Finubar. While he wasnt yet Phoenix king he was still a great Elven hero. Anyway I reckon he would make a great model to represent Finubar.

Doesn't look much like a seafarer to me. Besides, we've been told that Finubar won't get a model and the french online store sells him as a normal hero.http://fr.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.fr?do=Individual&code=99060210114

/Adrian

Akuma
30-03-2005, 19:20
The thing that GW does with He heros is wonderful - maybe we wont need to make conversions and use the same old mages agin and agin :D - I've aslo hard from someone that some GW bloke said that WE will get lods of Hero miniatures as well ( probably because thay're beeing reedone and stuff )

dragonmaster
09-04-2005, 16:22
finally, we're gettting some attention frm GW..........

Baggers
09-04-2005, 20:35
The High Elves were going into the new Lustria book, but now as far as I can remember from my flip through the book, they are not. I belive the models are there filling in spaces and allowing the release of a battalion deal.

Just Tony
09-04-2005, 23:18
The battallion sets are plastic. Pewter releases to add to the battallion? No, I think it's more because they realize the generic hero models for the High Elves simply aren't there. Other races have at least one generic model for a mage OR a hero. With the High Elves, you have Tyrion, Teclis, Imrik, Eltharion, or a few random mages. It's almost like saying "Either run an all mage army, one of our special characters, or pay out the ass on our online store for archived miniatures." Their new attitude seems to be to make the models available. No more proxies, or hugely complex conversions, just buy what you need. Each race will get the same fix, rest assured. The High Elves just seemed to beat everyone to the punch. Me? I was forced to convert an old pointy fingered Farseer with a bare Eldar Guardian plastic head. It actually makes a great Armor of the Gods+Swordmaster fig...

Tony

Festering Chantor
09-04-2005, 23:19
This thread has been dead a long time... Perhaps it's a good idea to let the dead rest in peace...

Festus
10-04-2005, 08:57
No, it was definitely good to revive it, so that I could have a glimpse of the new HE models.
And isn't discussion about all things WHFB rumors supposed to happen just here?

I think I'll have a new sig.

Festering Chantor
10-04-2005, 09:06
Think all the new HE models are on advance order on the UK site... Heros, Mages and Stick Chucker... yeah, that's it...